IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

8 minutes ago, Btay said:

Completely forgotten about Sandro, Bolasie and a few others lingering around the club. 

yeah they're all on loan now, so they are partially off the wage bill.  this summer is a decent purge, Stek Cuco Niasse Garbutt.  Next summer is equal i'd say, Walcott Bolase Besic Dowell.  But 2022 summer is the big Kahuna for players at the end of their contracts.  Gylfi Bernard Keane Tosun Coleman Delph Lossl Beni.  Talk about wages!  

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah they're all on loan now, so they are partially off the wage bill.  this summer is a decent purge, Stek Cuco Niasse Garbutt.  Next summer is equal i'd say, Walcott Bolase Besic Dowell.  But 2022 summer is the big Kahuna for players at the end of their contracts.  Gylfi Bernard Keane Tosun Coleman Delph Lossl Beni.  Talk about wages!  

If Keane, Tosun and Delph are still around by 2022 I’d say we would be closer to the championship than Europe 

Quality over quantity this summer - I’d prefer 3/4 top quality first team options and have players like Davies, Bernard and Iwobi as back-up. Most important players to sell are Gylfi, Sandro and Tosun in my opinion. I expect swap deals may become ‘fashionable’ this summer and would be open to Bernard, Iwobi and Kean being involved which would be a bonus. I’m not too worried about Besic, Bolasie and Walcott as they only have 1 year left on contracts (I think?!) - Theo may even earn an extension as he’s arguably our most suited winger to Carlo’s tactics. Priority must be central midfield and wide men who can play Carlo’s way.

On 07/07/2020 at 09:16, Romey 1878 said:

I want midfield signings. Enough that they push Sigurdsson, Davies and Iwoeful so far down the fucking pecking order that I forget what they look like.

We need three midfielders. A box to box a playmaker and right sided. All with some pace 

It is important to improve the character and personality of the team,” he said. “I can improve their knowledge on the training ground day by day but the mentality of the squad can also improve to compete better with the top-six teams in the Premier League.”

If I was a professional footballer I'd be livid if my manager said that about me. Let's hope it gets the right reaction from the team. Coleman had said similar in the recent past too. 

10 minutes ago, pete0 said:

It is important to improve the character and personality of the team,” he said. “I can improve their knowledge on the training ground day by day but the mentality of the squad can also improve to compete better with the top-six teams in the Premier League.”

If I was a professional footballer I'd be livid if my manager said that about me. Let's hope it gets the right reaction from the team. Coleman had said similar in the recent past too. 

There's no reason to be livid, they must know by now because they continually fail to turn up when anything is riding on a result. If anyone can sort it, though, it's Carlo.

I suspect it'll take a bit of time to do because we'll have to ship out a lot of players and that was difficult enough even before the world went even more to shit.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

If you were a professional footballer that kept on failing to put in consistant form and help the team, you could be angry all you like but it wouldn’t change the fact that he’s right. 

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

If you were a professional footballer that kept on failing to put in consistant form and help the team, you could be angry all you like but it wouldn’t change the fact that he’s right. 

I agree with him (and Coleman). Nearly all of us on here have moaned similar that they don't try hard enough too. 

I'm alluding that a professional should be trying their hardest already. So should be angry they're being questioned. I'm hoping they take the criticism and build from it. Any that don't I'd gladly see out the door. 

We've got players like Sigurdssen who probably thinks they're putting in all they can every match. Just looking at Sigurdssen he covers more ground than anyone and when we lose the ball he doesn't give up the chase (he's just sadly not quick enough to catch up). That said he isn't given it his all. He's not playing with enough intensity, he lacks conviction; he's losing 60/40s. He's invisible at times. 

Of this current team you could probably count on one hand the ones that give their all for the team. We were getting beat every week and yet they were turning up to training with a smile. They weren't feeling the same level of pain as the likes of Coleman or the fans. It's about time they got called out on it. 

This is getting uglier by the match. We need 4-5 for the starting XI immediately and it would be easy to argue 5-6. Who is realistic to keep around for the bench? 

Keep going back to Marcel's direct quotes on having a squad of 23 players. 3 gks 8 def 6 mid 6 fwd. With Carlo's tactics I consider the LM a forward and the RM a mid to make those numbers work out. 

Sell: Pickford, Keane, Delph, Gylfi, Iwobi and the deadwood - Tosun, Bolasie, Sandro, Besic, Pennington, Connolly, Beni, Dowell. 
Buy: GK, CB, a CM (please for the love of god), 2 Wings

New Squad:

GK: New GK, Lossl, JVirginia
DEF: Holgate, New CB, Mina, Gibson, Digne, Baines/Nkounkou, Coleman, Kenny
MID:  Andre, Gbamin, Davies, Walcott, New CM, New RM
FWD: Richarlison, DCL, Kean, Gordon, Bernard, New LM

We're aren't going anywhere until we find a great midfielder. 

From the starting 11 tonight,  Pickford ( without the fuck ups ) Coleman, Keane, Digne, DCL and Richy are worth a starting place next season, add Holgate who was sorely missed, so we need 4 starters for next season.

Keep Siggy, Walcott, Gomes, Gordon who will develop, Davies, .

Iwobi, Delph, Kean, Bernard, Sidibe, not good enough and dont show any sign of ever being so.

20 hours ago, Btay said:

Writing off Kean but keeping Gylfi is madness.

If we could sell Gylfi I’d be delighted but I just can’t see anyone coming in for him and being able to afford his wages, unless of course he’s not happy at being on the bench more often than not, and will take a pay cut to move on.

On 09/07/2020 at 21:07, AlbanyNYToffee said:

This is getting uglier by the match. We need 4-5 for the starting XI immediately and it would be easy to argue 5-6. Who is realistic to keep around for the bench? 

Keep going back to Marcel's direct quotes on having a squad of 23 players. 3 gks 8 def 6 mid 6 fwd. With Carlo's tactics I consider the LM a forward and the RM a mid to make those numbers work out. 

Sell: Pickford, Keane, Delph, Gylfi, Iwobi and the deadwood - Tosun, Bolasie, Sandro, Besic, Pennington, Connolly, Beni, Dowell. 
Buy: GK, CB, a CM (please for the love of god), 2 Wings

New Squad:

GK: New GK, Lossl, JVirginia
DEF: Holgate, New CB, Mina, Gibson, Digne, Baines/Nkounkou, Coleman, Kenny
MID:  Andre, Gbamin, Davies, Walcott, New CM, New RM
FWD: Richarlison, DCL, Kean, Gordon, Bernard, New LM

We're aren't going anywhere until we find a great midfielder. 

Replacing Pickford in this window isn't the best idea for me. See what Ancelotti can do with him and reinvest into other areas of the squad. I'd also keep Keane around so a new signing means we can have 4 first team centre backs to rely on - let's not forget he's probably been our best player since the restart. Delph hasn't had the best time since arriving at Everton but is another player that may have something to offer with his versatility for another season or so. Iwobi needs to be given a chance - he's just arrived and has worked under 2 managers already, there is a player in there somewhere maybe Carlo can get it out of him. Agree that Tosun, Bolasie, Sandro, Besic, Pennington, Connolly, Beni and Dowell all seem surplus to requirements.

I'd actually like to see us add 2 CM to the squad if possible. Someone with energy and phsique who can win the ball back and drive us up the pitch, and another with more a creative aspect to their game.

• Experienced CB
  • 1 box to box CM
  • 1 creative CM
  • 1 out and out right winger

I'm not too concerned at LW this window as long as the other players we sign can add quality, Bernard and Iwobi will suffice for now. If we get the chance to add a prospect for a reasonable fee like Grealish or McNeil I'd be happy.

in order of importance

DM 

RW 

GK

i still don't think we need a CB.  Holgate Mina and Keane are all solid and once we get the DM sorted it will shield them and not leave them exposed like they are now.  We have Gordon on the wings and Iwobi, both need chances on the left with bernard if he stays.  but on the right we need a starter to rotate with walcott.  those 4-5 are fine for wingers, enough different players and styles we should be able to mix/match.  I would sell pickford and get a proper keeper to steady the backline.  that will help the CB's as well.

25 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I would sell pickford and get a proper keeper to steady the backline.  that will help the CB's as well.

I just pissed myself with laughter, is it because he’s English we know you’ve got a hang up when it comes to the English players in the team😀, Mark seriously mate he is a proper keeper one of the best in the league playing for a team that are bang average, and he’s not the reason we are bang average, there’s 7 or 8 who need looking at before him. 
You know when you buy a house the first thing you should consider is location, and when buying players it’s priority, and if genuinely believe that in priority of players required our keeper is placed 3rd, then I’m struggling to find what to say to that to be honest with you mate, bar crack on fella🤷‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I just pissed myself with laughter, is it because he’s English we know you’ve got a hang up when it comes to the English players in the team😀, Mark seriously mate he is a proper keeper one of the best in the league playing for a team that are bang average, and he’s not the reason we are bang average, there’s 7 or 8 who need looking at before him. 
You know when you buy a house the first thing you should consider is location, and when buying players it’s priority, and if genuinely believe that in priority of players required our keeper is placed 3rd, then I’m struggling to find what to say to that to be honest with you mate, bar crack on fella🤷‍♂️

i wouldn't like him if he was togolese either.  he's no different than tim howard whom many on here considered to be average.  he was supposed to be a strong kicker, that lasted for half a campaign and now he is just as average with kicking as the rest of the league.  he makes the 1-2 brain farts every match that Tim Howard did, tim howard was a cheap keeper, he was not 30m and on big wages.  my point is we can get a replacement level keeper for cheaper and use the funds to better elsewhere. also it improves morale because the guy has a shitty attitude.  win win.  if you want an english keeper there are plenty that will be cheap and are the same quality.  look at pope.