IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Supporting this club makes me seriously consider that we’re living in a simulation and someone is fucking with us for their amusement :lol:.

Its just one thing after another. What the fuck is next?!

I feel the same. If we are in a simulation then the creator is very cruel. 

Innocent until proven guilty. The club making an announcement is the sensible thing to do. 

37 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

There is no happy ending here. Either there's a child that's been a victim here or it turns out that the rumoured player actually did nothing wrong (because they aren't the player or because the allegation was false) and has effectively had their life ruined.

What a horrible, horrible situation.

100% 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

There is no happy ending here. Either there's a child that's been a victim here or it turns out that the rumoured player actually did nothing wrong (because they aren't the player or because the allegation was false) and has effectively had their life ruined.

What a horrible, horrible situation.

So true, its so hard for all those involved in this.

Its hard but we have to let the investigation take its course wherever it leads.

Support all those affected by this.

2 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Obviously you know professionally exactly how these things work LB. 

Hard to say without knowing the facts.

In any investigation once the allegation is made it will be investigated which could include obtaining evidence from victims, witness's, examining any social media, or communication device(s), and an a host of other things. Any decision to charge would be made by the Crown Prosecution Service, once they had received all the evidence they needed to make a decision. 

As to how long it will take, who knows, weeks or months. 

39 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Hard to say without knowing the facts.

In any investigation once the allegation is made it will be investigated which could include obtaining evidence from victims, witness's, examining any social media, or communication device(s), and an a host of other things. Any decision to charge would be made by the Crown Prosecution Service, once they had received all the evidence they needed to make a decision. 

As to how long it will take, who knows, weeks or months. 

I, very unfortunately, have personal experience of the procedure, not directly involved myself but close family members. It's actually taken years rather than weeks or months, but it's about very serious physical offences involving very young kids whereas this seems to be "only" (not in any way trivialising it) sending texts. That really should make it easier to reach a decision on whether to prosecute because the evidence is there hopefully, or not. In "my" case it's young kids being believed or the adult.

47 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I, very unfortunately, have personal experience of the procedure, not directly involved myself but close family members. It's actually taken years rather than weeks or months, but it's about very serious physical offences involving very young kids whereas this seems to be "only" (not in any way trivialising it) sending texts. That really should make it easier to reach a decision on whether to prosecute because the evidence is there hopefully, or not. In "my" case it's young kids being believed or the adult.

I'm sorry to hear that, I can only imagine how hard the whole process is.

With reference to this we don't know all the facts, how many victims, over how long a period of time or other offences. I hope for all involved it is resolved as soon as possible. 

9 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

As has been seen in other high profile cases there are many innocent victims whatever the outcome. Sad.

There are also many victims who never get to experience justice. If the victim's name were to leak out, I hope to goodness they are not subject to mindless social media attack. As someone mentioned above, this is a no-win situation.

20 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

There are also many victims who never get to experience justice. If the victim's name were to leak out, I hope to goodness they are not subject to mindless social media attack. As someone mentioned above, this is a no-win situation.

Unfortunately Steve this is what will probably happen, as we have found in recent weeks the mindless idiots will always find away of spouting there vile rhetoric whether it be racist homophobic or whatever gets there attention.