IGNORED

Demarai Gray

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that this won't end up happening in time. 

Have a feeling he's gonna stay and that will be our extra winger we're supposedly in for, and that will be the end of our business

Won’t the Saudi clubs have a different transfer deadline to us?

At least that’s what would happen on championship manager.

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

I don't want him to leave. Why is Dyche so stubborn?

Not stubborn, well he is but not here, he just doesn’t think he’s good enough. 

When you look at McNeil, Harrison, Danjuma and Iwobi (or another) where does Gray really fit in?

It can’t be a coincidence that every club he’s been at have wanted him gone after a couple of seasons. Can it?

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

By all accounts it's Gray's work rate that has pushed him out. Dyche needs wingers who track back and help out the fullbacks, Gray isn't one of those players

No, he's one of those players that scores goals though but who needs them...

24 minutes ago, Btay said:

9 goals in 67 premier league games though - it’s not enough of a return from a player with his ability 

Oh he should do so much better. My whole argument for holding on to him in January is that we couldn't afford an improvement. We've got 2 players in at least that cover his role now so he can go. 

It would be lunacy to let him go now, we just need to think what would the Everton board do? 🧐

The way he has been frozen out makes me wonder if something has gone on in the background that we don’t know about

He isn’t injured and he gave an interview after he came back from the Gold Cup with Jamaica that seemed to indicate he was looking forward to the season ahead with Everton but since then there has been no sign of him

He is one of the few players left who is capable of creating something out of nothing so he needs to integrated back into the squad, starting with this afternoon

Again we don’t know all the ins and outs - I highly doubt Dyche has frozen a player out over personal preferences, especially when he has commented on how tight things are with incomings.

From what I heard - again which I can not confirm is true is that Gray was late to trainings multiple times & late to the game bus for Leicester game last year. We know Dyche has a high expectation to commitment & if gray was not meeting it then that explains his absence now. Really it’s up to Gray to show his commitment - we have other options in his position so he needs to show he is committed to the cause.

If any player is not showing the right level commitment given our position, I fully stand behind Dyche being firm and setting a benchmark.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Again we don’t know all the ins and outs - I highly doubt Dyche has frozen a player out over personal preferences, especially when he has commented on how tight things are with incomings.

From what I heard - again which I can not confirm is true is that Gray was late to trainings multiple times & late to the game bus for Leicester game last year. We know Dyche has a high expectation to commitment & if gray was not meeting it then that explains his absence now. Really it’s up to Gray to show his commitment - we have other options in his position so he needs to show he is committed to the cause.

If any player is not showing the right level commitment given our position, I fully stand behind Dyche being firm and setting a benchmark.

Other options I’m not sure about that we have played 4/5 games without a winger garner is playing out of position on the wing. 
he didn’t want to play branthwait but his hand was forced on that. 
we played a kid on the wing who is clearly not up to the prem levels. 
he’s discarded Myko the same as Gray. 
i know a lot of people don’t like Mykolenko but one thing he does is put a shift in. 
I don’t see Young as a big improvement. 
and Patterson is on dodgy ground also people looking to blame him for anything that goes wrong. 
he’s getting the blame for the mistakes Tarks is committing. 
we have to be patient with Patterson.