IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He did something similar against Leeds as well. Deffo full of beans at the moment!

This is why I've compared him to Lukaku when he first arrived. Just complete self confidence, a proper character and bags of talent.ย 

Very exciting so far.ย 

Heโ€™s starting to bring to matchโ€™s the skills every other player and coach says he has in his locker they all say he is best in team so hopefully lots more to come. Lampardโ€™s unleashed the creative side in him by allowing him to play his own game, not brilliant management just an understanding as very good player himself what players like Iwobi need and itโ€™s not to be placed in shackles. ย 

• 2 weeks later...

As much as that? I was thinking maybe up to ยฃ45 -ยฃ50m. I was just wondering because before the transfer window it didn't look like the squad was worth a great deal. Now with the new purchases, the unbelivible change and rise of Iwobi, and the good showing from Mykolenko and Patterson, the value of the squad has noticibly risen.

His value? Based on his role I would say ยฃ80m at least. ย Thereโ€™s lots of players who are wide attacking players who could do a good job.ย 
ย 

heโ€™s playing as a number 8 and his numbers are up there with the best players. ย Itโ€™s absolutely crazy how we have gone from the most pedestrian midfield to the most energetic.

iwobi, Onana and Gana is some trio of legs and energy. Backed up by doucoure and garner. I hated watching ย gylfi, Gomes, Davies. Just pitiful

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

His value? Based on his role I would say ยฃ80m at least. ย Thereโ€™s lots of players who are wide attacking players who could do a good job.ย 
ย 

heโ€™s playing as a number 8 and his numbers are up there with the best players. ย Itโ€™s absolutely crazy how we have gone from the most pedestrian midfield to the most energetic.

iwobi, Onana and Gana is some trio of legs and energy. Backed up by doucoure and garner. I hated watching ย gylfi, Gomes, Davies. Just pitiful

Agree, I would say with our current state he is indispensable.ย 
ย 

I think Allan could still offer a bit as a fringe first teamer, especially with some energy and quality around him in the middle of the park.

23 minutes ago, Btay said:

Agree, I would say with our current state he is indispensable.ย 
ย 

I think Allan could still offer a bit as a fringe first teamer, especially with some energy and quality around him in the middle of the park.

Maybe Allan could with legs around him. Heโ€™s a smart player but he is pretty one paced.ย 
ย 

itโ€™s funny, youโ€™ve got doucoure with legs and limited ability, but Allan with ability with limited legs. ย Both could be alright with the new injection of talent in midfield and dependant on the situation of a game could be very valuable subs for second half.ย 
ย 

itโ€™s no exaggeration to say iwobi is worth ยฃ80m. ย Look at the price of number 8s, they are premium players like strikers.ย 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Doubt anyone would even pay us what we paid for him, despite his upturn in form. If he was getting assists etc then it'd be a whole different story, and I'm hopeful that will develop in the not too distant future.

Same for me. He is a much better player at the moment, but Richarlison was the price he was due to his end product.

His next step is assists and goals.ย 

I think his assists and possibly his goal scoring will now improve as we hopefully being to get on the front foot a bit more and also having strikers on the pitch.

I think he currently has the confidence to not worry do much about attempting a killer pass or having a shot at goal.

I am looking forward to see the new iwobi further up the pitch.

I also think he will contribute to a few goals this season. He's already played some clever passes which deserved a goal with nobody able to finish them. With Dom and Maupay in the picture now hopefully we can start scoring some more.

I know everyone is aware of his vast improvement, but on top of that I absolutely love watching him play. He's energetic, skillful, hard working and composed.

I remember Everton did a YouTube clip a couple of seasons ago asking players who the most skillful player was in the squad, and most said Iwobi. I couldn't see it at all but this season he's pulling off some prime Ronaldinho shit off at times.

On 15/09/2022 at 10:01, Romey 1878 said:

Doubt anyone would even pay us what we paid for him, despite his upturn in form. If he was getting assists etc then it'd be a whole different story, and I'm hopeful that will develop in the not too distant future.

Thank fuck for that. I was starting to worry then.ย 
His upturn in form is brilliant, but heโ€™s played about a dozen good games in a blue shirt. I donโ€™t see any reason why his value would have changed. Still first name on the team sheet, but needs to carry on before heโ€™s worth any more money.ย