IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Maybe. But he took a job in China, Newcastle, wherever else, so he's not afraid of moving away. 

Good money - see above. He's had that. 

Are we the best offer. Yeah, probably. Might even be a mix of all of what you've said. Still not worth the abuse he's going to get. Unless he's determined to succeed. 

I know he’s not afraid of moving away, but he also made comments on sky sports not too long ago saying it would be nice to work where he can live at home. 
I just hope this isn’t all just nice and convenient for him, and what you say is right and he wants it because it’s a chance to be successful. I don’t think he would be interested in the job if he lived anywhere else though. 

I personally won’t give him any abuse, but it’s making me feel disconnected from the club already. I don’t remember the last time I felt like that. Like I come on TT everyday, but now I think do I come on here because I want to see what’s going on with Everton or because it’s a habit or to just chat with you guys? I’m not sure anymore. 

33 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

And people thought I was crazy when I said maybe brands tactics are defense first garbage we have seen with Silva Sam and Carlo.  He’s backing benetiz.  I rest my case.  Brands is part of the problem.

Because of one dodgy report on the Internet? :lol:

He probably is getting behind the appointment now, but I suspect because he knows he's lost the battle. I've got no more to go on than my gut, but I'll try my gut over an internet opinion piece

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I know he’s not afraid of moving away, but he also made comments on sky sports not too long ago saying it would be nice to work where he can live at home. 
I just hope this isn’t all just nice and convenient for him, and what you say is right and he wants it because it’s a chance to be successful. I don’t think he would be interested in the job if he lived anywhere else though. 

I personally won’t give him any abuse, but it’s making me feel disconnected from the club already. I don’t remember the last time I felt like that. Like I come on TT everyday, but now I think do I come on here because I want to see what’s going on with Everton or because it’s a habit or to just chat with you guys? I’m not sure anymore. 

Oh I get that. Since Moshiri I've been thinking that though, nothing to do with Rafa or anything else. I don't feel like he's ever understood the club in a lot of ways he's gone about things, but those misgivings have been forgiven because he throws money around and got the stadium project finally moving. 

I come here for the same reason nowadays. Came for Everton, stay for the people (even Palfy). 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Because of one dodgy report on the Internet? :lol:

He probably is getting behind the appointment now, but I suspect because he knows he's lost the battle. I've got no more to go on than my gut, but I'll try my gut over an internet opinion piece

which only backs up my claim that brands is part of the problem.  moshiri is too.

It's going to be proper awkward when he walks out at Goodison as our manager and a lot of our fans boo him 👀.

I won't be booing him but I won't applaud him either. Like Steve, I'm going to feel so disconnected from the club. I think it's going to feel worse than when Bisto Tits was hired - that was a decision made in absolute panic whereas this has been a considered decision even after it's been made clear to the club that a large proportion of the fanbase are against it.

My interest level for this coming season is going to be at an all time low. I've been looking forward to finally getting back to Goodison and now the only thing I'm looking forward to about it is seeing all the people at the game that I haven't seen since the first lockdown.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You're not the only one mate, I've seen loads of people saying the same thing and I can't blame you for trying to find something positive about his arrival tbh!

Yeah I don’t know mate - I’m just a bit disheartened and unsure of the clubs actual direction at the moment I guess!

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's going to be proper awkward when he walks out at Goodison as our manager and a lot of our fans boo him 👀.

I won't be booing him but I won't applaud him either. Like Steve, I'm going to feel so disconnected from the club. I think it's going to feel worse than when Bisto Tits was hired - that was a decision made in absolute panic whereas this has been a considered decision even after it's been made clear to the club that a large proportion of the fanbase are against it.

My interest level for this coming season is going to be at an all time low. I've been looking forward to finally getting back to Goodison and now the only thing I'm looking forward to about it is seeing all the people at the game that I haven't seen since the first lockdown.

to the highlighted part: at least there was a rationale with that hiring, we knew it was short term and what the goal was and the managers track record.  i don't think anyone knows what the thinking is behind the Rafa hiring.  it's just bizarre.  sadly it's becoming a pattern under moshiri.  some on here warned we could get the idiot billionaire as owner, i'm still giving moshiri a chance but he's not exactly covering himself in glory so far.

11 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Hey everyone. First time poster (long time reader). I have to say I love checking in on the different opinions and debates (Lukaku was Cant put down material) but I thought the it was time to contribute. 

I'm English but been living in Philippines for the past 8 years. Bear with me while to get to grips with how the site works etc.

like many I'm not enamoured with this whole Benitez situation but I'm also concerned about Moshri: we def need to build the squad in a different way to avoid these overpriced / bloated wage mercenaries....I just don't think he has the patience. Largely because we've already lost 5 years of the project. He doesn't seem like he wants to wait another 3 years and build from the bottom. 

the transfers this year will tell us more about the club than the managerial appointment (in my opinion any way).

Welcome, look forward to you joining in with the shite we all spout!

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

This is spot on for me.

I’m more concerned about getting players like Gylfi and Bernard out the door and replacing them with young, hungry players (with pace, strength and stamina); if I see this and sense a real project led by Brands then I’ll be feeling really positive and optimistic. If the first thing he does is bring in players like Coady and Ayoze Perez - average , over-priced players who will leave on a free in 4 years as they seek one last pay day, then I’d be livid. I’m not actually bothered who the manager is anymore as long as we get the squad sorted as whoever it is will only be here long-term if they do well; fail to do so and we’ll be having these conversations again in 12-18months.

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

Hey everyone. First time poster (long time reader). I have to say I love checking in on the different opinions and debates (Lukaku was Cant put down material) but I thought the it was time to contribute. 

I'm English but been living in Philippines for the past 8 years. Bear with me while to get to grips with how the site works etc.

like many I'm not enamoured with this whole Benitez situation but I'm also concerned about Moshri: we def need to build the squad in a different way to avoid these overpriced / bloated wage mercenaries....I just don't think he has the patience. Largely because we've already lost 5 years of the project. He doesn't seem like he wants to wait another 3 years and build from the bottom. 

the transfers this year will tell us more about the club than the managerial appointment (in my opinion any way).

This is another worry - I'm pretty terrified at about what our transfer business will be this summer. My first one is that we won't spend much at all and he'll have basically the same squad and couple that with his dire football anyway and it'll be worse than Ancelotti because fans are already against him and then it'll just get worse and worse. My second worry is that he doesn't work well when others are calling the transfer shots - that's part of the reason it went sour at Newcastle. So if we do spend we could have another case of too many cooks spoiling the broth and then we have a bit of a Frankenstein squad again.

The transfer business we do this summer is going to be 'interesting'.

All I care about the next manager is that he takes us forward. That’s all that matters and all he should be judged by in the job. 

There have been plenty of players that have come across the park, Beardo, Ablett and loads more have been great for us. The fact he ‘bad mouthed’ us is irrelevant. I’d rather have another manager but there’s not much at there at the minute.  Step away from the emotion and he’s the least worst option. Everton fans should have more class than some are showing at the minute.

3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

First post more than eight years after you registered, that has to be a record!

Phillipines eh, you're not an airline pilot by any chance are you?:unsure:

3 minutes ago, Harv said:

For me it's not so much he's worked on the other side of the park. I just don't think he has a lot to offer our club.

He is or should be a very wealthy man looking for a semi-retirement plan that is close to home.

Steady on there he's two days younger than me!:shakingfist:

Seriously though he's only a few months older than Carlo was when he joined and nobody thought age was an issue with him.