IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

If someone did attack his father, then I’m sorry but he is excused! Football is a sport and cones secondary to looking after your family. 

Shows he is a human being and not just a cot in a machine. Much respect to him if that is the case.

this is how I feel too mate

Well, I do agree with most of you. At first, I was a little bit pissed but he is right about his family. I do think there are other possible ways to handle this but you know, it is family and you can not control yourself. He'll be banned 1 or 2 games from international football after yesterday but I hope FIFA will not give damn about this "cut throat" gesture. As it is considered a major life-threatening gesture, it may extend his ban. He sincerely apologized though.

Turkish football has had troubled footballers for many years such as Emre Belozoglu (beaten a journalist, gestures and swearing against Turkish FA authorities during the match, accused of being racist both in the UK and Turkey etc...) and Arda Turan (Threw his shoes to the referee, attacked a referee recently an faced 16 match ban, beaten a journalist etc.). I think we were all afraid he is going to become one of them :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.sabah.com.tr/spor/futbol/2018/07/16/cenk-tosun-dunya-kupasini-izlerken-aci-cektim

Translation incoming...

About Domagoj Vida:

If Everton was interested, I think they would have asked me for my opinions at least. (as an old teammate or for some insider comments from the club)

About Klaassen to Besiktas:

They asked me if he is interested in a possible transfer move to Besiktas. I asked him and he said, "I am not interested in moving to Turkey". End of story.

About his move back to Besiktas:

I am still a new signing for Everton. It's way too early to talk about that.

These are the parts of the interview which related to Everton.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Should have. We’ll be saying that a lot this season, I fear. 

He has missed a few already this pre-season. He looked clinical last season and for Turkey so hopefully it is just a dry spell. 

Even though he didnt score we noticeably improved at holding the ball up when he came on (albeit with others).

Just now, Bailey said:

He has missed a few already this pre-season. He looked clinical last season and for Turkey so hopefully it is just a dry spell. 

Even though he didnt score we noticeably improved at holding the ball up when he came on (albeit with others).

With any luck he’ll just use up all his misses now.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I find him very unconvincing. There, I said it.

I'm far from saying sell him but I don't feel as enthused as most about relying on him to score our goals.

I’d like him to have better competition than Niasse and DCL... I like all 3 but I think we need a striker who is really going to make Tosun worry about his starting position and hopefully take him to another level.

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

He's 21. At that age Lukaku banged goals for fun. DCL is awful finisher and I'm not sure how much he can improve that. Yes we need a proper striker.

But at 21, Lukaku didn’t have a first touch and couldn’t hold the line by himself.... Both athletic at this age however still polar opposite of each other.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

But at 21, Lukaku didn’t have a first touch and couldn’t hold the line by himself.... Both athletic at this age however still polar opposite of each other.

Lukaku still doesn’t do either of those things better than average though. He has always been able to find the net, however, which is what’s most important for a striker. DCL is neither a Giroud-style physical presence who play can build around nor a Lukaku style clinical finisher; he’s an ok footballer who doesn’t excel at anything. After a couple years at this level, he needs a loan where he can be the focal point of an attack in order to develop some prominent skill or he’ll never be good enough.