IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Can't be sure it came from a blue. Maybe a warped troublemaker. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Sorry I tagged you MJB - can't get rid of quote post on phone 

Anyway.....  Are we 100% that this sign outside his house was an Everton fan?  Seriously.... Some LFC fans would hate this to happen and what a convenient way to tarnish our club?

I'm not saying our fabs are saints, far from it but the conclusion seems to be it was an Everton fan. 

Stop it. This is the exact thing we criticise RS fans for doing.

I thought the the "fuck Rafa" banners and graffiti were disgusting and unnecessary but that one outside Benitez's house is an absolute disgrace. It is one thing and completely unacceptable to threaten the man himself, but his poor wife and kids live there as well.

I hope those that did it are found and have the book thrown at them. They will have told someone and no doubt there is a video of them putting the banner in place and acting the big man.

There is just too much venom already about this appointment. I though 10days ago that Benitez just can't end up as Everton manager given such negative feedback coming from the fans, and it would have just fizzle out, but 10 days later he seem now in a stronger position to take over the roll. 

I think most of us agree that on the balance of probability this appointment is going to end in tears, and the chance of it working out are fairly slim. So begs the question of why go down the Benitez route - it's just baffling to me. I think most of us just don't want to be in the very same position in 12months time. 

It's really upsetting to see 'fans' do this (providing it wasn't a Kopite, which would not surprise me), but it's also sad to see the board still look to be pursuing a manager a substantial portion of the fan base strongly oppose. 

Personally, I don't care about Rafa's past and would have accepted him as our manager, but having seen this develop I really don't want to see the fallout to his appointment and would rather see the club pursue another option.

Every single day it seems the club seems to become more disjointed to the fans. 

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

Your not supporting the Manager your Supporting the club. I don't give 2 fooks whose in charge, I'll still support Everton.

problem is that in appointing a new manager you would hope to have a decent proportion of the fans at least being optimistic about the year to come. 

It seem some sick turn of fate that when we had Ancelotti in charge pretty much every fan was behind his appointment - but bar a few game at the beginning the fan couldn't get behind him and his team due to lockdown.

And if Bentitez comes in it seems a big proportion of the fans are less than excited about getting back in the ground to get behind him and the team. We are just one unlucky team 

- Worldie manager and player comes to the club - Fans can't get in to watch them

- Money bags owner comes in and wants to spend - FFP means we can't do a Chelsea or Man City,

- Get planning permission for a new stadium after god knows how long - now biggest ever shortage of building materials and labour means cost likely to near double.

4 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

IF they have decided on Rafa and IF they were not to go ahead it is bowing to mob rule and intimidation. Would set a precedent whenever any club was making an unpopular appointment.

Spurs decided against pursuing Gattuso just a few weeks ago after their fans campaigned for them to step away. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Your not supporting the Manager your Supporting the club. I don't give 2 fooks whose in charge, I'll still support Everton.

Very true Bill no matter who they get the true fans will still support the club yes there will be a lot of negativity if it’s Benitez, but I would be more surprised if anyone on here said that’s it I’m done with supporting Everton. 

From Chroicle article.

Sam Allardyce believes former Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez is 'exactly the same' as him when it comes to being a 'defensive-minded coach'.

There has been little love lost between the pair, who have exchanged numerous barbs over the years, and 

Something our fans have in common with Benitez then.

Just now, Gwlad all over said:

From Chroicle article.

Sam Allardyce believes former Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez is 'exactly the same' as him when it comes to being a 'defensive-minded coach'.

There has been little love lost between the pair, who have exchanged numerous barbs over the years, and 

Well it he’s exactly the same as Sam there should be no problems! Being compared to someone who is universally loved by our fan base is nothing but a compliment!

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

Is getting fan opinions on Brantley Moore also mob rule then?

Unfortunately clubs don't formally ask the fans about who they want as manager or player for that matter! ideas for the stadium was a totally different ball game.

4 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

From Chroicle article.

The worst insult Sam can come up with that Rafa's just like him😂. Even he acknowledges he's shite.

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

There is just too much venom already about this appointment. I though 10days ago that Benitez just can't end up as Everton manager given such negative feedback coming from the fans, and it would have just fizzle out, but 10 days later he seem now in a stronger position to take over the roll. 

I think most of us agree that on the balance of probability this appointment is going to end in tears, and the chance of it working out are fairly slim. So begs the question of why go down the Benitez route - it's just baffling to me. I think most of us just don't want to be in the very same position in 12months time

It would be six months' time.

I live just down the road from Rafa, house isn’t quite the same size or value though. It’s a despicable action by whoever put the banner up, a complete mindless moron who may tarr real fans by association. 
To confirm they are total knobheads, local BBC radio have reported that the banner was not placed on Rafas house causing upset to the homeowners, I hope they are caught and dealt with by the police.

I am now pretty much becoming resigned to the fact that Benitez is most likely going to become Everton manager. So like pretty much all on here - if he does become manager I will be 100% behind him and wish him all the best and look for the positives.

So I have had a bit of a scour around to see what we might be getting, and came across an interesting articles from a couple of years ago that maybe Benitez really will come and want to buy in to what Everton football club ourselves are aiming for. If Benitez truly has his roots now firmly in Merseyside, if he can do enough to get past the first 12 months and get the fans onside, then maybe something positive could happen with him. Maybe his philosophy is more aligned with Brands than we give the club credit for. His enthusiasm for youth development would suggest a much better fit with Brands than Ancelotti was. 

If he did come I would like nothing better than Moshiri (and anybody else behind the appointment) being right and me (and the rest of us) being wrong and the club move forward under our next manager.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/11/rafa-benitez-sets-out-blueprint-for-growing-a-club-it-could-should-have-been-newcastle-united/

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/03/14/youth-movement-first-team-manager-rafa-benitez-plans-newcastle-united-academy-overhaul

https://footballwhispers.com/blog/benitez-right-substance-over-style/

we might not play the most attractive football next season  - but it might be effective and the club might move in the right direction. We played shit football last season, didn't win the games we where supposed too and still gave Ancelotti our backing.

Maybe it will turn out to be an inspired uninspiring appointment! 

Here's a thought...taking into account people's reaction to THAT banner, what if it was inside job as part of the PR machine? People are now like 'Poor Rafa, out of order that, get behind him guys....'

I know. Its a mad idea because it doesn't feel like anyone at our club would have the nous to come up with that.

Been at work all day and just o it catching up. I feel ashamed.

Its not representative of us Blues at all, but I do feel we are a family…. And can’t help but feel down and ashamed of that behaviour.

What it has done is make me 100% that if I can be there on day one, Rafa will have my support. I will make sure he walks into Goodson and his spine tingles with the reception he receives. 
There is a way to deal with these idiots, stand up against them.

You DONT speak for us.

5 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Here's a thought...taking into account people's reaction to THAT banner, what if it was inside job as part of the PR machine? People are now like 'Poor Rafa, out of order that, get behind him guys....'

I know. Its a mad idea because it doesn't feel like anyone at our club would have the nous to come up with that.

I would like to think that no one with anything to do with our club would even consider that mate. 

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Sorry Newty mate, but its not, every club has a few assholes, and whoever put that banner up are sadly calling themselves Evertonians, even though they disgrace the club and its fans with actions like that.

I know its hard but we cant support these idiots by giving them cover like saying the board did it, you might as well say aliens did it.

I dont want him here, but if he is our manager I will support him and the team and the club, if / when he fails I will call for his sacking. We have to give him a chance, we have to. If we don;t it will affect our chance to sign players, team morale and our reputation, a split club is only going in one direction and thats backwards.. 

9 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Too cynical Newty mate; this is Everton, not the Conservative party.

26 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

It is possible to be against that banner and also still be against the appointment of Benitez. The two things are entirely separate. He doesn't become a decent manager simply because of an idiot's actions.

It is yes. And your right.

But idiots like that make me feel the need to show him a proper fan and get behind him if he is at our helm.

Still don’t really want him, but will back him until he has had a chance.