IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

He replaced a player who is exactly the same, Gray... Head down keep running till your surrounded by defenders then lose the ball.  Fookin useless.  Considering that the people who run this club are supposed to be top business men and women We have so much dead wood to get rid off its unbelievable how we got into this mess.

Congratulations to him for goal of the month for his wonder strike at wolves...

It’s fair to say he has his critics but I’m glad he’s finally proving his critics wrong and showing his quality that made us pay £30 million pounds for him from Arsenal.

Haters will say we only scored one goal in November and he won it by default….

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Congratulations to him for goal of the month for his wonder strike at wolves...

It’s fair to say he has his critics but I’m glad he’s finally proving his critics wrong and showing his quality that made us pay £30 million pounds for him from Arsenal.

Haters will say we only scored one goal in November and he won it by default….

good-grief.gif

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Easy pass to the left to player (Doucouré I think) results in one on one with the 'keeper approaching the box and huge chance, he plays it to the right.

But the guy on Iwobis left/straight ahead of him is offside by half a yard? Or was there someone else outside of that picture?

4 hours ago, Btay said:

But when asked to help out as a wing back complained it was too much running.

Has to be moved on

I agree totally if any players refuse or complain about what the manager wants them to do they should be moved on. They need to remember they are an employee of the club and paid handsomely to play for the club under the direction of the manager, for a player to refuse or argue about playing a role in the team is disrespectful to the club and fans and counterproductive to the team. Let’s be honest if the manager is wrong and his system doesn’t work he will be found out over the course of time and removed, but players should never refuse to do what’s asked of them. 

11 hours ago, StevO said:

No issue with him having mental health problems, if he has I really hope he gets the help he needs. However, I don’t think poor mental health makes him pick the wrong pass, I think that’s just a bit of poor footballing ability. 

His on field performances are seriously impacting my mental health.

I wonder if Iwobi just doesnt see the deepest Chelsea defender and thinks Doucoure is offside. 

We have the benefit of stopping the game and taking an image from a completely different view point but it is about the only excuse I can give him.

I have been there before when someone makes a great run and it should be an easy ball but you just dont pick it up in time and they look offside so you dont play the ball. 

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I have been there before when someone makes a great run and it should be an easy ball but you just dont pick it up in time and they look offside so you dont play the ball. 

You're not paid £100,000 a week to play the game though are you? Maybe you are:unsure:

And anyway, surely it's the responsibility of the front player to be onside, they're in a far better position to judge the line so you surely have to trust them; and if they're off it's on them and not you.