IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

Made up that he’s showed the level he can play to. Cos lampard will hold him to that. 

gomes showed the level he can play to and then dropped off a cliff as he usually does and got nowhere near the pitch yesterday.  

I fully expect iwobi to do something similar and that’s when we will hopefully see lampard get straight on him. 

maybe he won’t and lampard has his respect and we see that effort every week. But there are s good few players who share the same inconsistencies mainly application and effort. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Made up that he’s showed the level he can play to. Cos lampard will hold him to that. 

gomes showed the level he can play to and then dropped off a cliff as he usually does and got nowhere near the pitch yesterday.  

I fully expect iwobi to do something similar and that’s when we will hopefully see lampard get straight on him. 

maybe he won’t and lampard has his respect and we see that effort every week. But there are s good few players who share the same inconsistencies mainly application and effort. 

Exactly the massive difference yesterday was the effort he put in. I don’t think he’s applied himself fully at this club apart from yesterday. Hopefully it continues and he makes a good squad player to rotate. 

On 14/02/2022 at 01:56, StevO said:

He’s clearly very popular in the squad, Townsend trying to give the praise for the goal to him last week, the players and manager giving him praise yesterday. There has been times in the last year where he looked like a broken man. When he got sent off in the AFCON I was genuinely concerned for his health, I thought it might be one upset to many. 
Made up to see a performance like that from him yesterday, hopefully he’s earned another start against Southampton and does more of the same. The big difference yesterday was when things didn’t come off he just ran his socks off.

Agree with you mate. Perhaps he’s had a bit of a look at himself though as well - there were some comments rumoured from him when he was being asked to play the right wing-back role last season ( or the one before ) that it was too much running for his liking.

He put in a massive shift though last game and I hope that because the benchmark of his performances in regards to effort because the fans will be behind regardless of if the things he tries come off or not.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

could, could....

Put it this way it will be easier to pick up points with some gap between us and the teams below than it being closer.

Oh I know. Just catching up on the other threads and there's this euphoric belief we've turned a corner. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Oh I know. Just catching up on the other threads and there's this euphoric believe we've turned a corner. 

no corner turned for me.  We got a result in spite of looking very toothless.  We need a bare minimum of 100% from every player in every game to survive.  We don't have the quality to win games on 70% - and that is what these players will give if the crowed arent on to them.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, c1982 said:

Another very good performance in his preferred central role - fair play to him - it’s not been easy for him but is pretty much undroppable at the moment. 

If DCL offered any movement up front Iwobi would be even better. He is splitting defences with slide rule passes non stop at the moment. 

7 hours ago, Btay said:

If Lampard can get the same effort/mentality out of Dele Alli we will have a seriously good player there as well.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

If Lampard can get the same effort/mentality out of Dele Alli we will have a seriously good player there as well.

Read a post by finch farm insider on twitter saying lampard is surprised at how much he has dropped physically. 

9 hours ago, Btay said:

I dont think the effort wasn't there for Iwobi. Its just so much easier to be busy and look busier when you are playing in a central role than being left out wide. 

52 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I dont think the effort wasn't there for Iwobi. Its just so much easier to be busy and look busier when you are playing in a central role than being left out wide. 

iwobi covered near 12km yesterday and led the sprint numbers by some distance too. Have to find the tweet but his ball recovery and forward pass numbers were high too.

I’m agree work rate is relative to the position played but as general rule fans will have an idea as to who isn’t doing it when you have 4 or 5 outfield who are.   When you seen Iwobi, Richarlison, mykolenko, Delph, Allan pulling their tripe out you could identify who wasn’t and when and the crowd were vocal about it. 

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

When he was asked to play wing back with Carlo he was “apparently” saying it was too much running. He had a great game a few weeks back as well on the wing where he ran around like a mad man. I think he has upped his work rate immensely - love to see it as well.

11 hours ago, Btay said:

When he was asked to play wing back with Carlo he was “apparently” saying it was too much running. He had a great game a few weeks back as well on the wing where he ran around like a mad man. I think he has upped his work rate immensely - love to see it as well.

I wouldn't listen to the "apparently". It is normally just someone out to take a shot at a player.

He isn't ever someone I have thought wasn't trying, is was more of a case that it wasn't coming off at all!

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I wouldn't listen to the "apparently". It is normally just someone out to take a shot at a player.

He isn't ever someone I have thought wasn't trying, is was more of a case that it wasn't coming off at all!

I think it was more his game was sacrificed to play left or right wing, in favour of Gylfi,James, Gomes, and Doucoure to play CM. He always maintained his best position was CM and now he’s getting a run there it’s showing he was right all along.