IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

45 minutes ago, MikeO said:

First post more than eight years after you registered, that has to be a record!

Phillipines eh, you're not an airline pilot by any chance are you?:unsure:

LOL..I didn't realize it was that long....no not a pilot...though not sure of the connection. I'm in the banking industry. 

5 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

LOL..I didn't realize it was that long....no not a pilot...though not sure of the connection. I'm in the banking industry. 

Sorry bit of an "in-joke". We had a member some years ago who was a pilot, his wife was from the Philippines and he had a house there. Didn't leave on the best of terms, was actually threatening to take legal action against some members in the end, was one of the more surreal exchanges on here.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Sorry bit of an "in-joke". We had a member some years ago who was a pilot, his wife was from the Philippines and he had a house there. Didn't leave on the best of terms, was actually threatening to take legal action against some members in the end, was one of the more surreal exchanges on here.

And let us know it!!

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I like the fact that Rafa can deal with people.  Takes no shit.  We need someone like that with this squad.

I expect him to have the players ultra fit.

If he's hired then so be it.  I'm not gonna waste my energy on being negative about him unless his management of our team demands it. 

My main concern is that he can’t deal with people, he is a notoriously bad man manager and has a history of clashing with the owners but yeah maybe it could act as a rocket up the arse for some of our players, he will certainly rock the boat

48 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

My main concern is that he can’t deal with people, he is a notoriously bad man manager and has a history of clashing with the owners but yeah maybe it could act as a rocket up the arse for some of our players, he will certainly rock the boat

Andros Townsend said he rated him in that regard... Was on talksport talking about his time at Newcastle. 

For me he's got loads going against him which could really spark him .... It's down the road from where he lives.  It's all set up for him in that regard 

31 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Andros Townsend said he rated him in that regard... Was on talksport talking about his time at Newcastle. 

For me he's got loads going against him which could really spark him .... It's down the road from where he lives.  It's all set up for him in that regard 

I'm not sure Andros Townsend should ever be used as an argument. For anything football related at least. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I'm not sure Andros Townsend should ever be used as an argument. For anything football related at least. 

He played under him ... Given that he's not shy of issuing criticism he was very positive.   I actually rate Townsend... On talksport he's very good. 

37 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Reading all the responses on here, taking on board all the pros and cons, I've tried to be open minded.

But I've got to be honest..I'll be fuckin gutted if its Benitez. I said why a few weeks ago. The redshite connection is there but ultimately I've never liked how the man comes across, he's a yesterday man and is problematic.

I just feel real flat about the prospect of Benitez. As you guys (maybe) know me from the last number of years, every appointment (except Fat Sam) I've been positive and excited about. Maybe it's a reality check of where we are now under Moshiri. Can't really explain it, deflated I guess. Usually excited for each upcoming season, at the moment it feels a bit of an empty glass.

Very weird to be feeling this way.

Just to add some fuel to your fire, remember this? 😂

Do I want Rafa? No. Even interviewing him seems to validate his words about us, let alone appointing him. But do I care enough to let it bother me if and when he's appointed and pre-season/summer transfers begin? Also no. It's Everton, fuck it, whoever said it would be something other than a weird rollercoster ride? I'll still enjoy it. Just get him announced on Monday if it's him.  

39 minutes ago, StevO said:

Just to add some fuel to your fire, remember this? 😂

🙈🙉 Fuck sake. I've been thinking back the last few days of why I just never took to him. Yep, stuff like this. I said the other week I grew a bit more respect for him when he stayed at Newcastle to get them back up. That deserves a bit of respect. But overall, I dunno, he just grinds at me (and not in a fun man love kinda way).

59 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

🙈🙉 Fuck sake. I've been thinking back the last few days of why I just never took to him. Yep, stuff like this. I said the other week I grew a bit more respect for him when he stayed at Newcastle to get them back up. That deserves a bit of respect. But overall, I dunno, he just grinds at me (and not in a fun man love kinda way).

After I watched that clip again I was thinking about the small club comments. But in that clip he seems like he’s got a chip on his shoulder about United being bigger than them. Anyway, hope them few minutes made your day worse Newty. 😂

If it is Raffa then, I will be disappointed when there are a couple of other managers I want before him.

Having said that I am an Everton fan and I will support him and the team, I hope he proves me and 50% of Everton fans wrong and is a success. If he is Moshiri's choice then he will be backed in the transfer market, and he has a track record of working with big teams and being somewhat successful. 

It will need the mother and father of all PR campaigns to get him accepted by the majority of the fans, so I look forward to watching that.

And at least we have our new stadium to look forward to. 

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He would appear to be the exception to the rule. Stephen Warnock was interviewed on Sky and he criticised his man management. He had a big fall out with Xabi Alonso because he wouldn’t allow him to be at his wife’s bedside for his kids berth then tried to bomb him out of Liverpool. He had a fall out with James Rodriguez at Real because he refused to come back early for preseason training after playing in the Copa America and dropped. Stephen Gerrard has also commented on his frostiness and said he has never had any connection with him in his book

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He would appear to be the exception to the rule. Stephen Warnock was interviewed on Sky and he criticised his man management. He had a big fall out with Xabi Alonso because he wouldn’t allow him to be at his wife’s bedside for his kids berth then tried to bomb him out of Liverpool. He had a fall out with James Rodriguez at Real because he refused to come back early for preseason training after playing in the Copa America and dropped. Stephen Gerrard has also commented on his frostiness and said he has never had any connection with him in his book

He also had a fall out with his number 2 at Liverpool (Paco something).