IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

17 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Got to thinking about Iwobi this morning. I don't see us getting rid of him in the summer. I think Carlo rates him over Bernard and Gordon. I say "I think" because who knows what Carlo is thinking sometimes. I think we will bring in a starting right sided midfielder and Iwobi will be kept as rotation.

No one would buy him for the amount of money we’d be wanting to recoup, so I think you’re right. 

Iwobi starts so that would say there’s no problem with Ancelotti and him, or anything he posted. 
I’ve said on numerous times I believe Ancelotti likes him because he try’s to take players on, I wish Digne had the belief to do the same when he plays WB. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Iwobi starts so that would say there’s no problem with Ancelotti and him, or anything he posted. 
I’ve said on numerous times I believe Ancelotti likes him because he try’s to take players on, I wish Digne had the belief to do the same when he plays WB. 

He needs to step up and demonstrate he’s worth persevering with, there’s not a lot of pace in the midfield today, I’m expecting Iwobi to pick up that responsibility.

3 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

He needs to step up and demonstrate he’s worth persevering with, there’s not a lot of pace in the midfield today, I’m expecting Iwobi to pick up that responsibility.

I hate to spoil this for you, but if you're thinking Iwobi will pick up the slack for any lack of pace in the squad, you're going to be mightily disappointed

6 minutes ago, London Blue said:

If he delivers now, and I hope he does then he is a valuable option for us. This could really kick on his career with us. 

Feel like we've said this 4 or 5 times this season. And this coming from someone who has supported him far more than many others on here

Started brightly centrally but then disappeared out wide with no support again. 

There is no doubt he should be doing better with what he does get but at the same time I very much doubt anyone else in that position would do significantly better. 

It is a theme with our wide players / full backs at the moment.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

The biggest issue for me is attacks break down when they get to him, time and time again. When he was in the middle he was running into blocked off spaces and holding the ball too long. When he was out wide every cross was blocked. I think he got one pass into the box and one cross, from about 15 attempts. 
He just has no end product. 

When he was in the middle he was Ok put Richarlison through who’s shot was well stopped, he kept hold of the ball well found himself traveling with it looking for someone to make a run or get into space but it wasn’t happening, so it was a sideways pass but he wasn’t losing possession.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

When he was in the middle he was Ok put Richarlison through who’s shot was well stopped, he kept hold of the ball well found himself traveling with it looking for someone to make a run or get into space but it wasn’t happening, so it was a sideways pass but he wasn’t losing possession.

That’s my problem with him! If he’s only ok in the position he says is his favourite against a lower league club in poor form where he is the one reliant as being creative in the CAM role, then he’s not good enough for where we need to be. 

2 hours ago, barryj said:

That’s my problem with him! If he’s only ok in the position he says is his favourite against a lower league club in poor form where he is the one reliant as being creative in the CAM role, then he’s not good enough for where we need to be. 

Give him a chance, he had about 20 minutes before he was moved wide. He was arguably the best player on the pitch at that point.

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Reminds me of a Billy type player. Moments where he looks good and we end up thinking he’s about to break out..... but we’ll be thinking the same in 12 months.

He’s the midfield version of Holgate.

And that is probably the reason Arsenal were happy to sell him.