IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Loved Gray though. He was right into it.

These little touches from the fans clearly make a difference. Yes it's precarious but we have to stay positive, the players notice.

On Iwobi though, he was fantastic again today. I had the benefit in the first half of being able to watch him closely and I was seriously impressed with all aspects of his performance.

He's really flourished under Lampard

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Loved Gray though. He was right into it.

These little touches from the fans clearly make a difference. Yes it's precarious but we have to stay positive, the players notice.

On Iwobi though, he was fantastic again today. I had the benefit in the first half of being able to watch him closely and I was seriously impressed with all aspects of his performance.

Heโ€™s definitely risen to the challenge Iโ€™m so impressed with his work rate and ability, plus he doesnโ€™t panic show his nerves or hide. If Brands or who ever was responsible for bringing him to the club itโ€™s a massive thank you from me. ย 

It's so good to see Alex Iwobi playing with some consistency now. In the past he would be decent for half a game or so every now and then, but you always felt you were never going to get much more from him. Now though, he's like a different player and putting in decent performances on a more regular basis. Full credit to the guy, what a turn around.

On 04/05/2022 at 07:14, Heath said:

It's so good to see Alex Iwobi playing with some consistency now. In the past he would be decent for half a game or so every now and then, but you always felt you were never going to get much more from him. Now though, he's like a different player and putting in decent performances on a more regular basis. Full credit to the guy, what a turn around.

Agree but he needs to do this for a whole season before I relax.ย 

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Absolutely. Really stands out.

He seems to get up and down really well. Yeah, OK, he's rough with things (like most of this lot!) but I always think a great work ethic can make up for that.

Yeh he definitely is a bit raw in places but he also has moments of real quality with the ball at his feet.ย 

I look forward to seeing whether he can build on this next season.

16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yeh he definitely is a bit raw in places but he also has moments of real quality with the ball at his feet.ย 

I look forward to seeing whether he can build on this next season.

Another who's issue is in his head, because his footwork is usually brilliant. I had lost faith after sticking with him for the longest time but so glad he's starting to repay it.ย 

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The most pleasing part is that he is doing it consistently. He has become a very dependable player in whatever position he plays

RB, RWB, RM, RW, RF, CM, CAM, LM, LF. That's all the positions he played this season according to whoscored. I've got to say, I do prefer him in CM in a 3, which I never thought he'd suit.

What Iwobi has really now done the last 12 or so games is really let Lampard and his backroom staff know what sort of player they have to work with next year if he given a consistent run in the team. He has put himself firmly in the mix to be one of the foundations in Lampard's rebuild.ย  it mean transfer focus and expense can be used elsewhere.

• 1 month later...