IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m just relaying a very interesting point that I read from someone who is inside the system. I

I understand that and wasn't trying to argumentative, maybe there's an underlying racist element, that from an early age coaches put more trust in white players, leaders need help in developing their skill set, and if it's not offered it's less likely to happen.

1 minute ago, Wiggytop said:

I understand that and wasn't trying to argumentative, maybe there's an underlying racist element, that from an early age coaches put more trust in white players, leaders need help in developing their skill set, and if it's not offered it's less likely to happen.

All good mate. I agree, leaders need coaching. Check out the link above for the direct quotes and some stats. 

That is really interesting... I would understand it a little more with say African or Asian born players where the development of the game isnt as advanced as it is in Europe but to think it is still the case throughout Europe as well is more than a bit shocking. I would like to think that times are starting to change now though, especially as the more archaic football coaches are being replaced with younger and more qualified coaches.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Just been able to make time to read this, it is a very good piece, interesting side point was the pace influencers in a match, with Siggy being one of them while at Swansea, show that clearly were not using him in the right way then !

9 hours ago, StevO said:

I personally don’t think Keane is the weak link, I don’t think Mina is either to be fair. I’m happy for them both to play. 
But can you honestly see the manager dropping Keane? 
We hardly saw Mina and Zouma play together last season did we? 

Where do you see the weak link in defence? 

For me the full backs are caught out due to tactical reasons, although Coleman is struggling with the pace of the game now. But Keane is caught out because of his own shortcomings, he's slow and he's not particularly good at reading the play to make up for it, and worst of all he's weak. 

Don't think we saw Mina as he was new to the league and kept having knocks. Plus not many managers would play two lefties. 

Didn't want the quote to be massive but on the race issue I had a friend say similar about African footballers. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Where do you see the weak link in defence? 

For me the full backs are caught out due to tactical reasons, although Coleman is struggling with the pace of the game now. But Keane is caught out because of his own shortcomings, he's slow and he's not particularly good at reading the play to make up for it, and worst of all he's weak. 

Don't think we saw Mina as he was new to the league and kept having knocks. Plus not many managers would play two lefties. 

Didn't want the quote to be massive but on the race issue I had a friend say similar about African footballers. 

I don’t think we have a particular weak link in our defence. I like Digne Mina Keane and Coleman. Not enough depth though. 
In open play I don’t worry about our defence at all really. I think we’re ok. We’ve become frail from corners again. I’ve never been a fan of zonal. For me you get your man and you stop him scoring. Everyone does that we don’t have a problem. 

Who are the lefties? Zouma is right footed, can’t say I’ve noticed what Mina is, he worries me on the ball regardless of which foot he uses. He looks like Crouch haha

What did you friend say about African footballers? 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I don’t think we have a particular weak link in our defence. I like Digne Mina Keane and Coleman. Not enough depth though. 
In open play I don’t worry about our defence at all really. I think we’re ok. We’ve become frail from corners again. I’ve never been a fan of zonal. For me you get your man and you stop him scoring. Everyone does that we don’t have a problem. 

Who are the lefties? Zouma is right footed, can’t say I’ve noticed what Mina is, he worries me on the ball regardless of which foot he uses. He looks like Crouch haha

What did you friend say about African footballers? 

Teams are targeting Keane. Can't remember his name but even the Aston villa striker bullied him. 

Thought Zouma was left footed with him always playing there. Begs the question why Silva never played him alongside Mina considering Keane was hardly setting the world alight. 

I agree he looks unorthodox but he gets the job done. Took people a while to appreciate Fellaini as he was awkward looking too. 

They don't read the game as well. Told him it was racist but then struggled to name many players myself. Only ones I could think of at the time were Okocha, Drogba and technically Zidane. 

Keane's had it tough this season, but part of that is because he's been left to play two positions, Coleman has deserted his defensive duties and is cought upfield too often.  The manager is also to blame for doing away with  the Digne and Bernard attacking play on the left to try and produce the same on the right but its not working.

Bernard  back in,   Iwobi replaces Sigurdson in the middle, Gambin and Gomes for Delph and Sneiderlin and we should be OK.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Keane's had it tough this season, but part of that is because he's been left to play two positions, Coleman has deserted his defensive duties and is cought upfield too often.  The manager is also to blame for doing away with  the Digne and Bernard attacking play on the left to try and produce the same on the right but its not working.

Bernard  back in,   Iwobi replaces Sigurdson in the middle, Gambin and Gomes for Delph and Sneiderlin and we should be OK.

When could you start the job😀

On 07/10/2019 at 14:28, Bill said:

I think Coleman is being caught out because he’s having to be the right winger too. Richarlison offers nothing at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I think Coleman is being caught out because he’s having to be the right winger too. Richarlison offers nothing at the moment. 

I agree with you there Matt, and this will not go down very well with many, but we looked more solid when Walcott was playing in front of Coleman. 

On 09/10/2019 at 18:57, Matt said:

I think richarlison has been one of our best players this season.

Not to say I think he's been that good. Hes frustraiting, but one to look to make things happen more often than others.

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

I think richarlison has been one of our best players this season.

Not to say I think he's been that good. Hes frustraiting, but one to look to make things happen more often than others.

agreed, he gives an effort each match.  and he presses and tracks back.  honestly i think that's why seamus has been playing so well.  meanwhile on the left digne and partners look lost because they are doing the opposite right now.

6 hours ago, Cisk said:

Makes you wonder why he didnt have the surgery at the start?

Questioning the level of homework performed on JP G before signing. His injury record is shocking!

Just thought the same when I read the first comments. Rediculous that we've rushed him back, thought we had the old physio team, Donnahoe or Dominic something who was good from America. Mad how far behind we are in sport science compared to the US, more so considering their football is only a couple of minutes play per player compared to ours. US football that only move for about 15 minutes compared to 70 in football. Mad we don't do more to get them at 100%.

He looks a yobo type, good player in there just needs someone to coach him through the game. 

I'm most gutted about this because I had been looking forward to seeing very little of Delph or Schneiderlin (particularly as a pair, but even partnering someone else was a horrible thought) because it really is a toss up to decide who is the most useless of the two.

Now I've got to pray Gomes stays fit so that at least I'll only have to put up with one of them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i'm hoping we get an update on this dude.  we could really use him out there.

It’ll be a while yet before we see anything near his best as he’s got to get over a bad injury and adapt to a new league, team and manager. 

25 minutes ago, barryj said:

It’ll be a while yet before we see anything near his best as he’s got to get over a bad injury and adapt to a new league, team and manager. 

i'm not talking about seeing him, i'm talking about an update, is he healthy?  training?  broken again?  out for the season?  i'm looking for some sort of ETA even a rough one.  since his injury it's been all quiet on the western front.  

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm not talking about seeing him, i'm talking about an update, is he healthy?  training?  broken again?  out for the season?  i'm looking for some sort of ETA even a rough one.  since his injury it's been all quiet on the western front.  

Same here it would be nice to know if he’s even back in some form of training.