IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

14 hours ago, StevO said:

Will we end up with a statue of Carlo outside BMD? 

I saw a tweet from Michael Ball earlier saying he felt calm watching us, I can’t remember ever being this calm watching us. It just seems like we are in control all of the time. But the players seem calm too, just like they know there will be more goals. 
It’s so much more enjoyable. If we beat Brighton at the weekend I’m not sure I’ll be able to wait two weeks to see us play again. 

This 100%. it was frustrating when they equalised or when WBA scored a couple of weeks ago but it always felt as though we would create more chances in the game.

Whilst I thought some of the defensive effort from James was a bit too lacking at times, the way he practically demanded the ball every time we got possession and always made himself available for the pass was a little mind blowing. It was a bit like he was saying, "calm down guys, I've got this!".

WOWzers a very interesting and fair article on a RS site here: https://www.rousingthekop.com/2020/10/01/liverpool-fans-may-have-to-accept-everton-could-be-transforming begrudging respect paid to Professor Ancelotti and what he is trying to do here on the blue side of Merseyside, but as said it reads nicely IMO. I also remember the MERSEYSIDE, MERSEYSIDE, MERSEYSIDE chanting Final and it would amazing to get anywhere remotely close to those times again, as long as Liverpoo always finish second. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

Whilst I thought some of the defensive effort from James was a bit too lacking at times, the way he practically demanded the ball every time we got possession and always made himself available for the pass was a little mind blowing. It was a bit like he was saying, "calm down guys, I've got this!".

Did you see James throw his arms in the air and stomp his feet when he pinged a great pass from the centre circle into the left channel and Iwobi didn’t see it coming? 
Was a bit petulant but great to see him expecting more from the players around him. It felt like he didn’t look to the left for a few minutes after that. Like get on my level or I won’t give you my ball.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Did you see James throw his arms in the air and stomp his feet when he pinged a great pass from the centre circle into the left channel and Iwobi didn’t see it coming? 
Was a bit petulant but great to see him expecting more from the players around him. It felt like he didn’t look to the left for a few minutes after that. Like get on my level or I won’t give you my ball.

I did and thought the same, Iwobi was on his heels, Iwobi needs to up his game.

On 01/10/2020 at 09:30, Drs1972 said:

WOWzers a very interesting and fair article on a RS site here: https://www.rousingthekop.com/2020/10/01/liverpool-fans-may-have-to-accept-everton-could-be-transforming begrudging respect paid to Professor Ancelotti and what he is trying to do here on the blue side of Merseyside, but as said it reads nicely IMO. I also remember the MERSEYSIDE, MERSEYSIDE, MERSEYSIDE chanting Final and it would amazing to get anywhere remotely close to those times again, as long as Liverpoo always finish second. 

The way they played today, they'd finish third behind Tranmere.

6 hours ago, Drs1972 said:

I think Marine F.C. would have given them a good go yesterday as well.

There is an important point here, of course: arrogance breeds complacency. We must be sure never to underestimate opponents this season and fight in every game to secure the points, otherwise we could find ourselves at the wrong end of an upset.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

There is an important point here, of course: arrogance breeds complacency. We must be sure never to underestimate opponents this season and fight in every game to secure the points, otherwise we could find ourselves at the wrong end of an upset.

As none of us are actually on the team I think we’re safe to enjoy the chance to be arrogant for the first time in decades. 

The squad would be benefiting hearing Carlo barking instructions at the playing XI. A silver lining of no crowd to fast track the squad cohesion. 

We've seen plenty of shape/formation changes through games, and what looked to me like a defensive shape trial purposely to prepare for Liverpool for periods of the second half against Brighton to manage the game. 

Don Carlo 👏

5 hours ago, barryj said:

Ok, I started it! 🤣 that and Spirit of Blues that seems to be on continual repeat over the last week or so. My better half is doing well to not lose it. 

The mrs has sent to her ring tone 😂 think it'll be driving me mad soon enough. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

He’s a world class manager but no doubt he didn’t get it right today. 

We have no DNA. As soon as one key player is injured the style of play completely changes and players don't know what to do. Gomes and Siggy can't play a short pass comfortably which is so strange for a footballer at this level. 

Mina and Keane can not play together with the former probably not good enough at this level. The return of Holgate can't come soon enough. 

Kenny cant defend well, hasn't got pace, cant cross a ball or play a pass. Im not sure what type of full back he wants to be, but he needs to find out and quick. 

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

And to play Delph at full back and a fullback on the wing makes no fookin sense at all.

Iwobi and Bernard  are on the bench so why play a full back on the wing ? And delph shouldn't play anywhere cos he is rubbish.

Made sense to allow a pacey player like nkoukou get at their full back and cover him with a player who can do the left back role.