• Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Tom Davies
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • James Rodríguez
    • Richarlison
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Fabian Delph

Current Player of the Season standings....
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...49
James Rodríguez...35
Niels Nkounkou...34
Yerry Mina...20
Abdoulaye Doucouré...19
Allan...17
Séamus Coleman...12
Jordan Pickford...11
Anthony Gordon...10
Richarlison...7
André Gomes...7
Gylfi Sigurðsson...6
Bernard...5
Michael Keane...4
Alex Iwobi...4
Lucas Digne...2
Tom Davies...2

Previous MOTM winners...
Brighton (H)*...Yerry Mina
Wat Ham (H Cup)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Crystal Palace (A)*...James Rodríguez
Fleetwood (A)*...Niels Nkounkou
West Brom (H)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Salford (H)*...Niels Nkounkou
Tottenham (A)*...Jordan Pickford

*Behind closed doors

Becoming a bit of a formality this, two goals from James' to kill the game along with an assist to get us back into it on the stroke of half-time. The commentators were saying before the game that he is the player with the most chances created in the entire league, which is something that you wouldn't even question. I've not seen a player like him in my lifetime, the absolute heartbeat of our squad and IMO was once again the best player on the pitch. As much as he seems to be getting votes every week he deserves it, another world-class afternoon.

Could so easily have been Mina though, I've been a big fan of his since he signed so made up with his afternoon today, was an absolute rock at the back and got us back in the game with a lovely header. Bonus points for the dance moves too.

Quick word for the Doucoure Brothers too, thought they looked poor against West Ham but bossed our midfield today.

I went for Davies, he came in for Allan and had some big boots to fill, and he never let us down. 
So pleased for him he has proved there’s a place for him at this club even if that is covering for Allan, he can only learn and get better by being around Allan and in 2-3 years could be owning that spot for himself. 

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I went for Davies, he came in for Allan and had some big boots to fill, and he never let us down. 
So pleased for him he has proved there’s a place for him at this club even if that is covering for Allan, he can only learn and get better by being around Allan and in 2-3 years could be owning that spot for himself. 

Covered well at RB too, just kept it simple. 

2 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Little surprised at the results so far. Mina was excellent to be sure but James had 2 goals and an assist and isn’t close. I guess it’s to be expected.

He gets mentioned for how good he was.  Got to be honest mina was brilliant today, saved us a few times, played the ball well from the back. 

24 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Little surprised at the results so far. Mina was excellent to be sure but James had 2 goals and an assist and isn’t close. I guess it’s to be expected.

Tough thing with James is he only works hard off the ball for the first 45 minutes, after that he’s walking around.  I get it he’s essentially our Messi and when called for he does what he’s supposed to.  For me doucoure worked his ass off non stop whistle to whistle so that deserves the motm.  He allowed James to not have to track back by his work rate (same with Mina).

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

Like someone said in another thread that was probably his worst game for us so far. Not bad for 2 goals and an assist. 

At this rate we can only hope its all downhill from here for him.

6 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Like someone said in another thread that was probably his worst game for us so far. Not bad for 2 goals and an assist. 

At this rate we can only hope its all downhill from here for him.

Yeah, that was me. Thought his general touches where landing the team in trouble at times especially in the first half, he just seemed of the pace a little, then he goes and calmly puts two goals in the back of the net like he was on the training ground. He definately needs a dacoure or allan around him, but fortunately we have them, so great team balance.