IGNORED

Salomón Rondón

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Maybe it was agreed as part of a request before he signed🤔

If so, that was stupid. I thought he's meant to be DC-L's backup in case the latter is injured? Well, he's injured now!

Mind you, I do realize the contradiction in my comment. It's rather like the old story of someone complaining about the awful quality of airline food and that they give you so little.

6 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

If so, that was stupid. I thought he's meant to be DC-L's backup in case the latter is injured? Well, he's injured now!

Mind you, I do realize the contradiction in my comment. It's rather like the old story of someone complaining about the awful quality of airline food and that they give you so little.

Not a big deal to miss two games. Our “cover” last year was Josh King who barely played.

28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

All very strange, the Villa 'keeper has been allowed to go as well so will be missing games also.

Edit: Maybe just the PL stance is that teams don't have to let players go but they can go if they ask nicely:huh:

From what I understand (so could well be wrong) the Premier League clubs have agreed amongst themselves to block players travel to red listed countries, I don't think that there is a rule exactly, just a blanket refusal to sanction such leave as for South American matches.

I assume that Martinez was the exception, or that Aston Villa were not that bothered about losing players and/or backtracked from the initial agreement.

I assume it'll get a bit messy though, as I can't see the Brazilian FA for example being happy that the core of their squad; Alisson, Thiago, Richarlison, Fred, Firmino, Gabriel Jesus being in the UK and not a yellow shirt.

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Premier League clubs have agreed amongst themselves to block players travel to red listed countries, I don't think that there is a rule exactly, just a blanket refusal to sanction such leave as for South American matches.

That won’t effect James he’s been dropped by Colombia 😗

Rondon: “When I go away with the national team, I’ll always say to the players, ‘I don’t care if you miss a pass or score an own goal, but I do care if you don’t put your foot in. And if you don’t put your foot in then you’ll have to fight me in the dressing-room. Win that first ball in the air.’ This is my attitude.

"The career of a footballer is too short. You have to give everything to football because football gives you everything" 

I like that alot. 

41 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Rondon: “When I go away with the national team, I’ll always say to the players, ‘I don’t care if you miss a pass or score an own goal, but I do care if you don’t put your foot in. And if you don’t put your foot in then you’ll have to fight me in the dressing-room. Win that first ball in the air.’ This is my attitude.

"The career of a footballer is too short. You have to give everything to football because football gives you everything" 

I like that alot. 

I have to ask: What's with the picture of Scott Tracy? :)

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I like that alot. 

Some won’t like that when I said that’s how I played the game they got very defensive with me, Rondon isn’t going to be the favourite player of some if they find out he’s slammed someone up against the wall for not trying 🥊 knock em out Rondon half hearted shit deserves nothing less. 

3 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I really liked his first interview with the club. One thing I noticed is that he knew about Dom and how many goals he's scored. I think it's an indication that he's doing his research and trying to see who his competition is. 

Unlike some who don’t even know who we are playing next game. 

18 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I like that alot. 

I like the attitude of all the players we've signed this window.

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What was he asked? I think you’re splitting hairs here mate he didn’t know who we were playing next game, he said so you surely can’t condone or defend that. 

A lot of the time if you ask me who we're playing next I can't remember, point is you're comparing apples and oranges, if Rondon had been asked who we were playing next and had replied instantly, "Burnley at home" (or not) you'd have a comparison. But he wasn't so you don't.

Amazes me how some people expect our players to have the next 12 games imprinted into their brain ready to reel off in order, just in case someone from the press asks them. At this rate we'll scrap set piece training at Finch Farm and instead us the two hours gained for some hard revision on the postcodes of our next opposition, the amount of burger vans at Goodison on a matchday and the full dental records of Dixie Dean.

In a nutshell, couldn't give a shite if Rondon (or anyone else for that matter) know who we're playing on Saturday, just so long as they perform when it gets to matchday.

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

A lot of the time if you ask me who we're playing next I can't remember, point is you're comparing apples and oranges, if Rondon had been asked who we were playing next and had replied instantly, "Burnley at home" (or not) you'd have a comparison. But he wasn't so you don't.

I was highlighting the difference between players who care and want to be part of the the club, they do their research because they care because they want to be part of the team which is what Rondon showed, and James didn’t because he’s not a team player if it’s not about him he doesn’t want to know, I’m shocked you would try a defend any player who plays for us not knowing who our next opponents are, unlike you and me who don’t play for the club we may forget now and then who we play next, but a player being paid millions a year should know no excuses it’s part of his job, but maybe only if you care about the club that pays your wages. 

10 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Amazes me how some people expect our players to have the next 12 games imprinted into their brain ready to reel off in order,

Who said that no one,he should know the next game a day or two before it kicks off, but maybe only if he’s interested in the club and gives a fuck.