IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

You're not paid £100,000 a week to play the game though are you? Maybe you are:unsure:

And anyway, surely it's the responsibility of the front player to be onside, they're in a far better position to judge the line so you surely have to trust them; and if they're off it's on them and not you.

No but whether you are paid nothing or paid millions its the same situation just at a far higher level. 

It is and it isnt. I think you do have to trust your teammates to stay onside, if a player is clearly offside and you play it to him especially when there are other options its not good either. Just remember back to the Davies / Mina incident against Utd. 

I do think he has to see the pass and has to try and play it but things are always to see in hindsight with a different image to what he has in front of him. My view is that a confident, happy player in form who isnt second guessing himself, will play that pass 9 or 10 times out of 10.

Saddened to see the Twitter post yesterday and not downplaying any issues he/family have but show me any family not affected by mental issues over the past 2 years.

As Mike posted,

You're not paid £100,000 a week to play the game though are you?

Relevant because these players have access to the best medical care unlike so many ordinary people at this time.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Saddened to see the Twitter post yesterday and not downplaying any issues he/family have but show me any family not affected by mental issues over the past 2 years.

As Mike posted,

You're not paid £100,000 a week to play the game though are you?

Relevant because these players have access to the best medical care unlike so many ordinary people at this time.

Mental issues go beyond the best medical care there’s no magic pill or potions to cure it, and how much you earn isn’t a determining factor either. By all means we should criticise him for bad play and we should expect better, but I’m only guessing because I don’t have any social media platforms bar TT that he’s had abuse that goes past the boundaries of fair criticism for him to post that. I will add if someone in the public eye like him who has mental issues, should they not have an open Twitter account where people can get to them and send them into a dark place. I think I know what the answer will and should be everyone should have the right to social media, and not expect to be abused, yet we all know that won’t happen so if you do suffer mental illness that can be brought on by online abuse wouldn’t it be better to take yourself away from that environment if only to protect yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

was nothing in that and the commentator was going on like it was an awful challenge, he's put his foot past the ball to turn on it and the players come into the side and got caught, no malicious intent at all and just unlucky.

I think a yellow card would have been fairly hard on him let alone a red.

You could see his confusion at the yellow let alone the red!

18 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

was nothing in that and the commentator was going on like it was an awful challenge, he's put his foot past the ball to turn on it and the players come into the side and got caught, no malicious intent at all and just unlucky.

I think a yellow card would have been fairly hard on him let alone a red.

You could see his confusion at the yellow let alone the red!

Was a crazy decision.

• 3 weeks later...

Deserves some comment after today’s effort. Really helped us control the game and used his physicality much better than is typical. Frank basically said he had no choice but to play him after how he’s done in training. He’s often been cited as a player who looks great in training so it was nice to see it translate. Hopefully the new manager has lit a fire. 

8 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

He’s often been cited as a player who looks great in training

He has, I remember players saying he's also the most skillful one in the squad. I wonder why he's as inconsistent in games as he is. Maybe the Iwobi enjoys the freedom he is given my Lampard - but I'm not expecting Iwobi to keep this form up, that would be naive. I hope he does though.