IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was so happy watching him play tonight. I don't believe for a single second that his poor performances have been anything to do with a lack of effort or work ethic, or not caring, or any of that absolute bollocks. 

Tonight he was quality. That ball to put Digne in for our first goal was sublime and there aren't many other players in our team that could have done it. But even without that it was a quality performance from him - he anticipated so many dangerous situations and positioned himself perfectly to intercept the ball.

I want this Andre Gomes more please.

It's in his head, always has been.  Similar to Barkley, you know in the first 5 minutes how he's going to play.

Was quality last night.  He has proven it's nothing to do with injury, just need to get him like this for every game. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Another good performance from him tonight , is it just me or is he starting to look a lot stronger and fitter now ?

Staring to look more like the fella we had on loan from Barca

It’s not just you, he seems to finally feel settled again. He’s got just enough responsibility to be motivated without being overwhelmed when he’s got someone else doing the defensive part. He’s a starter in this form with Allan and Doucoure, means Davies, Siggy and eventually Gbamin will have to up their game. 

so long as he keeps this up of course...

10 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

To be honest I had pretty much given up on him, much like Davies and Siggy, but Carlo senna to be getting a bit of a tune out of all three

Probably one of Ancellottis biggest positives.  He's a better man than me cos I'd have launched a few players after last season.  Clearly knows how to get the most from his men. 

It was a good performance today. One issue I have with Gomes is that he does need to be chipping in with the occasional goal - as a central midfielder (and not a holding/defensive one) 2 or 3 a season in the league wouldn't go a miss. He has 1 goal in 68 league appearances. if he was more of a goal threat from around the edge of the area it would just give that opposition something else to think about when we are on the offensive. 

17 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Another good performance from him tonight , is it just me or is he starting to look a lot stronger and fitter now ?

Starting to look more like the fella we had on loan from Barca

Definitely. I still think he has holes in him as a footballer but there is s lot more aggression and intensity in his play now. 

• 4 months later...