IGNORED

Richarlison

I hope the deal to allow him to take part from our point of few was he gave his word that he would not look for a transfer this season.  Otherwise he can stick his fucking medal were the sun don’t shine, if he comes back with the intention to get a transfer. 

On 07/08/2021 at 21:14, Romey 1878 said:

Hopefully he brings in a nice wedge of money so we can improve the squad.

It might not happen this summer, but hopefully he will be our Jack Grealish and bring in a substantial transfer fee when he does move on. We really could do with a standout season from him this year - in order to maximise the funds his inevitable sale will bring in. 

42 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

We need to get the notion that either one of Delph or Iwobi will be sold out of our heads. 

They're with us for the long-haul 😑

The problem is if they moved nobody would want to pay their current wages. It makes some sense for Iwobi who may still have a long career in front of him and needs to play but for Delph it’s in his interest to just pocket the cash 

23 hours ago, Aidan said:

Brilliant attitude coming back early, just hope he doesn't overwork himself.

Not sure he did.  Heard that he was told he could go to the Olympics, but that was his holiday.  Obviously the club will need to manage his levels especially early doors, but I don't think he's come back early.

Just now, Palfy said:

That was more what Martin O’Neil and Roy Keane thought. 

Not having that. Yes they could have looked after him better by not calling him up but he could and should have told them he was unavailable but he always insisted on playing for Ireland 

Seriously doubt either would have played him without speaking to him first so he must have told them he was ready 

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not having that. Yes they could have looked after him better by not calling him up but he could and should have told them he was unavailable but he always insisted on playing for Ireland 

Seriously doubt either would have played him without speaking to him first so he must have told them he was ready 

The club said he wasn’t ready but they insisted he had to go, like I said we are talking completely different circumstances McCarthy was injured Richarlison isn’t, he’s just won the Olympics he’s buzzing to play there’s no reason he shouldn’t if he’s fit and wants it. 

Just now, Palfy said:

The club said he wasn’t ready but they insisted he had to go, like I said we are talking completely different circumstances McCarthy was injured Richarlison isn’t, he’s just won the Olympics he’s buzzing to play there’s no reason he shouldn’t if he’s fit and wants it. 

In both scenarios the players themselves were both saying they were fit and ready to play, sometimes players need protecting from themselves , which was kind of my point 

It’s fine Richarlison claiming he is raring to go and will rest when he retires but the schedule he has had will take it’s toll eventually and if he isn’t careful his retirement may come sooner than he thinks

18 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Looked hungry and invested today. My only concern is, he might have a very strong start to the season because of his summer form, but all those games this summer might catch up to him halfway through or later.

Rafa's gonna need to do a good job of managing his game time and fatigue

Everyone was shit in the first half but you could see he was trying to make things tick. Second half and he quite literally swung the game in our favour, I think we're really lucky in the sense that other players are rusty and we've got Charlie in hot form off the back of the Olympics.

As you say, he may fatigue heavily throughout the latter stages of the season, so hopefully we have the scope to manage this by resting him when needed (as we did today).