IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

Steady on there; he's gone from being a waste of space to what you'd minimally expect from someone you spent £30m odd on, he's been decent (which is the least we should be expecting of him) but hardly pulling up trees.

Agreed. Always thought he was a cracking player, potentially at least, but he needs to show this form for a full season after years of mediocrity.

2 hours ago, Fosse Captain said:

Granted he’s finally playing well, but I think that’s mainly cos he’s running around a lot and brought energy to a pretty static midfield. 

He’s not controlling games. He’s not dominating midfield. He can do some decent attacking stuff and some decent defensive stuff. But nothing of particular note. 

Personally 5-3-2 works for me. And a powerful midfield of Douc, Onana and Gueye would be the way I’d go, in a 3 Allan / Davies get in too to rotate. 
(And Iwobi doesn’t get on the 10 either)

I’ll stick my tin hat on … 🙉

He’s the only who looks remotely close to creating anything for us… most progressive passer we have ( apart from Coady & Tarkowski switching play ).

Play Onana, Iwobi & Gueye ( hopefully ).

6 hours ago, Btay said:

He’s the only who looks remotely close to creating anything for us… most progressive passer we have ( apart from Coady & Tarkowski switching play ).

Play Onana, Iwobi & Gueye ( hopefully ).

We’ve only been playing with a two in midfield, I’d quite like to see Iwobi and Onana in the middle this weekend. 

17 minutes ago, Aidan said:

With the singing of Coady I think it's pretty much set in stone we will play 3 CBs for the foreseeable.

Yep. I’m just not sure if Myko is the right kind of full back for it though. Patterson will thrive as a wingback but I’m not sure Myko has the pace or dribbling to beat a man.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was made up he got an assist to really hammer home his influence. It's something he needs improve on so he has something to show for how well he's playing. I think we'll see more of that once Gana arrives and he can play further forward.

Give him a new contract before the season ends, he is vital to us now.

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was made up he got an assist to really hammer home his influence. It's something he needs improve on so he has something to show for how well he's playing. I think we'll see more of that once Gana arrives and he can play further forward.

Wherever Iwobi plays, he needs to be able to get on the ball. That is one of the big benefits of him playing deeper at the moment is that he can do that. I want to see him given more freedom by playing further forward to but he needs to be fed the ball regularly.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Wherever Iwobi plays, he needs to be able to get on the ball. That is one of the big benefits of him playing deeper at the moment is that he can do that. I want to see him given more freedom by playing further forward to but he needs to be fed the ball regularly.

I think the 3 proposed will have the instruction that of 1 goes forward, 1 sits and one supports. That's what I'd do. 

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think the 3 proposed will have the instruction that of 1 goes forward, 1 sits and one supports. That's what I'd do. 

Yeh I agree, I think that offers a lot of balance.

I think Onana would benefit from a similar instruction as well because you can see his power adding another dimension in attack, albeit again, needing to start from a deeper position.

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yeh I agree, I think that offers a lot of balance.

I think Onana would benefit from a similar instruction as well because you can see his power adding another dimension in attack, albeit again, needing to start from a deeper position.

Gueye should really help in this regard one would think. I’d have to imagine we play all 3 at once but I suppose we will see shortly.

4 hours ago, badaids said:

He was terrible for so long, and took so much stick, including me, I’m so happy he is producing for us. It’s great to hear the fans singing his name.

It looks like a mix of confidence from the gaffer and a defined role in the team that fits his skill set is working wonders.

And you can start to see Onana building a link with him. He wasn’t at his best in the second half but Leeds don’t give you an inch or a second to think.

It’s mad that he’s gone from being public enemy number one that most would have loved to get rid of for 10 mil to our best player.

So there's hope for Rondon is what your saying? 😂😂

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think Iwobi and Onana will benefit greatly from Gueye winning the ball so much and laying a simple pass off for them to drive at defences.

9 hours ago, RPG said:

Pickford

Patterson Tarkowski  Coady  Mykolenko

Gueye Iwobi  Onana

Gordon  Maupay  Gray/Mcneil

or even Boby Brown Shoe's 4-2-3-1 given the energy of Maupay?

Pickford

Patterson  Tarkowski  Coady  Mykolenko

Gueye  Onana

Gordon  Iwobi  Gray/Mcneil

Maupay

As much as I agree with that line up, they are both the same.
That’s just without the ball and with the ball. Just 433. 🫣