IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

57 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I read yesterday that despite being told he wasn’t needed, he wanted to stay. £100k a week for doing nowt….. ffs 

I mean If he’s being asked to take a pay cut to leave I don’t really blame him for saying no. It’s his “fault” we don’t play him but I can’t really get on a player who has likely been told you won’t play and please leave for less money. 

42 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

sounds like it is just a loan to the end of the season. will be much better him playing football and hopefully doing well in a slower French league - as more likely to be able to sell him this time next year. 

Obviously some quality there. Just wasn’t the same after his injury. Fine margins with the pace and physicality of the Premier League.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Genuinely love the guy, and sad it hasn't worked out for him here. I wish him nothing but the best for the future.

I will remember the pre injury Gomes, the midfield maestro who made me cheer.

The man who took time to be involved and got us.

One of the biggest myths about is that he was great before the injury, he wasn’t.  He was superb the first few months on loan, one of the best I’ve seen. Then not long before we signed him his form dropped off a cliff, had occasional good games, ironically his first one back from injury against man United was very good.

wasnt arsed in the slightest when we were in a relegation battle, happy to take his money though. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

One of the biggest myths about is that he was great before the injury, he wasn’t.  He was superb the first few months on loan, one of the best I’ve seen. Then not long before we signed him his form dropped off a cliff, had occasional good games, ironically his first one back from injury against man United was very good.

wasnt arsed in the slightest when we were in a relegation battle, happy to take his money though

You don't know that, from all reports he trained well, caused no problems, and had some good games for us.

It just didn't work out, it happens.

As for taking his wages, that's what we agreed to pay him. I don't know anyone who gives their pay back if they do not perform  100%.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

You don't know that, from all reports he trained well, caused no problems, and had some good games for us.

It just didn't work out, it happens.

As for taking his wages, that's what we agreed to pay him. I don't know anyone who gives their pay back if they do not perform  100%.

He was kept out of squads when fit, he literally allowed palace players to jog past him and lampard left him out for weeks. He played the worst game ever in a must win vs Southampton and was dropped again and not included in the squad. 

The whole bollocks that sons injury was the downfall is nonsense, look at the posts going back to 2018, 2 pages of people like myself and other genuinely concerned that a talented player could look so shit.  Talented talented player but absolutely no guts or desire. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 20/02/2023 at 19:50, Romey 1878 said:

Be good if we can get a bit of money in for him in the summer.

It won't be much as he'll only have a year left on his contract but with us penny pinching it'll come in handy.

Even just to get rid of his wages mate.