IGNORED

Richarlison

1 hour ago, patto said:

Still doesn’t make him worth twice as much as Richie and 400,000 a week it’s silly money 

and by the way I do think he’s a good player 

this sort of deal makes it even more imperative that FFP is scrapped the top teams are going further and further away from us. 

It is all silly money. But if a team is willing to pay that much then effectively he is 'worth that' - whether it value or not is another debate. If a club is willing to pay £160M for Kane and another team is only willing to pay  £70M for Richy - then Kane IS worth more than twice what Richy .

Kane's 20-30 goals a season might make the difference to winning the Premiership/CL or not, getting CL football or not. Richy is not that player (he might be one day, but might not -  a lot of players 'might' be)

It could also easily be argued that Kane gets roughly twice the goals and assists than Richy gets does - so is twice as effective as an offensive player. 

Richy's good, but he's not that good. I can't see anybody parting with £70M never minds upwards.

Scarcity drives competition and drives prices.  If the very top elite level players are all off the table (because they've re-signed, just been traded, on a 5 year deal etc) and if big teams still need a few players then the value of the players in the next bracket jump. 

For me Richy is probably in that "next bracket".  He shouldn't be worth 70m in the market (based on goal/assist contributions) but if the right things fall into place he could become the best player available in the market for a period and his value could sky rocket.

Anyway, I mostly suspect we've put that number on his head to dissuade interest this summer.  He won't even be back until very late and we can't then be in a position of haggling with some late interest.  We're setting out an unrealistic number early and hopefully making it clear to anyone with even a passing interest that it's early or never this summer.

25 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Scarcity drives competition and drives prices.  If the very top elite level players are all off the table (because they've re-signed, just been traded, on a 5 year deal etc) and if big teams still need a few players then the value of the players in the next bracket jump. 

For me Richy is probably in that "next bracket".  He shouldn't be worth 70m in the market (based on goal/assist contributions) but if the right things fall into place he could become the best player available in the market for a period and his value could sky rocket.

Anyway, I mostly suspect we've put that number on his head to dissuade interest this summer.  He won't even be back until very late and we can't then be in a position of haggling with some late interest.  We're setting out an unrealistic number early and hopefully making it clear to anyone with even a passing interest that it's early or never this summer.

I think the club might be quite happy to sell at a half decent price this summer if a good offer came in. Think he was always bought as somebody who we would hope would go up in value with a have decent resale value, we then sell and use funds to buy the likes of Baily/McNeil etc, and so on until the club have the pulling power and success and financial clout to keep hold of this type of player.

I think that is how it should work in theory. 

33 minutes ago, c1982 said:

There may be better at lower prices but we’d be getting our pants pulled down if we sold for £70m. He’s 24 scoring about 1 in 3, usually from the wing, in the most ‘competitive’ league and is a starter for Brazil. We need to play hardball with any team after Richarlison - there’s not many like him.

this all the way.  100m+, kane is 28, richarlison is 4 years younger and still improving.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

this all the way.  100m+, kane is 28, richarlison is 4 years younger and still improving.

Kane is light years ahead of him as a player at this point though. Richie also coming off a poor season by his standards. I think he’d have to have a season where he scored 15+goals from the wing to be near that price. 

28 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

£100M+!!! I don't believe there is any chance anybody is going to stump up that much for Richarlison. Not unless the market goes buserk or he has a much better and consistent season this year. 

32 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

£100M+!!! I don't believe there is any chance anybody is going to stump up that much for Richarlison. Not unless the market goes buserk or he has a much better and consistent season this year. 

It’s almost as if some bias exists in our player valuations. Other teams should be willing to pay a premium for our players while also giving us theirs on the cheap and taking the current members of our squad that we don’t want. 

20 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

It’s almost as if some bias exists in our player valuations. Other teams should be willing to pay a premium for our players while also giving us theirs on the cheap and taking the current members of our squad that we don’t want. 

Sounds good to me!

The problem is if a good offer comes in for him, say from Real Madrid, I am quite sure he will push the club for a move. 

I seem to remember last year it being about him giving us another year, but that year has passed. 

Don't get me wrong I like him, think he is a good player and want him at the club. But I am also aware that he could bring in a decent fee, and a pot of money to spend on hungry quality youngster might be as useful as a want away Richarlison.

If he does want to move and is tired after a busy summer, how do you get him firing to get you 15-20 easier said than done. 

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

We are only strapped financially because of FFP, so if we were to sell him we would be able to spend the money. The hard bit is convincing a top player to join the club. 

Exactly mate it’s one thing having the money it’s another trying to spend it wisely. He will ultimately make his own decision on whether he staying or going and if the latter he will force the move, we will have to be strong on the price. 

I think he's fantastic, although in the same breath can be one of our most frustrating players. His attitude can be petulant and I feel that was his biggest issue towards the end of the last campaign.

After his numbers last year I doubt anyone would take a gamble on him, hopefully he fires for us this season coming and we get a huge fee for him if he is wanting to leave.

On 01/08/2021 at 08:54, Romey 1878 said:

Into the final after beating Mexico in shoot-out after 0-0 draw, Richy played 120 mins and hit the post with about ten minutes left. He didn't take a pen but Brazil only needed to take four to win it so he may well have been scheduled to take the fifth.