IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I’m surprised Joachim Low hasn’t been linked - leaving after the Euro’s - he’d have to cut out the scratch and sniff nonsense but he’d be an appointment that would restore the faith in the decision makers.

Really? His CV before the Germany job isnt particularly inspiring. 

13 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I’m surprised Joachim Low hasn’t been linked - leaving after the Euro’s - he’d have to cut out the scratch and sniff nonsense but he’d be an appointment that would restore the faith in the decision makers.

Apparently he's said he's not interested in club football 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Really? His CV before the Germany job isnt particularly inspiring. 

Let’s hope he’s learnt something in his 17 years in the national team set-up. Probably one of the most highly regarded managers in world football - he’d be a huge coup. It’s not happening but if Moshiri wanted a ‘marquee’ type managerial appointment like Ancelotti, there’s not many higher profile than Low.

57 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Let’s hope he’s learnt something in his 17 years in the national team set-up. Probably one of the most highly regarded managers in world football - he’d be a huge coup. It’s not happening but if Moshiri wanted a ‘marquee’ type managerial appointment like Ancelotti, there’s not many higher profile than Low.

International management is very different to club management. 

It also helps that he has managed one of the most talented groups in world football.

44 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Really? His CV before the Germany job isnt particularly inspiring. 

Apparantly they were after him, but they probably weren't. We have been linked with enough managers by the media to know they talk plenty of shit!

Touche though 😉

Martinez is looking favourite according to the Mail with most of the board backing him, except Moshiri who wants Benitez even though their could be a huge backlash from many supporters he’s still digging in for him. I think it might be safe to say our next manager could well be Spainish, but who is anyone’s guess at this moment. 

Just now, London Blue said:

How sure are you about this?

It's coming from Bad News O'Keefe :lol:. So nothing official, obviously, but he seems to think it's happening.

I'm going to feel so disconnected from my club, like I did when Bisto Tits was in charge. I'll still be going the game and I won't be wanting us to lose, but I will be looking forward to it ending as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's coming from Bad News O'Keefe :lol:. So nothing official, obviously, but he seems to think it's happening.

I'm going to feel so disconnected from my club, like I did when Bisto Tits was in charge. I'll still be going the game and I won't be wanting us to lose, but I will be looking forward to it ending as soon as possible.

O'Keefe is not that ITK, be saddened  and amazed if true.

Hopefully just more pundit BS. 🤞🙏

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Here he is on local radio

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I don’t think it is mate Moshiri and Usmanov want him, Brands and others want Martinez. 

That's the vibe from some quarters, given the amount of money Usmanov has put into the club he is bound to have a say, I just wonder why he would be that bothered about having fat waiter in charge.

I can see it, my brain just cant comprehend it.

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I don’t think it is mate Moshiri and Usmanov want him, Brands and others want Martinez. 

why would they want him?  he is a man on the decline.  i don't know who considers him "a big name" he is nothing of the sort.  his CV pales in comparison to Carlo

EDIT:  i'm speaking about Rafa

The frightening thing is that I'm not speechless at Benitez coming in, I'm speechless at the fact that (if true) Moshiri hasn't listened to the likes of Marcel Brands and pressed on with his own choice anyway. Despite being the majority shareholder, if we have a scenario where we've literally got one man calling all of the shots off his own bat then that is a terrifying state of affairs. 

What's upsetting too (and that's the right word to use) is how this is going to make being a matchday fan for next season. A stadium that is completely toxic as 50% will back Benitez and 50% won't (at best). Banners will be out at pre-season games asking for him to be sacked and the media will be completely loving the absolute implosion that's happening at Goodison. I can't stop going to the game, or supporting Everton as for me and thousands of people it's just a way of life but I really, really don't want next season to come around - I'm dreading the opening day already.

I honestly feel as though since Moyes left, this has just been one big nightmare dashed with little moments of glitter.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The frightening thing is that I'm not speechless at Benitez coming in, I'm speechless at the fact that (if true) Moshiri hasn't listened to the likes of Marcel Brands and pressed on with his own choice anyway. Despite being the majority shareholder, if we have a scenario where we've literally got one man calling all of the shots off his own bat then that is a terrifying state of affairs. 

What's upsetting too (and that's the right word to use) is how this is going to make being a matchday fan for next season. A stadium that is completely toxic as 50% will back Benitez and 50% won't (at best). Banners will be out at pre-season games asking for him to be sacked and the media will be completely loving the absolute implosion that's happening at Goodison. I can't stop going to the game, or supporting Everton as for me and thousands of people it's just a way of life but I really, really don't want next season to come around - I'm dreading the opening day already.

I honestly feel as though since Moyes left, this has just been one big nightmare dashed with little moments of glitter.

My banner will be saying Moshiri out, I beginning to feel we have become a toy for Moshiri and Usmanov, they couldn’t get their real target of Arsenal so we drew the short straw and have become their entertainment, between them they have billions so the odd few hundred million they are playing with here means fuck all to them, they could live their lives over 100 times over and not be able to spend their money. They seem to be playing their own game of football manager. 

23 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

We are where we are as Ancelotti shafted the club. Several on here including me have said I'm ok with Benitez, other better options would not touch us at the moment. Just supposing we get a good start to the season will the 50% naysayers still be wanting him out? 

5 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

We are where we are as Ancelotti shafted the club. Several on here including me have said I'm ok with Benitez, other better options would not touch us at the moment. Just supposing we get a good start to the season will the 50% naysayers still be wanting him out? 

My thoughts exactly. We embraced Peter Bearsley and in reverse Steve McMahon was loved at Anfield, I don't really see why the manager's job is any different. Sure he said condescending stuff about us in the past (was his job) but if he got it he'd say all the right things I'm sure, he's far from my first choice but I won't be taking to the streets with a pitchfork if he's appointed. 

Whoever it is i want it soon, and im prepared to give him time to sort this mess out that has gone on for far to long , not a 5 minuet job to sort this lot out, the last 5 managers have failed.

We have had enough of that, appoint a man and leave him to do his job, and back him.

Ex red or someone new, lets not cause divides before anyone is appointed.

We are Blues and we get behind our team, and manager.

Edited by Tonsta
spelling

13 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Whoever it is i want it soon, and im prepared to give him time to sort this mess out that has gone on for far to long , not a 5 minuet job to sort this lot out, the last 5 managers have failed.

We have had enough of that, appoint a man and leave him to do his job, and back him.

Ex red or someone new, lets not cause divides before anyone is appointed.

We are Blues and we get behind our team, and manager.

We get behind our team and our manager. But his team will never feel like our team to me, and he won’t feel like our manager.