IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Dyche conceded 4 goals in his first 4 matches then 18 in his last 9 since replacing Coady with Keane, he keeps alluding that we are close to having all the players fit who won the Arsenal game as if that’s going to give us the best chance of staying up, so it will be interesting to see if Coleman is fit whether he stands by his words and he drops Keane and DCL to try and recreate his Arsenal achievement, it will be interesting to see if he has the balls to walk the walk and believe in his own rhetoric with his team selection if Coleman is fit, but looking at the stats it’s surely time to revert back to Coady, because the back 4 aren’t playing very well as a unit. 

Dcl played vs arsenal 

10 hours ago, StevO said:

No, I’m not. Really we shouldn’t have been in a situation with Allardyce or Benitez to start with, neither of them should have been within walking distance of the club, which in tern takes Lampard out of the picture. We need the club to be in a situation where the manager doesn’t get sacked every year as it’s progressively got worse. We need to be planning long term. At some point we need to stick to a plan. The risk of not sacking a manager is we could get relegated, we’ve been getting closer and closer while still sacking managers. 
But let’s not be selective of all of our managers here. Look at Silva, his team was struggling yes, I wanted him out too (we were all chasing the dream), but turns out he wasn’t a bad manager. Maybe we could have given him more time. 

We need to be in a position where managers don’t overcomplicate things for themselves by playing people out of position. 

if a manager can’t see that Ben Godfrey has had 2 of the worst individual performances at full back this season and continues to pick him in that role then it indicates a stubbornness that is the downfall of dressing rooms. 

we all know that dyche is here till the end of the season at least, the issue is that from the United game onwards he has made baffling decision after decision - having looked the epitome of composure and understanding how to get the best from our players. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

When your back four contains Godfrey and Mykolenko then I’ll be worried a whole lot more about them than Keane. Those two are shite!

I’m not so worried about Keane are Tarkowski as individuals but as a duo I am, with Coady yes as an individual he’s looked fragile, yet as duo him and Tarkowski have proven to have a better understanding and conceded far less goals, so shouldn’t Dyche be taking that on board.  

Amazed people are talking about getting rid of Dyche already , who exactly do you think would be interested in replacing him?

We have a shite squad that the last 6 managers have failed to get a tune out of, if we go down we will lose our best players and if we are lucky we will be able to replace them with even worse players ( if we don’t get a transfer ban due to FPP)

We have a trigger happy Chairman with no plan and fickle fans so the new man will know if he can’t turn it around in 6 months he will be sacked

54 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Amazed people are talking about getting rid of Dyche already , who exactly do you think would be interested in replacing him?

We have a shite squad that the last 6 managers have failed to get a tune out of, if we go down we will lose our best players and if we are lucky we will be able to replace them with even worse players ( if we don’t get a transfer ban due to FPP)

We have a trigger happy Chairman with no plan and fickle fans so the new man will know if he can’t turn it around in 6 months he will be sacked

I don’t think it’s a case of sacking Dunc. It’s the fact that our immediate future is in his hands and he looks like he’s out of his depth. 

I looked down at him vs Fulham and literally observed him, stone and woan chatting for 10 minutes about what they should do. 

1 hour ago, CraigJarrett said:

I don't dislike Dyche, i think there is only so much any manager could do with this very poor sqaud that we have. I hope that Dyche remains in charge if we go down for the sake of some consistancy, changing managers all the time isn't helping a damn thing.

Is he the right back long term for Everton? I would at least like to give him the chance because Everton and long term don't often get brought up in the same sentence.

Kidding no one kopite 

I’m not really surprised or pleased that people are seeing and reacting to Dyche’s lack of game management, I wish it wasn’t that way I wish he could see for himself that he needed some fresh legs in the last 10-15 minutes, and gave Gray the opportunity to try and win the game with one of his curling shots from outside the area, because I hope we were there to win it and not be just playing for a draw. Anyway way this isn’t me asking for him to be sacked, it’s more me believing he should be more tactical in his approach and not so entrenched in his starting eleven that he fails to see what benefits substitutes can offer at the right time in a game. I think he needs to be more proactive to try and actually win a game that was pretty much there for the taking. 

13 minutes ago, CraigJarrett said:

I think if we go down we should keep him and see what he can do with a full season, transfer windows, etc.

Sacking managers every season is certainly not something that has ever worked for any club ever yet it happens all the time.

Sacking managers isn’t great, and keeping them for the sake of keeping them even less so. For me he really does need try and influence games In play with substitutions, and not just in the dressing room. I really don’t know what his problem is with using subs when the players on the pitch have given their all, Gray should have gotten an opportunity to try and change the game, he has ability to run at pace with with the ball and take players on, and find the back of the net from the edge of the area, Leicesters defence were rocking and a fresh legs from a player like Gray could have made the difference. So my opinion of Dyche is on the fence as to whether he’s the right man to be our manager that we invest in for the long term, I personally need to see something more from him in the next 4 games that is proactive, otherwise stay up or go down he wouldn’t be the long term manager I would put my trust and faith in, but let’s wait and see what happens in the next four games not based on results but based on tactics during the games. 

Will continue to support him. That said the red flags are increasing with alarming frequency. To continue to play Keane, at all, is nothing short of appalling. Godfrey is not a fullback, and never will be. The lack of and, when they are made, questionable subs has serious Bobby Brown Shoes vibes. 

If Keane starts at Brighton and anyone but Patterson is playing at RB I'll be f***ing fuming. 

On 29/04/2023 at 13:56, Palfy said:

Gray 6 McNeil 5, and Gray’s goals have been game changers they’ve helped win us points for me that’s what I class as game changing. Out of interest who do you think should be playing in front of him that will get goals to help keep us up, we need the players in the team that give you the best chance of a goal, you can’t keep moaning we can’t score goals yet leave your best options out. 

Gray has 4 league goals, 2 of them pens.

Gray can change games, like he did against City but he also pisses chances up the wall like he does every other game.

Iwobi is more creative than Gray and he now has the same amount of goals. He also works harder. Personally I would mix and match between those two but its not like either one of them will be the saviour, it will be much of a muchness.

On 30/04/2023 at 09:38, Btay said:

And yet, he scored twice. I completely respect you're impression I go off what I see as stats don't always portray the whole story. In the opening 20 minutes when we were all over them I counted 4 contested balls between Wilson and our CB's of which he came away with the ball 3 times, one was an occasion when Tarks won a header but played straight into Wilson who gained possession. Also in this time he was nearly through on goal from a basic long ball which caught Keane out (Godfrey to his credit covered well). The start of the game our midfield dominated with their high intensity approach & as soon as they ran out of steam Newcastle exposed how bad our defenders are.

Whoever plays in the backline for Leicester I hope they are at it because we won't be winning any games we concede 4 goals.

The first Wilson goal had nothing to do with Keane, the second I think he stood too far off but the reason he was in that position is because we were up against the counter attack.

I just checked the stats again and according to Whoscored, Wilson had 11 touches in the first 20 minutes. 5 passes, 3 unsuccessful touches, 2 tackled and loses possession and 1 offside. I haven't watched the game back to see what really happens so I can only go off those stats but at best it is a balanced duel between Wilson and our players.

I disagree with the ball (if it is the one I am thinking of). Keane wasn't caught out, he just couldn't reach it and Godfrey should have been on the cover as that is his job in that position.

On 30/04/2023 at 11:38, Palfy said:

Equally I can’t believe people can’t see his weaknesses, when it comes to team selection and making tactical changes in play when we are desperate for a freshening up or a different direction, he’s not proactive during game time, and is even slow at being reactive, I find that very concerning and difficult to get on board with. Whether the players are good enough or up for it doesn’t excuse his inability to make the decisions, he new what he was signing up for and convinced those who appointed him he could turn it around and save our season, well let’s see managerial input to make that happen because he’s been badly caught wanting in the last 5 games. And tell me if you think he was right in picking Godfrey over Patterson, not playing or introducing Gray our top scorer, and making no substitutions until the game was beyond us. If you think that’s how manager who knows we need something out of the last few games should react then enjoy your rewards. 

Dyche changed tactics in both the United and Fulham games and we got back into them both. He also made changes in the Leicester game, moving us more onto the back foot and hitting them on the counter which was working.

On 30/04/2023 at 15:42, plaidharper said:

Everyone on Sean about subs... let's get it right, we have the worst bench in the league.

Sometimes change for change sake works... but sometimes shite is shite.

This.

There is a massive section of football fans that seem to assume that the player that isn't playing is better than the one on the pitch. Sometimes new faces and new energy can work, other times they do not get up to the speed of the game and have little impact. When we have made subs, have any of them really come on to change the game in any way? I can't think of many, only Simms against Chelsea.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Gray can change games, like he did against City but he also pisses chances up the wall like he does every other game.

Iwobi is more creative than Gray and he now has the same amount of goals. He also works harder. Personally I would mix and match between those two but its not like either one of them will be the saviour, it will be much of a muchness.

The first Wilson goal had nothing to do with Keane, the second I think he stood too far off but the reason he was in that position is because we were up against the counter attack.

I just checked the stats again and according to Whoscored, Wilson had 11 touches in the first 20 minutes. 5 passes, 3 unsuccessful touches, 2 tackled and loses possession and 1 offside. I haven't watched the game back to see what really happens so I can only go off those stats but at best it is a balanced duel between Wilson and our players.

I disagree with the ball (if it is the one I am thinking of). Keane wasn't caught out, he just couldn't reach it and Godfrey should have been on the cover as that is his job in that position.

Dyche changed tactics in both the United and Fulham games and we got back into them both. He also made changes in the Leicester game, moving us more onto the back foot and hitting them on the counter which was working.

This.

There is a massive section of football fans that seem to assume that the player that isn't playing is better than the one on the pitch. Sometimes new faces and new energy can work, other times they do not get up to the speed of the game and have little impact. When we have made subs, have any of them really come on to change the game in any way? I can't think of many, only Simms against Chelsea.

I don't think anyone was saying we superior players on the bench. I do think we had players who were at par with those on the pitch. The point being made was that our first eleven were gassed and if we can bring on someone of equal or similar standing but with more energy then we shod have done so.

Based on his interviews I get the impression he feels vindicated in his decision because of all the shots we had and that we nearly won late (doucoure effort), yet I would argue that we didn't win and bringing on some fresh legs may have helped. It's all speculation of course. No one will know for sure what would've happened.

I can understand the dilemma with bringing on Gray and Onana on tbh.

Onana had been suffering with illness, so there's a good chance you actually get worse with him on the pitch because he may in fact be as leggy as the one going off.

Gray... well, he's just as likely to lose you the game as he is to win it.

Don't get me wrong, I was wanting fresh legs at the time and it wasn't good for my nerves that he didn't bring them on. However, looking at it objectively afterwards I can also understand the thinking behind not making any changes.

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

This.

I never singled out Keane for that goal & I said it was both central defenders he was getting ahead of…

15 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Sean Dyche is doing a decent job. The real issue is the same as it's been all season: We've had no proven striker. You can't expect to sell Richarlison and Gordon without bringing in effective replacements and hope to do well.

No striker and our ability to gift the opposition at least a goal a game.

I feel much more optimistic about our chances of scoring after Monday, but exactly the opposite about our chances of keeping a clean sheet.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

I would be shellshocked if Dyche brought Gray back in to the team, even as a sub. He has no time for people running at pace through the middle, going one on one with defenders (he'd have to play Garner to do that, who can pick a pass through the lines). Dyche will continue to want crosses thrown into the box, hope to get DCL on the end of one or two, and keep it tight. Our most technically able player will sit on the bench for the rest of the season. It's very, very Everton.

2 hours ago, Formby said:

I would be shellshocked if Dyche brought Gray back in to the team, even as a sub. He has no time for people running at pace through the middle, going one on one with defenders (he'd have to play Garner to do that, who can pick a pass through the lines). Dyche will continue to want crosses thrown into the box, hope to get DCL on the end of one or two, and keep it tight. Our most technically able player will sit on the bench for the rest of the season. It's very, very Everton.

Gray didn’t help himself, his back to back games from Fulham to palace were a disgrace.   Like someone mentioned on a fans podcast, he needs to be dropped and brought in to get a tune from him, till he gets complacent again. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think he deserves credit tonight, Matt.

He's more than played his part in those 3 points.

Didn't mean to say it wasn't the right call and that he doesn't deserve credit, was just saying that setting up as a counter-attacking team isn't all that hard, tactically. The real challenge is the individual discipline to close and attack at the right moments. 

Just positive all-round.