IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

We were still very leaky. Whether Alcaraz played or not.

True. I am not sure he can sort a defence properly and there's a good chance we'd end up with tickifuckingtackaka which I despise. But from names being mentioned, he's the only one I have any faith in to do something positive. 

1 minute ago, BedfordBlue said:

Please god not Martinez we will be sacking another manager in 6 months people clearly forgotten how shit we were at the end of his last stint, would rather have Ferguson and I really don't want him 

Martinez is never going to come back here surely as his next job?

He’d want loads of cash, that I’d be astonished if we could pay, he’s way above Everton in his career now after managing Belgium - he’s going to br after a CL job in a European league or in China for megabucks, finally, he’ll remember what a horrible place Goodison was at the end of his tenure and see the state of things on and off the pitch.

Not just Martinez but for any top manager, You’d have to be mad to come here right now, unless you were just hoping for a pay off in 6-12 months time. We’ve become one of the joke clubs that we used to laugh at; like Newcastle under Ashley, Blackpool, or Blackburn under the Venkys.

The reason that clubs like Saints, Wolves and Leicester are doing so well is that they are very well, tightly run clubs with a strategy and a proper board and leadership. What is really needed is a complete review from top to bottom by external experts and a plan to improve, plus the right people and attitude at the top to implement it.  But we all know that won’t happen.

Changing the manager won’t change shit, in a year’s time we’ll be in this position all over again and the loop will continue until we are relegated. Only then will the shock of that provoke change.

7 minutes ago, badaids said:

Martinez is never going to come back here surely as his next job?

He’d want loads of cash, that I’d be astonished if we could pay, he’s way above Everton in his career now after managing Belgium - he’s going to br after a CL job in a European league or in China for megabucks, finally, he’ll remember what a horrible place Goodison was at the end of his tenure and see the state of things on and off the pitch.

Not just Martinez but for any top manager, You’d have to be mad to come here right now, unless you were just hoping for a pay off in 6-12 months time. We’ve become one of the joke clubs that we used to laugh at; like Newcastle under Ashley, Blackpool, or Blackburn under the Venkys.

The reason that clubs like Saints, Wolves and Leicester are doing so well is that they are very well, tightly run clubs with a strategy and a proper board and leadership. What is really needed is a complete review from top to bottom by external experts and a plan to improve, plus the right people and attitude at the top to implement it.  But we all know that won’t happen.

Changing the manager won’t change shit, in a year’s time we’ll be in this position all over again and the loop will continue until we are relegated. Only then will the shock of that provoke change.

Hes not a top manager no big club will want him hes not even done a good job with a very good Belgium side

33 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

My dream choice would be bringing Roberto back with Baines given responsibility for defence. Potter would be a good second choice. Reality is, though, that neither would accept the job, and I wouldn't blame them. This is why I ruled them out as I pondered over this.

Rooney just doesn't have the experience yet: He needs to prove his worth as a manager. On the other hand, I have not written off Lampard because I thought, under the circumstances, he started really well. This is why I suggested a couple of days ago that a practical option might be to bring in Lampard solely for the rest of the season. Give him every reason to succeed and prove his worth, but don't commit to a long-term appointment. Then, take the rest of the season to line up a long-term successor.

Lamps has never been in a relegation battle he lacks experience, he got the Chelsea job based on the old pals act didn’t really do a lot wrong, spent a lot of money and should have done better. I’d give him ago at the beginning of the season but not to try and stop us going down with our defence and midfield, and personally I don’t think he would take it. 

30 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I notice you've given no opinion yourself, although I'm sure you have one.

My heart is saying Rooney but my head is totally against it. 

We should not go back for Martinez. The atmosphere is already poison ☠️ a couple of defeats for Martinez and the fans would be on his back. Basically due to the previous history.

I think it’ll be Ferguson in the interim with Baines until the summer. 

My only hope is IF it is Martinez that we all just chill a bit and see what happens. We afforded Rafa an opportunity against our will, nothing will ever be that bad.

Can't be arsed with more bitching, screams from the terraces, video clips of pitch invasions...

Maybe for this reason it needs to be someone completely new. Dunno really. Be amazing for someone from behind the scenes to come out and say 'yeah, sorry, we've really fucked this up...this is how we visualise the future....' But don't think we've had that from day 1 have we???

16 minutes ago, MC11 said:

My heart is saying Rooney but my head is totally against it. 

We should not go back for Martinez. The atmosphere is already poison ☠️ a couple of defeats for Martinez and the fans would be on his back. Basically due to the previous history.

I think it’ll be Ferguson in the interim with Baines until the summer. 

I'm sure many hearts are considering Rooney, but calm heads certainly shouldn't. He's unproven.

3 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

They are a bunch of individuals should be the best team in the world with the players he has but underachieved

Sure Belgium have a lot of talented footballers but I dont think you can say they should be the best team in the world. They have plenty of holes in their starting 11 let alone their squad. 

I think they have done about as much as you can realistically expect of a national side in a cup competition. Qualify at a canter and then go deep or get knocked out by a really good team. They were 3rd in a World Cup and then knocked out by the winners at the Euros in a game that could have gone either way. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Sure Belgium have a lot of talented footballers but I dont think you can say they should be the best team in the world. They have plenty of holes in their starting 11 let alone their squad. 

I think they have done about as much as you can realistically expect of a national side in a cup competition. Qualify at a canter and then go deep or get knocked out by a really good team. They were 3rd in a World Cup and then knocked out by the winners at the Euros in a game that could have gone either way. 

If we go back down that road it will be a massive mistake 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Im not sure it would be a good idea but Martinez until the end of the season whilst keeping his job with Belgium? 

Actually being spoken about in the press. Jason Burt from the Telegraph. 😂

Edit; seems I was very slow catching up.  

Looking at the table we’ll need 35/36 points to stay up that means we need 4/5 wins and a couple of draws. Can you see anybody being able to get that? Especially with the run of games we have toward the end of the season 🥴.

I genuinely think he’s been sacked too late! 

31 minutes ago, XIII. said:

With the context at Derby, I don't think it's realistic either. Not sure he will leave them in that position.

I was thinking about this. But they also really need the money, if they were offered a couple of million to release him I think the administrators would push him out of the door. 

3 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Looking at the table we’ll need 35/36 points to stay up that means we need 4/5 wins and a couple of draws. Can you see anybody being able to get that? Especially with the run of games we have toward the end of the season 🥴.

I genuinely think he’s been sacked too late! 

For sure there needs to be a new manager bounce. The entire season now depends on the next five games.

Would not mind Bobby, he's a good man, attacking, has an expansive style and has grown a lot as a manger since he left us.

Potter would be my chose, all the positives of Bobby, with more recent premier league experience and none of the past.

Rooney is too inexperienced but he would unite the fans, and command respect as an ex player from the team.

16 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

I'd be disappointed in Rooney if he ditched Derby at this point in the season. He's doing a good job under tough circumstances and while he may relish the opportunity to come to Everton I think he should be seeing out the season and trying to save Derby. 

It’s a dog eat dog world we shouldn’t be worrying about Derby County we have our own mess to sort out 

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Another thought, spitballing, on Rooney; how did things pan out the last time we appointed a 36 year old ex-player who was looking decent managing in the second tier?

Just saying.

Mighty big shoes to fill, would be a millstone round Rooney's neck.

Would like Rooney to succeed at Derby first, but he has played under great managers and clearly has the determination and knowledge to succeed.