IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

It is far too early to be making any sort of sack the manager noises. Two games in and not all the transfer purchased compleated or match fit yet. When Dyche was appointed last season, I was convinced he was walking in to a club doomed to relegation - we stayed up. He succceded last season at a club with a very toxic enviroment. 

There is definatly more to come this transfer window, and the team taking to the pitch yesterday (and even more so with forced changes) is not what we are going to be seeing in a month or so's time. We also have to remember this is Dyche's first transfer window, and we have not even finished it. Never mind had and real chance of intergrating the players in to it yet. Like Dyche or not, it would be foolish to even think about changing the manager this early in the season. 

I have always thought the first month of a season can be hit and miss results and performance wise (for all sort of teams, from reiging champions to recently promoted). Can sometimes be end Sept-early Oct when things start slotting in to place and premier league teams find their real rhythem. Its around 10-12 games when the league table only starts to 'take shape'.

We all expect this season to be perhaps in the bottom half, but out of the relegation zone. lets see how we look in 15-18 games time. If still sitting in the bottom at this time, then some more pressing questions might be deemed to be needed, but swapping managers in and out to now has only lead to a painful general downward spiral. 

I agree. It's plain as day who's to blame for that shambles at the weekend.

We've got a fair few out injured and hopefully a couple, including a striker and at least one CB coming in.

But it's the players who need to put the excuses to bed and start getting their act together. Too many managers have come and gone for sack the manager shouts.

Why does he hate making subs?  Why does he play some players out of position? Why does he never drop folks regardless how poor they are?  Starting to sound similar to the questions that were asked of previous managers.  This is the kind of stubbornness that gets folks fired.

Understand the bench is terrible shouts or someone is young and unexperienced shouts or the you need to develop partnerships shouts but when your supposedly better options are getting absolutely battered, often, maybe, just maybe it is worth tinkering?  I think so.  We need healthy competition for places and need to create pathways into the team.  We have been so terrible at this for a very long time.  You do not want to create a culture in the dressing room that if you do not play the full 90 then something is very wrong.  We have 5 subs now and should be utilizing them.  Unless you are putting in a 10 out of 10 performance you should always be subject to subbing, whether it's legs, or tactical, or just getting someone else minutes who needs them.  You are only as good as your team.  If players are not down with this, then freeze them out.  We have so many players running their contract down and leaving for free.  Might as well freeze them out sooner and if their value is going down because of it maybe they will move on and we will get peanuts vs nothing.  No one is bigger than the team and also NSNO.

Also why did we move on from the 4-5-1?

At this point I am just ranting... Nothing is ever easy with Everton.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If he continues to play Keane then he will be open to getting shouts to go.

the stats are overwhelming in the fact that Keane negatively impacts us. 

I didn't want to be the one starting these shouts but I am just over it. We have seen this for the last 5 years or so with Keane. Branthwaite needs to start v Wolves.

6 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I've lost a lot of love for Everton because our fans are fucking morons. Calls to sack yet another manager, I just can't be arsed. The whole reason I wanted Lampard to stay was because I couldn't be arsed with this groundhog, sacking managers every 12 seconds shite. Add into the mix that the radio are reporting that there's been abuse aimed at DCL and racial hate toward Onana, the modern day Evertonian is something that I just don't want to be associated with.

On Dyche, he will get sacked too, as we're absolutely terrible. I think he'll go as early as November.

We have genuine discussions here and yes players are criticised but the online hate and abuse towards players on twatter/X is cowardly and totally unforgiveable. If Dyche is fired I will question whether I can be bothered to try to schedule my life round TV games, radio commentary and managing to go to the odd match. Genuine fans' loyalty to the club is abused, we do't seem t matter.

When you look at the number of managers sacked in the Premier league over this past two full seaons, on average the odds of a manager now making it though more than 12 months are less than evens.  More chance of being sacked than getting more than 12months. 

If you throw in to the mix that a higher proportion are for teams in the bottom half of the table, any bottom half club who doesn't sack a manager has actually done very well.

A manager has to now get 'lucky' to keep a job. So to keep his job Dyche needs to be lucky - either with DCL get back properly or the club bring in another striker than can put a dozon or so chances away this season, and it has to realistically happening over the next 8-10 games!!! 

around 15 - 20 games seem to be considered patience nowerdays! Ridiculus really, but that's the modern game.  

58 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

When you look at the number of managers sacked in the Premier league over this past two full seaons, on average the odds of a manager now making it though more than 12 months are less than evens.  More chance of being sacked than getting more than 12months. 

If you throw in to the mix that a higher proportion are for teams in the bottom half of the table, any bottom half club who doesn't sack a manager has actually done very well.

A manager has to now get 'lucky' to keep a job. So to keep his job Dyche needs to be lucky - either with DCL get back properly or the club bring in another striker than can put a dozon or so chances away this season, and it has to realistically happening over the next 8-10 games!!! 

around 15 - 20 games seem to be considered patience nowerdays! Ridiculus really, but that's the modern game.  

It’s a performance related industry with high expectations and demands, and the cost of failure is too great for clubs bare. As for ourselves it would be very much touch and go if we could seriously survive relegation. If we find ourselves in the same position as we did when Lampard was shown door, should Dyche get the same treatment or not, that’s a tough decision someone may have to make this season. The normal thing would be to sack the manager in the hope that a change of management will give us a change of fortune, and if you stick with the manager and go down then you face the accusation of your fault for doing nothing. A really tough industry the PL yet a rewarding industry financially for those teams who aren’t constantly fighting for survival in it. 

3 hours ago, badaids said:

Doesn’t matter who is our manager as long as the buffoons in charge remain and the club is poorly run. Sacking Dyche will just be papering over chasms.

There is also the fact that the pool of managers we would want at the club but who would be willing to come is vastly shrinking. Its really is not the greatest of gigs at the moment.

Another being chewed up and spat out by the club only makes our reputation worst. 

In all honesty, all Dyche has to do is ensure we are not directly in the relegation mix come December/January and he'll be safe as can be.

If he can get us to finish 15th...safe.

Year after that, a couple of places higher...safe.

The key for him will be to keep the angry crowd on side. Lampard did this really well and, in all honesty, was afforded more time than anyone else because there was a will for him to do better.

Dyche can have it easier from us than any manger in the last 8 or so years as our expectations have been realigned.

1 minute ago, StevO said:

TalkSPORT yesterday having chats about the fans turning on Dyche, and asking bookies where he is in the betting to be sacked first. 
Clickbait for my ears. 

To be fair Twitter (I know it's full of idiots) has been turning on Dyche already. I think with how bad we are, sacking him is probably closer than any sane person would think.

It is madness borne of frustration, especially after creating so much against Fulham but not scoring, to having DCL back, only to lose him to injury and create not much at all and get played off the park. Not to mention the shit show that is our management, and the lack of key transfer targets signed.

Dyche makes mistakes don't get me wrong, should not of played Keane, should have played Branthwaite instead, should not of player Garner on the wing, but he has been hampered by injuries and lack of transfers.

Dyche needs a win, so do Everton, if we don't then he may be the scapegoat the board uses to try to cover their failures re investment.

6 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

To be fair Twitter (I know it's full of idiots) has been turning on Dyche already. I think with how bad we are, sacking him is probably closer than any sane person would think.

Upper Glwyds also was after 25 mins against Fulham. Its only a handful of fans but it was embarrassing (and disgusting in some cases)

Just now, Newty82 said:

I think he gets an unfair amount of stick by a section of our fans.

If I'm honest, there's an element of snobbery at play 🤷‍♂️.

Don’t think it’s snobbery at all. Just want to see what his blueprint is, he doesn’t help himself with his favourites and stubbornness 

It feels like every manager, ever, is said to have his favourites and is stubborn... almost like they're perfectly normal traits for a manager to have.

I think it's a normal thing for anyone to have certain players that they feel they can rely on and will put more trust into picking them. I think it's just a human thing tbh.