IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

IF, and that’s a huge big fuck off if, he has got his mojo back he would walk into our team next season 

Although it’s more likely that he is excelling in France due to the slower pace of the game there

More likely he is performing well in a good team. I have no doubt that Lille are better side than us.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Rumours that Rafa wants him and Ceta Vigo have given him the green light. No idea what the terms would be, but if true that would be great to get 100k a week of the wage bill.

That said, he only played 50% of the games under Rafa (injured) and most of those were a sub.

More than likely be a loan and getting nowhere near 100K off the wage bill.

Be the same with Gbamin and we'll lose another one for nothing next summer.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Now here’s a fella who’s earned a real fortune from us.   If it wasn’t for that Son injury then some Evertonians would actually not use that as the excuse for him being shite for pretty much most of his time after his loan was made perm. 

You mean the career threatening injury that saw him out for over 100 days, that changed his ability to play in the premier league.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Now here’s a fella who’s earned a real fortune from us.   If it wasn’t for that Son injury then some Evertonians would actually not use that as the excuse for him being shite for pretty much most of his time after his loan was made perm. 

On 15/02/2020 at 11:05, Hafnia said:

I'm genuinely excited to see how Carlo has this lad playing......  think Kaka at AC Milan..... is there really a massive gulf of difference in ability?  Kaka was outstanding but I have seen Gomes play at levels where you could pass him off as kaka.  If Carlo can eradicate Andres tendancy to go missing etc them we have a rolls Royce. 

:otvwhistle:

17 minutes ago, London Blue said:

You mean the career threatening injury that saw him out for over 100 days, that changed his ability to play in the premier league.

No, the injury never changed his ability to play in the premier league he was massively up and down before the injury.   Ironically one of his best games was his return when he came on vs man United. 

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I said clearly a few times that some of his performances were a different level to anything we had seen before him including arteta. In his loan spell I was absolutely desperate to sign him.  Mega talented…. But what’s that mean when you can do a 10/10 performance vs West Ham and be 5/10 for the next 8 games? Hence my wording “shite most of his time”

like we were told about him, his issues were in his head which is why he struggled at Barca.   

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

On 02/01/2019 at 13:49, Hafnia said:

Not doubting his quality.... I'm concerned by his mentality. 

Same feeling I had about Barkley. 

On 05/01/2019 at 09:14, Hafnia said:

£22m? No brainer Based on how good he can be.

Just concerned by his recent games. 

On 05/01/2019 at 17:00, Hafnia said:

It seems many on here including myself have been quick to get excited over gomes

On 05/01/2019 at 20:39, Hafnia said:

I thought the same and still think ability wise he's another level..  I'm concerned the drop is not tiredness though. 

Been bitten before like this with schneiderlein and Barkley. 

On 19/01/2019 at 17:16, Hafnia said:

Not worth what's been quoted. Mentally flawed. Sad but true.  Hes like Barkley as I said weeks ago....  fuck all to do with tiredness.  That lot played 120 minutes midweek. 

On 20/01/2019 at 19:07, Hafnia said:

We could say this about Barkley....  Sadly some players just don't have the strong mindset to allow their talent to prosper. 

He just doesnt look anything like the player he can be. 

On 21/01/2019 at 11:51, Hafnia said:

Average?   I think a few fans are trying to gloss over how bad he actually is when he isn't playing well.... he literally can't pass the ball.  It's like watching a golfer with the yips or a dart thrower struggling to release the dart.

I haven't seen one of his shots threaten the goal yet. 

Yes ive seen him have 3 or 4 games where he looks like a rolls Royce... class. Sadly I've seen him resemble a robin reliant too. 

He mentioned that he struggled mentally at Barca. I thought a new team would do him good.   Sadly I think it's more deep rooted. 

On 27/01/2019 at 15:00, Hafnia said:

Sadly for me he is going to frustrate if we buy him.  Great on his day but is lacking the strength mentally. 

👌

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If only he could get back to this level in the Prem

He could, a load of nonsense has been spouted about the injury being the issue.   He had games like this all the time when on loan, just before the loan was made perm he dropped off.   

when a perm player he had occasional games like this, he even had one or two like this after his injury. 

he just can’t play consistently well. On his day he’s a rolls Royce but we would have got relegated if he wasn’t dropped.