IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Its just a bit odd, I mean there is so much being said about it being him I don't doubt he is the next manager and I am now genuinely excited for him to start. I just want our new manager in so we we can start prep for next season asap, this includes assessing our current squad and making signings.

Its such a cliché but this is such an important transfer window and pre-season for us  we cant waste time. 

That and I'm bored. 

Completely agree mate. I’m bored of it too now. Want him just in and done so we can get on with it. I think we would all feel better if we saw a couple of signings follow him in the door too. 
That said, I’m really not sure what the restrictions are from Portugal (or anywhere) anymore. That’s me assuming he’s in Portugal anyway. 

Im also bored. 😂

30 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Its just a bit odd, I mean there is so much being said about it being him I don't doubt he is the next manager and I am now genuinely excited for him to start. I just want our new manager in so we we can start prep for next season asap, this includes assessing our current squad and making signings.

Its such a cliché but this is such an important transfer window and pre-season for us  we cant waste time. 

That and I'm bored. 

Concurrent Euros and Copa America not keeping you entertained? Absolute feast of football

8 hours ago, London Blue said:

That and I'm bored. 

What’s the rush? The players aren’t back until next month and I’m sure transfers will have already been discussed and the transfer window doesn’t open until July 1st anyway

Fonseca has been a done deal at Spurs for days now and also not officially announced yet, these things take time especially agreeing wages / contracts for all of his entourage 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

This is Taking too long, must be holing us to ransom.  Let's move on.

32 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s a bit worrying. If it takes him this long to decide….. imagine making substitute decisions when things aren’t going well!!!!!

Why is it automatically from Nuno’s side who’s holding it up?

Could just as easily be EFC delaying it or maybe the deal wasn’t as far down the road as the always reliable press had reported.

41 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Why is it automatically from Nuno’s side who’s holding it up?

Could just as easily be EFC delaying it or maybe the deal wasn’t as far down the road as the always reliable press had reported.

It was meant to be a joke haha. You know me… not very good at this humour thing 😉

Think I read somewhere it should be done Wednesday. The sooner the better we really need to start the process of bringing players in.

Wonder if Mendes has been in touch with Farhad about his available players already. He's got a few we could be interested in on his list.

His players include André Silva, Guedes, Renato Sanchez, Ruben Neves (who should leave Wolves this window), Pedro Neto. Di Maria has one year left of his contract, or maybe a loan move for Trincäo from Barcelona would be on the cards?

Maybe ..... he's already confirmed? Maybe they are doing some sort of extensive "ducks in line" exercise with targets etc.

He may have a few "must have" players identified and we are securing them.  Dunno if there would be any advantage in that.... Just throwing bit out there. 

2 hours ago, patto said:

Yeah I just think Nuno's agent will fleece is Duncan knows all the problems here and I just think Potter is ready to step up and be a very good manager we need Duncan to be a proper assistant now not just a board carrier it might sound great these Portuguese players being bandied about but I feel Nuno has already failed at Wolves.

I agree, I would like Potter, I think he is a great young manager ready to step up with us  pep rates him and he will give his all with us.

3 hours ago, patto said:

Yeah I just think Nuno's agent will fleece is Duncan knows all the problems here and I just think Potter is ready to step up and be a very good manager we need Duncan to be a proper assistant now not just a board carrier it might sound great these Portuguese players being bandied about but I feel Nuno has already failed at Wolves.

I think it’s hard to say Nuno failed at Wolves. He got them out of the championship, followed by two top seven finishes. He’s had one poor season there. 

3 hours ago, patto said:

I don't want him here, but that's just untrue. If anything he did the opposite.

1 minute ago, StevO said:

I think it’s hard to say Nuno failed at Wolves. He got them out of the championship, followed by two top seven finishes. He’s had one poor season there. 

Yeah, by the same logic Pochettino failed at Tottenham. Gone are the days, when good managers could easily last a decade at one club. Clubs are not hesitating to chop anyone's head after poor season, which is inevitable. No club can be successful season after season without dip in form at some point down the road. I don't want Nuno either, but will support him if he's being chosen.