IGNORED

James Garner

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Back in light training. 

Good to hear, I was trying  to look last night for a update on how he was getting on, thinking it shouldn't be long. 

I was looking forward to seeing him in our midfield, but we have just not really had the chance - by all accounts he like's to play the ball forward, something we are was really really missing, and something that could change games. 

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Does Dyche have form for playing youngsters? I don't remember many playing at Burnley but that could be because they don't have much of an academy?

McNeil! Beyond him… he brought Collins off Stoke and played him first team - think he was only 19 so he’ll play ‘good enough’ youngsters - Trippier was signed young and developed but maybe before Dyche. Burnley aren’t renowned for their academy like you say though - Jay Rodriguez, Kyle Lafferty… Lee Dixon!!! I do hope this shitshow provides opportunities for someone like Mills - we need something!

17 minutes ago, c1982 said:

McNeil! Beyond him… he brought Collins off Stoke and played him first team - think he was only 19 so he’ll play ‘good enough’ youngsters - Trippier was signed young and developed but maybe before Dyche. Burnley aren’t renowned for their academy like you say though - Jay Rodriguez, Kyle Lafferty… Lee Dixon!!! I do hope this shitshow provides opportunities for someone like Mills - we need something!

I think Stan mills will be playing.  Just a hunch but I think he has a chance to make right back his.

18 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I just don't see it happening myself. Is he going to trust a kid in a relegation battle? I doubt it.

Personally I think it's madness not to at least try when the experienced players continually let you down but I can definitely envisage Michael Keane up front before Simms.

Suspect most will get games. Try different combinations to see what he’s got, we’ve not given him much choice have we (thanks to the board) 
Gana and Onana will def play. Specific  roles for both and he’ll get a tune out of them. 

Garner, Douc, Davies will be the 3rd player. 
We haven’t got 2 strikers so it won’t be 442. 
Iwobi for me has reverted to type as his bubble has burst. Can see him outwide again as at least he runs around. 

More likely a 451 out / 433 in possesion type shape 

19 minutes ago, RPG said:

Maybe. He has had a couple of terrible performances recently, I agree. I just think Dyche may actually get the best out of him. Just tell him to sit deep, break up play, win possession and pass it quickly to the nearest blue shirt.

Yep. 
Square pegs in square holes. 
Do what your ‘best’ at. 

Keep compact. Shift across. Defend 3, attack 4. 
Simple and (usually) pretty successful way to play. 
It won’t be pretty but we all know that already. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found out a bit before the team was announced that he was starting and I was so pleased for him, and even happier when he assisted McNeil for our goal.

I think he did well considering that was his first PL start and he's just returning from a long injury lay-off as well and I hope we'll give him more minutes and starts.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

With Doucoure and potentially Onana back, would you play him?

My first on the midfield team sheet would be Doucoure, then any 2 from the other 3. I would even consider Onana as the holding midfielder with Garner being the focal point in getting the ball moving with meaningful passing. For me we have to start thinking about playing more offensive and less defensive, and those 3 would offer that imo. 

15 hours ago, Palfy said:

My first on the midfield team sheet would be Doucoure, then any 2 from the other 3. I would even consider Onana as the holding midfielder with Garner being the focal point in getting the ball moving with meaningful passing. For me we have to start thinking about playing more offensive and less defensive, and those 3 would offer that imo. 

Doucoure is just good for running power, he breaks up our play as much if not more than the oppositions. He is so frustrating.

15 minutes ago, badaids said:

I think he's a starter now, probably instead of Onana.

He's different from all our other midfielders in that as soon as he gets the ball his head is up and he's looking to be positive and move forward. Plus he actually has some composure.

But. I still don't understand his massive head covered in face.

He is the only midfielder we have that can play with the ball at his feet and looks very assured.

I would still like to Onana come on against tired teams for the last 20 minutes and utilise his running power. We definitely missed a trick with that against Leicester.