IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

You must have missed the 22 games he didn't manage to score in as his runs and finishing have been piss poor.

Don't fault his effort but his quality has been well off. 

Nope, seen every game this season, I didn’t say he was faultless, but if you would rather have Iwobi starting over Richarlison, we would be doomed, doomed Mr Mainwaring

14 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Nope, seen every game this season, I didn’t say he was faultless, but if you would rather have Iwobi starting over Richarlison, we would be doomed, doomed Mr Mainwaring

Take out Richarlison's little purple patch when he was up front and he's been no more effective than Iwobi this season. Add to that Richarlison has Digne behind him and the team set up to maximise his ability compared to Iwobi who has centre half filling in behind him. Richarlison has easily been one of most disappointing players this year. 

42 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Pete, you can’t just take away the bits of Richarlison that makes him a more effective player for us than Iwobi to try and make out Iwobi is more effective, that’s not how it works :lol:.

Richarlison is a far better player for us than Iwobi, and I say that as someone that wouldn’t hesitate to sell Richarlison!

I'm not saying Iwobi has been more effective, they've both not done enough. Just it's more disappointing from Richarlison as he's got it easier on the other wing given the quality behind him. Could also add Richarlison has had the extra quality of James passing him the ball. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

I'm not saying Iwobi has been more effective, they've both not done enough. Just it's more disappointing from Richarlison as he's got it easier on the other wing given the quality behind him. Could also add Richarlison has had the extra quality of James passing him the ball. 

One of Richarlisons most surprising attributes is that he puts a shift in helping out Digne.

He is also the first man on corners. 

If anything, I would say Digne has it good having Richarlison on front of him, it allows him to get forward much more.

I do agree Richarlison has been disappointing this season.

18 minutes ago, Btay said:

Wish Iwobi had 15 goals and assists for a poor season though like Richarlison.

Bit unfair to include goals when he's playing up front compared to those from a player on the wing. Bit cheap to count cup goals too. 

In the league Richarlison has 6 goals and 6 assists, compared to Iwobi's 1 goal and 3 assists. Looks a lot better at first glance but 4 of those came in a purple patch when he was moved upfront, so a bit unfair to include them when comparing him to another player on the wing. So a fairer comparison would be 2 goals and 6 assists, compared to 1:3, still better but both sets of figures aren't good enough.

To look at the numbers even further 3 of those 6 assists came in a single game against WBA, and he's credited for an assist thanks to his awful cross against Arsenal. So outside of the 90 minutes against West Brom, in the rest of 2362 minutes he's played this season he's created two assists for his teammates. 

From the wing he's contributed a goal or assist in 6 matches. Iwobi has in 4. Both have terrible figures this season. 

52 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Bit unfair to include goals when he's playing up front compared to those from a player on the wing. Bit cheap to count cup goals too. 

In the league Richarlison has 6 goals and 6 assists, compared to Iwobi's 1 goal and 3 assists. Looks a lot better at first glance but 4 of those came in a purple patch when he was moved upfront, so a bit unfair to include them when comparing him to another player on the wing. So a fairer comparison would be 2 goals and 6 assists, compared to 1:3, still better but both sets of figures aren't good enough.

To look at the numbers even further 3 of those 6 assists came in a single game against WBA, and he's credited for an assist thanks to his awful cross against Arsenal. So outside of the 90 minutes against West Brom, in the rest of 2362 minutes he's played this season he's created two assists for his teammates. 

From the wing he's contributed a goal or assist in 6 matches. Iwobi has in 4. Both have terrible figures this season. 

I’ve been patient with Iwobi and stuck up for him a bit but it’s just not working - he has no eye for goal or desire really. I think we would do well in Italy actually. 

Shame because he has so much raw ability 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

When Richarlison plays rubbish it's like Iwobis average game.

Ive not been impressed with Richarlison of late but he has far more character and integrity in his game than Iwobi.

Iwobi whinged about not playing in his favourite position on Snapchat or whatever it was.... Unprofessional.  Gets a chance in his favourite position and has been shite. 

He’s had some good games but they have been very far and between, his inconsistency means he has to go. Players that you don’t know from one game to the next what you are going to get really wind me up, even more so when they possess some good attributes but don’t possess the ability to use them when called upon. 

7 hours ago, barryj said:

Terrible and looks disinterested. I find it crazy that some Everton fans seem seem to actually think he’s done ok. 

In some games he has. But that's maybe 5% of the games. 

I feel extremely let down by him. I do think that there's a technical player there but for some reason it doesn't work out for him. I don't think he's lazy, I think he's just confused. Not as confused as most of us were when he signed, although can't count myself in that. I was really excited, but got this one well and truly wrong. So did Brands though, so I'm in good company :)

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

In some games he has. But that's maybe 5% of the games. 

I feel extremely let down by him. I do think that there's a technical player there but for some reason it doesn't work out for him. I don't think he's lazy, I think he's just confused. Not as confused as most of us were when he signed, although can't count myself in that. I was really excited, but got this one well and truly wrong. So did Brands though, so I'm in good company :)

Yep - I was all for this signing and occasionally still feel optimistic seeing him on the team sheet but then when he actually gets the ball and looks confused, I’m brought back to reality. It winds me up so much when he refuses to have a dribble when there’s space or just a one-on-one - he has got bags of ability and tricks but he seems very selective when he will do it. For all his faults and ultimately proved a waste of money (mainly down to the injury) at least Bolasie would beat a man and get a cross in - Iwobi can clearly do the first bit but seems so reluctant to do so.

15 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Yep - I was all for this signing and occasionally still feel optimistic seeing him on the team sheet but then when he actually gets the ball and looks confused, I’m brought back to reality. It winds me up so much when he refuses to have a dribble when there’s space or just a one-on-one - he has got bags of ability and tricks but he seems very selective when he will do it. For all his faults and ultimately proved a waste of money (mainly down to the injury) at least Bolasie would beat a man and get a cross in - Iwobi can clearly do the first bit but seems so reluctant to do so.

I was going to like the post but then you mentioned Bolasie beating a man. He only ever beat himself 

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

I was going to like the post but then you mentioned Bolasie beating a man. He only ever beat himself 

He would often do that but at least he took risks and when it worked he would often whip a decent ball in. Iwobi, more often than not, won’t even try to beat his man.

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

He would often do that but at least he took risks and when it worked he would often whip a decent ball in. Iwobi, more often than not, won’t even try to beat his man.

Damned either way then 😆

• 3 months later...

Playing squad needs a complete overhaul but this coupled with B & H interest in Holgate, Sigurdsson unavailable, who knows what will happen with James, we won't have enough players. I just hope that we have some realistic targets this week or the U23 lads in and show what you can do.