IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Me too but he’ll be playing left back unless we go to 3 CBs and wingbacks 

I think 5 might be realistic although I'm not sure who plays right wing back. I'd guess Davies? 

I'd be worried with going with a back 4 that you either put Godfrey up against someone kick and direct again like we did against Southampton or you do the same with Davies which would be worse. At least with 5 they could help each other out a bit! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe not but I'd certainly like to see that formation again, he did a decent job defensively but in attack looked really good.  Good decision making, quick to get the ball in the box and a real threat out there.  

I think in some games that formation could work and I think with James rarely sticking to the right wing it's good to have more regular attacker filling that hole.

I wouldnt get too carried away. Fulham are one of the worst teams in the league. 

The point I would take away from his performance (and also from his cameo in our last game) is that he is better when he starts slightly deeper and he finds space between the full back and winger rather than being pushed high up the pitch.

Obviously a lot of that depends on the opposition and Fulham got much tighter to him and us as a team in the second half. 

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Completely unsurprised. He was completely hung out to dry in that position 

It's weird decisions like this that Ancelotti should be being questioned about.

He's made the most changes to a starting 11 in the league this season, so it's no wonder we've struggled to make any system work and look disorganised a lot of the time. Yes, some of these changes have been a necessity but some of them have just been bizarre. Like this one.

56 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's weird decisions like this that Ancelotti should be being questioned about.

He's made the most changes to a starting 11 in the league this season, so it's no wonder we've struggled to make any system work and look disorganised a lot of the time. Yes, some of these changes have been a necessity but some of them have just been bizarre. Like this one.

If say about 50% have been forced, but that still leaves 50% of weird. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

If say about 50% have been forced, but that still leaves 50% of weird. 

When you’ve got to make a change, like yesterday, with Digne needing to be replaced, you want to keep the disruption to a minimum. Keep it simple and just bring Nkounkou in for Digne. Nope, let’s go all weird and make two changes instead and move Iwobi from the right (where he’d done well) to the left and bring in a player that’s barely played this season and have Davies play RWB instead.

He is needlessly complicating things at the moment.

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

In Carlos defense we’ve played plenty of 4 at the back and been shite.  So he wanted to try the 3 to see if it would shore things up.  Nothing wrong with that.  We’ll find out about Niels and Kenny this week I’m sure and why they were omitted.

We played it the previous game as well.

I hate three at the back but, like I said, keep the disruption to a minimum to a system we are already uncomfortable in and just make the one change that was needed instead of going for two to basically completely fuck with what we'd done in the game before. You're not going to get any cohesion and it showed.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

When you’ve got to make a change, like yesterday, with Digne needing to be replaced, you want to keep the disruption to a minimum. Keep it simple and just bring Nkounkou in for Digne. Nope, let’s go all weird and make two changes instead and move Iwobi from the right (where he’d done well) to the left and bring in a player that’s barely played this season and have Davies play RWB instead.

He is needlessly complicating things at the moment.

In fairness Davies did well there best player behind Allan and Pickford so that worked, Iwobi played on the left regularly for Arsenal so shouldn’t have found it to difficult, but this is Iwobi we  are talking about Mr inconsistency didn’t turn up again, and Leeds were a totally different beast to deal with than Fulham no matter what side he was on he would have still had a shit game. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

In fairness Davies did well there best player behind Allan and Pickford so that worked, Iwobi played on the left regularly for Arsenal so shouldn’t have found it to difficult, but this is Iwobi we  are talking about Mr inconsistency didn’t turn up again, and Leeds were a totally different beast to deal with than Fulham no matter what side he was on he would have still had a shit game. 

I thought Davies was shite! He peaked with one good ball to Doucoure and then couldn't find a blue shirt. As expected his positioning at times was all over the place too. He shouldn't have been playing there, that is for sure. 

Iwobi has played as a winger, not as a wing back who spent most of the time playing as a left back. Its one thing cutting in as a winger on your right foot with an overlapping full back, but both him and Richarlison trying to do the same thing was a car crash waiting to happen.

57 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought Davies was shite! He peaked with one good ball to Doucoure and then couldn't find a blue shirt. As expected his positioning at times was all over the place too. He shouldn't have been playing there, that is for sure. 

Iwobi has played as a winger, not as a wing back who spent most of the time playing as a left back. Its one thing cutting in as a winger on your right foot with an overlapping full back, but both him and Richarlison trying to do the same thing was a car crash waiting to happen.

Well a lot of people differ from your opinion that Davies was shite all scores I’ve seen gave him a 7/10 the equal highest score given to anyone in a blue shirt, he played very well most teams have now learned to attack us down our right because they know that James won’t follow back to support the defence in that area, Davies stood up to challenge he was given very well. 

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well a lot of people differ from your opinion that Davies was shite all scores I’ve seen gave him a 7/10 the equal highest score given to anyone in a blue shirt, he played very well most teams have now learned to attack us down our right because they know that James won’t follow back to support the defence in that area, Davies stood up to challenge he was given very well. 

Of the five at the back he was the best one. To score them out of 10 I'd say seven is fair.

8. Pickford, Allan

7. DCL, Davies

6. James, Doucoure, Keane

5. Iwobi, Godfrey, Holgate

3. Richarlison

Just read the first three.

Two gave Davies 6 and SS gave him 5. 

Might be a load out there who gave him more, just the first 3 I read as I was interested to see who have him 7 as I didn’t really notice him do anything other than average. 

Thought first half especially we gave way too many chances away and were lucky to come in 0-0 at the break. I thought this was down to not having regular full backs, and Carlo changed it at half time and made us a bit more solid, but still to no evail. 

On 30/11/2020 at 00:05, Palfy said:

Well that just proves that a lot of people are wrong! :)

• 2 weeks later...