IGNORED

January Transfer Window

Dembele, Werner, Dolberg; that's the standard of striker needed. I know there are many variables that stand in the way of acquisitions like that but we're gonna have to pay up. It's proper punishment for not figuring things out in the summer. Calvert- Lewin has a bright future, but he could use a break. 

I'm sure Steve Walsh has a magnifying glass on him at the moment. Hopefully he performs his job with the enthusiasm of someone who wants to stay employed after the holidays. 

9 hours ago, nutmegwolf203 said:

Dembele, Werner, Dolberg; that's the standard of striker needed. I know there are many variables that stand in the way of acquisitions like that but we're gonna have to pay up. It's proper punishment for not figuring things out in the summer. Calvert- Lewin has a bright future, but he could use a break. 

I'm sure Steve Walsh has a magnifying glass on him at the moment. Hopefully he performs his job with the enthusiasm of someone who wants to stay employed after the holidays. 

You sure you want to put Werner into the same company with the other two? Dolberg has managed all of three goals in Eredivision this season. Dembele plays in a shite league. Werner, meanwhile, has 8 in 14 in Bundesliga. But we have less chance of getting him than Aubameyang.

7 hours ago, Makis said:

You sure you want to put Werner into the same company with the other two? Dolberg has managed all of three goals in Eredivision this season. Dembele plays in a shite league. Werner, meanwhile, has 8 in 14 in Bundesliga. But we have less chance of getting him than Aubameyang.

We need a striker who understands what the pressure to succeed feels like. Someone who wants it bad enough. Despite their recent records I think they have the types of attributes that Everton could use right now, whether or not it turns out to be them. They're still thought of as the marquee players in their leagues; maybe that's more to the point I'm trying to make here.

41 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I want us to strengthen the team but not too many, how many of us were critical that we had brought in too many in the last window and the issues it caused.

LB and proven striker should be enough with the returning injured players for me.

Yep. We need to learn our lessons. Quickly.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Not really been that impressed with him today. He isn'tt as quick as I thought either. 

Zaha on the other hand was superb. He is becoming a great player.

Gave us a torrid time and has been excellent today. He's come on leaps and bounds from that pacey kid that signed for United. 

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Demarai Gray please. We need a proper left winger.

We have better than him in the team already. Be a bit of a waste of money in a position that’s already overflowing.

Lookman,Vlasic, Lennon, Mirralas, Bolasie.

Would rather us get a real general in the middle.

30 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

We're targeting LB and ST...rightly so. But who needs to go?

Sandro Mirallas McCarthy Niasse Klaassen Besic Stek 

For me Mirallas and Stek should be gone. Sandro sold or loan. Klaassen loan. Keep McCarthy Besic and Niasse.

Personally would love to see Williams and Schneiderlin go but I'm not pretending it will happen.

Keep 3 senior keepers. You run a risk that some 18 year old will be between the sticks at some point if not.

Bolded players need to go.

McCarthy has shown no ability to stay fit over the past few years and is a waste of a roster space unless his fitness improves. He is good enough though.

Besic isn'tt good enough. 

Mirallas had some amazing moments his first few years here, albeit inconsistently. His time here has come and gone though. 

I can't see many coming in. maybe LB cover and a striker if someone suitable is available, from his interview after last nights game he certainly wasn't suggesting buying for the sake of it, and hinted the players coming back from injury,Coleman Barkley baines bolassie mori etc would all be like new signings and if anything there would be departures possibly loans out for the younger foreign players sandro klassen etc

19 minutes ago, captainbeaker said:

I can't see many coming in. maybe LB cover and a striker if someone suitable is available, from his interview after last nights game he certainly wasn't suggesting buying for the sake of it, and hinted the players coming back from injury,Coleman Barkley baines bolassie mori etc would all be like new signings and if anything there would be departures possibly loans out for the younger foreign players sandro klassen etc

mori is out for the year, he's not coming back.

If anything, more will go than will come.

Allardyce has repeatedly refered to the size of the senior squad plus the U23's trying to get more game time.

Get rid of anyone who is blocking the path of a good youngster. McCarthy and Besic are. Mirrallas is.

I don't think Allardyce is wanting to force any moves but he's been around long enough to know that there will be players who want to go.

27 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

If anything, more will go than will come.

Allardyce has repeatedly refered to the size of the senior squad plus the U23's trying to get more game time.

Get rid of anyone who is blocking the path of a good youngster. McCarthy and Besic are. Mirrallas is.

I don't think Allardyce is wanting to force any moves but he's been around long enough to know that there will be players who want to go.

he also said he would ask if anyone wanted to leave and let them be sold, i could davy, sandro, morgan, mirallas possibly taking him up on that.