IGNORED

Leicester (Home) Wednesday 27 January

AlbanyNYToffee

6 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Why oh why didn't we attack like this from the start of the second half? We had these in our pocket, it's a goalkeeping error yes but fucking hell - why did we sit back? 

Gutted.

This is all that needs to be said really. 

Could have gone either way at the end but that second half reminded me of a Moyes type performance. 

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

Our whole midfield wasn't available. Silva, Martinez and Koeman we lose that 3 nil and blame it on the team.

We only dropped 2 points because of a shit goal keeping mistake. Carlo has us as solid as ive ever seen us at the back

And that is fine being solid at the back.

But you can’t set up to defend deep for 90 minutes!!

The opposition 9 times out of 10 will score.

We started to play a little after Leicester scored!!

I’m grateful to have Carlo but tonight imo he got it wrong. 

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Made up with Richarlison's reaction to the final whistle there (punching the floor). Fucking frustrating isn't really putting it properly, should be won that. We had them in our pockets and we let them out. Fucking hell. 

Although, win against Newcastle and it's four from two which I would have taken before KO. Let's keep it in context lads - but arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Exactly Leicester at full strength our midfield decimated, I’m happy with the point and the way we worked so hard. 

Leicester deserved all 3 points there. Sorry guys Davies isn’t a scapegoat he’s just not at this level. He offered absolutely nothing. The partnership with Gomes looked weak as hell on paper and sure enough it was dreadful. We had no foothold on the game at that always comes from the middle of the park! We had nothing in there 

18 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

He's looked off the pace for a while now. Know he scored against Wednesday, but he just hasn't been a threat for weeks it seems

I'd say all season. He's huffing and puffing but more often than not just runs straight into a player. 

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We'd have won apart from a Pickford brain fart, if we'd have got the three points we'd all be saying great game plan with the players we had. Not Carlo's fault Jordan fucked up.

Think most of us could see we needed a change before the goal. It felt like it was coming. I lost count at hope many times Gomes got made up look like a training cone 

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

We'd have won apart from a Pickford brain fart, if we'd have got the three points we'd all be saying great game plan with the players we had. Not Carlo's fault Jordan fucked up.

Sitting back like that they would have scored eventually.

Yes Pickford dropped a howler but that was a terrible set up and game plan.

a good result in the end, especially considering we had our defensive midfielders missing. We especially missed them with us sitting so deep defending that lead in the second half. I think we all know both Davies and Gomes in there against the top 5-6 teams in the Premiership  means we are going to struggle a bit. 

I wouldn't go as far as saying it was a howler by keeper, just maybe could have done a little better - you maybe save that sgit four out of five times. Think the goal came more due to the fact we where being pinned back by them, it was beginning to feel inevitable. 

Richy was disappointing again tonight. He seems to being out muscled a lot and ending up on the floor more than usual. Although, at least we needn't worry to much about Europe's elite clubs clambering for his signature in the summer.

On a positive, we didn't play great tonight - but at the final whistle  I would go as far as saying we ended up with a similar number of 'good chances' as they did. 

16 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

It wasn’t pretty but with our worst midfield it would have been 3 points. It’s all ifs and buts but the fact was the only goal they scored was a JP howler. 

13 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

I do think we sat back too much around the point when they scored but the game plan wasn’t bad in my opinion. I don’t recall too many clear chances from them. I think Iwobi should have come on at 1-0 as we just couldn’t get out of our own half. Ultimately, we had the better chances to actually win the game.

This game plan has been the game for a fair while even with Allan and Doucoure in the team and I am not convinced it would have been the difference between the two teams tonight. 

I thought Davies and Gomes did OK in patches, they certainly weren't dreadful, but they were overrun quite a lot. When Leicester broke our initial press as they did in the first 10 and most of the second half, even Kante would struggle to keep a hold of the game. 

It's clear as day the two players missing would have improved us, and that in turn may have changed the way we played, but I don't think they would have changed the course of the game enough under that style.

If anything, earlier in the season we saw that we were more exposed with them because we had more of the ball and played with less restraint. I just think Leicester are a better side and they play better football under a manager they have been with now for 3 seasons(?).

That's Pickford first mistake that has cost us points, he's definitely in surplus when it comes to points. Ball was through a lot of bodies and he tipped it onto the post. If he used his feet he'd probably have saved it. But half the team should have controlled the ball better first and the manager should have changed things. To solely blame Pickford is laughable. Gomes, Richarlison and DCL all should have done better the other end.

51 minutes ago, pete0 said:

That's Pickford first mistake that has cost us points, he's definitely in surplus when it comes to points. Ball was through a lot of bodies and he tipped it onto the post. If he used his feet he'd probably have saved it. But half the team should have controlled the ball better first and the manager should have changed things. To solely blame Pickford is laughable. Gomes, Richarlison and DCL all should have done better the other end.

He could have gotten the cross before the goal too.  It was 2 mistakes that led to the goal.

We haven't lost as many points inspite of Pickford because we had the counterbalance which is goals being scored.  

If we had a centre half who gave away penalties at the regulatory of Pickfords errors we wouldn't be saying "well we haven't lost many points despite the errors".

I said earlier in the season that it will get to the stage where we play quality sides and his mistakes can't be covered by DCL goals etc... Here it is.

For me the issue is that the defending was brilliant, they have looked assured and that sort of error undermines them.

There's no excusing this anymore. This is getting daft now. 

I thought it'd be 1-1 before the game and I'd have been more than happy with that seeing as we had no Doucoure (as well as Allan being out). But I am so disappointed with our second half showing and feel we brought that on ourselves - Pickford fucked up (twice) and is ultimately to blame for the goal but we invited pressure onto ourselves for that whole half and it was just a matter of time IMO. I'm not excusing Pickford in the slightest by the way, it was fucking terrible goalkeeping (which is even more disappointing because he was having a solid game up until that point) but the tactics really did us no favours and Carlo is partly to blame for the dropped points.

Win on Saturday, though, and I'm alright with it because 4 points from these two games would be nothing to be sniffed at.

Screenshot-20210128-045537.png

For those moaning admit Pickford, here's a game of spot the ball. 

Watching it back Richarlison is the one most at fault for the goal, although arguably the manager for not changing things sooner. He goes to press leaving their player completely free. 

On a positive note. How good is James. Need to check his passport as that goal looked Brazilian. Reminiscent of Rivaldo or dare I say Ronaldo. How he shapes his body then takes the strike almost like he's just taking another stride. Swift and not much back lift. World class.