IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

You said it yourself there Aiden.

"With consistent game time"

"I'd hate for any of those to be dropped"

Can't have one without the other.

I suppose he can only get consistent game time if someone gets an injury for a month or two.

In addition, next season were back in 2 cup runs and fingers crossed the Europa League. He could be a great rotation player and hopefully push for a starting place. But of healthy competition.

Look forward to Besic coming back. A real solid centre mid.

I think Koeman has a place in his sides for players like Besic, McCarthy, Davies, Gana etc. He likes these sort of high energy, no bullshit, run through brick walls types in the middle.

You see the same 'negatives' thrown at these sort of players...too many side way passes, lose the ball in wrong positions, don't create etc etc.

They ain't meant to be the creators! Their role comes with a bit of risk when working the ball out from the back.

They are the work horses. They do the less eye catching, less sexy work that doesn't get played on constant replays...the tracking back, the high pressing, the tackles, interceptions, blocks.

Valuable players.

I get that Newty. The issue with Besic isn't that he doesn't create. Its when he tries to. He can't do it for shit, ends up giving the ball away, then loses position when he goes chasing the ball back and leaves a hole in midfield.

Yeah he works hard, no problem with that, running through a brick wall and all that, great. I want quality in our team, players who will improve us. Players who will start to make the differences away at Anfield and Old Trafford. Not a player who can come in and do a job when one of our other players isn't available.

I'll say one thing, when he leaves Everton he won't be going to a bigger club. No club better than Everton would want him.

I get that Newty. The issue with Besic isn't that he doesn't create. Its when he tries to. He can't do it for shit, ends up giving the ball away, then loses position when he goes chasing the ball back and leaves a hole in midfield.

Yeah he works hard, no problem with that, running through a brick wall and all that, great. I want quality in our team, players who will improve us. Players who will start to make the differences away at Anfield and Old Trafford. Not a player who can come in and do a job when one of our other players isn't available.

I'll say one thing, when he leaves Everton he won't be going to a bigger club. No club better than Everton would want him.

not sure if you watched him with the u23 the other day but it was through ball after through ball schneiderlin esque.

Mark the day a judge a first team player on how he does in the U23 team against kids is a day I'll stop listening to my own judgement.

Also, I once scored a volley from about 30 yards. It didn't make me Paul Scholes.

Edited by StevO

There are a lot of questions around Besic, because he hasn't had the opportunity for a solid run in the first team. I can see both sides of the argument... he works hard, tries to make things work, and is decent at chasing players down; however, he's very raw and lacks the experience needed to be a certain starter. The potential is there for sure though.

Mark the day a judge a first team player on how he does in the U23 team against kids is a day I'll stop listening to my own judgement.

Also, I once scored a volley from about 30 yards. It didn't make me Paul Scholes.

Steve, I was playing centre forward. Stood on the centre line when our goalie took a goal kick. I had noticed that their goalie was stood near to the edge of the penalty area. The ball bounced once and I just hit it towards the goal on the volley, it went into the net just six inches under the bar....................the ref gave me offside! It didn't make me Niasse. :D

People see the same players differently.

I loved it when he played as o thought he made a difference in our flat boring team.

He linked our defence and forward up. I also remember him having a few good efforts on goal and again, I was pleasantly surprised.

But others remember him for not being creative.

This is why we need to see him have a run of games so we can judge him fairly.

Besic will get some game time this season and I genuinely believe he is a Koeman type player, a no-nonsense, high energy, with good passing and technique. Hopefully we will have lots of extra games next season so will need Besic and others in our squad. If he can stay injury free he will be an important squad player for us.

Besic will get some game time this season and I genuinely believe he is a Koeman type player, a no-nonsense, high energy, with good passing and technique. Hopefully we will have lots of extra games next season so will need Besic and others in our squad. If he can stay injury free he will be an important squad player for us.

This for me.

• 1 month later...

This is the man who shut down Messi in the WC and people want rid :huh:?

Astonishing; he's been injury-prone for sure thus far but deserves a go.

im a big fan of his but to quote 1 game is silly

That's said, I firmly believe he deserves a chance and is exactly the player RK wants

Mo is a Koeman player and i expect Koeman will like his work rate and attitude. Very much doubt he will go before he's had time to impress.

The lad will win as many balls as Gana, I shit you not.

And do more with it when he's won it, I shit you not

This is the man who shut down Messi in the WC and people want rid :huh:?

Astonishing; he's been injury-prone for sure thus far but deserves a go.

If we could leave him to man mark every game he would be worth because he can chase them like a headless chicken. Put him in a system and he still runs round like one.

Mo is a Koeman player and i expect Koeman will like his work rate and attitude. Very much doubt he will go before he's had time to impress.

The lad will win as many balls as Gana, I shit you not.

He will win as many balls but probably give away as many as he wins.

I'm not too sure how much is a Koeman player. He is compared to Gana, and whilst Koeman obviously likes him he has repeatedly pointed out in press conferences about his positioning. In my opinion Besic is (or at least was) far more wayward than Gana.

As long as he is happy for a spot on the bench he is worthing keeping around considering the games we will hopefully have next season.

Best player in the world that didn't play well all tournament even when he wasn't being man marked.

Tracking just one man around the pitch and having nothing else to worry about is far easier than analysing and responding to various situations as you would get in a system.