IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Feel like headbutting a wall.

WHY. THE. FUCK. ARE. MOSHIRI. AND. KENWRIGHT. GETTING. INVOLVED. IN. RECRUITMENT.

Honestly, it's beyond a farce. What exactly is the point in having Marcel Brands at the football club if all he's employed to do is shout good ideas that then get dismissed?

Well the first is the owner of the club and the other is the Chairman, I think they would have the right to be involved. !!

On Martinez...I'm still angry with him. Well, frustrated. He had it all. He had us all in his palms. The club. The fans. The players. He had the answers in front of him. He just needed to adjust a little and he was there. Could have been a whole different story if he just went back to that first season. Absolute idiot. Loved the guy and hated seeing him sink. Oh Roberto. You silly knob.

42 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

On Martinez...I'm still angry with him. Well, frustrated. He had it all. He had us all in his palms. The club. The fans. The players. He had the answers in front of him. He just needed to adjust a little and he was there. Could have been a whole different story if he just went back to that first season. Absolute idiot. Loved the guy and hated seeing him sink. Oh Roberto. You silly knob.

I get what you mean but honestly,  he was going to be booted regardless because he wasn't Moshiris choice, and Moshiri wanted to put his foot down to show he was in charge. Martinez could've won a trophy or qualified for CL, he still would've been kicked. 

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i would take bobby brown shoes over benitez every time.  JUST SAY NO TO RAFA!  

He had his chance, move on if not Raffa, then a new face, only idiots repeat mistakes.

Oh i forgot its EFC

14 hours ago, London Blue said:

Personally the longer this goes on the more I think it will be Bobby, who I will welcome back here, we are a different club and he is a different manager. He still feels an affection and affinity for us and we, well allot of us want that first glorious year of his management back.

I am not sure Martinez is really doing anything differently. He has a good side but they ship too many chances. Denmark has 21 shots on goal last night. I know that doesn't mean they were good chances but decent sides don't ship that many shots regardless. You only have to look at their transitions, there is too much space in midfield leading to good counter attacking chances or turnovers.

7 hours ago, c1982 said:

Season 3 - FA Cup and League Cup semis… we should have beaten Man U for a final against Palace..

That FA Cup semi final was heartbreaking. If I remember rightly we were pretty crap in the first half, played really well in the second half throwing everything at them, getting back in the game only to lose to a last minute goal. I think we missed a penalty as well. Ergh.

5 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

WHY. THE. FUCK. ARE. MOSHIRI. AND. KENWRIGHT. GETTING. INVOLVED. IN. RECRUITMENT.

You'd be wanting a say on who is managing your business if you owned one / was the chairman.

Plus we don't know the level of truth in anything that's being written. Blues are losing their heads because there's nobody been appointed yet. Twitter has been embarrassing recently. There's no rush. Euro's are on so nothing in the way of transfers, plus coaches will possibly be available after teams are knocked out.

I'd put money on the manager we get isn't in the bookies top 10 favourites right now.

34 minutes ago, Bailey said:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/06/blogs/premier-league/everton/everton-fabrizio-romano-discusses-clubs-pursuit-of-nuno-espirito-santo/

If true, Nuno would feel a lot like Brands pick and Mohsiri is trying to get someone else in if he can.

We don't actually know if any of these articles are the truth or just media guesswork,  but if its true that Everton Phoned him and told him not to sign for Palace they should give him the Job, if they don't and it comes out that they did ask him not to sign, somebody's head should roll for that.

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Hiya Pete, your quoting the euros which he got on the back of Moyseys team, then cup semi finals but you are forgetting his league positions,  I think it was 11th and 14th and playing shite, which is the reason he got the sack.

I’m not Pete so presume you mean me (as you’ve quoted my post)… the progress in Europe was his 2nd season and I’d have happily finished 11th (or 14th) and win a cup - still would now.

Brands was reported as saying we have to look at all options there is no rush, maybe it is true that Moshiri wants Benitez, and maybe he hasn’t been appointed because Brands is still looking at other options, if Moshiri goes against his DoF then the future looks very bleak, surely Moshiri won’t go against Brands advice on who gets the job would he?

49 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Brands was reported as saying we have to look at all options there is no rush, maybe it is true that Moshiri wants Benitez, and maybe he hasn’t been appointed because Brands is still looking at other options, if Moshiri goes against his DoF then the future looks very bleak, surely Moshiri won’t go against Brands advice on who gets the job would he?

If Moshiri goes against Brands, the man he appointed to make these decisions and set the direction of the club then I would expect Brands to resign. Its such a major decision. 

Given Brands has just been given more Board positions I don't think he will go against him on this, even though he owns the club. 

So much crap swerling around as nobody knows exactly what is happening. We just have to wait and be vocal on the managers we really don't want. 

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

😂 where you been mate, everything alright I hope. 

I’m good mate, just been a little busy with work that’s all. Still been on catching up though.

Hope you and yours are good to mate. Can’t wait till we’re all back in and can finally meet up.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I’m good mate, just been a little busy with work that’s all. Still been on catching up though.

Hope you and yours are good to mate. Can’t wait till we’re all back in and can finally meet up.

👍

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Post of the day 🤣

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

How come Moyes couldn't do as well with Moyes' team?

Do you actually know how Moyes did while he was here Cornish. ??  Take a close look at our record before he came, and his record after he arrived.  I think he did very well with His team, nobody else has given us any finishes like that since.

Everton’s Premier League positions in the six seasons prior to David Moyes’ arrival as manager had been wretched. Indeed in the decade before he was appointed Everton manager the Blues had managed just one single top half finish in 1996 under Joe Royle.

From two skin of the teeth relegation escapes in 1994 and 1998 - and successive finishes of 15th, 17th, 14th, 13th, 16th and 15th.

In the decade which followed his appointment he reversed that trend spectacularly

Moyes guided Everton to  7th, 17th, 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th, 6th and 5th.  He gave a club back its pride.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

Do you actually know how Moyes did while he was here. ??  Cornish Take a close look at our record before he came, and his record after he arrived.  I think he did very well with His team, nobody else has given us any finishes like that since.

Everton’s Premier League positions in the six seasons prior to David Moyes’ arrival as manager had been wretched. Indeed in the decade before he was appointed Everton manager the Blues had managed just one single top half finish, in 1996 under Joe Royle.

From two skin of the teeth relegation escapes in 1994 and 1998 - and successive finishes of 15th, 17th, 14th, 13th, 16th and 15th.

In the decade which followed his appointment he reversed that trend spectacularly

Moyes guided Everton to seventh, 17th, fourth, 11th, sixth, fifth, fifth, eighth, seventh, seventh, sixth and fifth.  He gave a club back its pride.

Bill if you're going to do a copy/paste job go for "paste as plain text" or the font gives away the fact that you're plagiarising:P.

http://coyb.co.uk/so-what-did-david-moyes-ever-do-for-everton/