IGNORED

James Rodríguez

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Facts come with evidence, Bill. So far there's media and social bloggers being mentioned. That's not fact. 

Soon unless we take our social media information to the high court to get judgment on whether it’s fact or fiction, there’s seems very little point on posting any stories from the papers or internet sports sites, because if it doesn’t support your or my beliefs then it’s just going to be what a load of rubbish show me the evidence, no debating the merits of what’s been posted just show me the evidence, how bizarre that will be for a forum. 

My original post was to say we have opened a can of worms and i gave the Rodriguez wage  as an example,  it may not have been the figure Quoted but the scenario is exactly  what  does happen.

Certain people are disputing the figures that I used saying that I don't know for a fact what the wage figure was, that's true but by that same thinking neither do they know for a fact that its not.

Its the scenario that's true and the fact is I have also opened a can of worms in this thread, so if you don't like it,  hard luck.  😎

Benitez, briefly, on James’s strengths and weaknesses: https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2253507/what-the-papers-say-13-september

Maybe not all that revealing, yet Benitez’s short comment doesn’t do justice to James’s offensive brilliance, which starts but doesn’t end with his left foot.  He is understandably vague about James’s weaknesses.

I guess you could say Benitez is being sensible, practical, dealing with an awkward situation involving a player he doesn’t really want but who also might still produce goals and assists.

Wonder how the “James problem” affects team spirit, confidence, player relations, match-planning?  Issues like this — player wanting out but still around — pretty common?

It now almost immaterial what James is being paid, at least until January as we can't off load his wages and bring other players. (he is not going to any inferior league where window is still open)

We currently now pay both James and Benitez handsomely - The pair just need to get on with it and both do their best to win for Everton. It doesn't mean Benitez is obligated to put James in the starting line up every week, but if we lose and we lacked 'creativity' in such games - the question of why didn't James play will be justified. Equally if the results come and James does not play, then it's justification on leaving him out. 

James needs to do his level best to adapt his game as much as possible to suit the way the current manager what to team to set up and play. We always take about effort and hard work being the minimum we expect from our players - I think that is all that Benitez what to see from James. This is what all the other players have to do, James just can't be give a special privilege card over the rest of the squad.  

35 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think it’s ridiculous that he hasn’t made the match day squdtoday, surely even a half fit James is better than not being able to fill the bench ?

Maybe Rafa has rules and they aren't being met.   I'd like to think he would get a place but if he's not training well etc then I understand why.

All speculation of course. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think it’s ridiculous that he hasn’t made the match day squdtoday, surely even a half fit James is better than not being able to fill the bench ?

If we set up with a player behind the striker he should be the first name on the team sheet. Probably would have made the difference in the first half.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Especially when we can't name a full bench.

I understand where some peeps are coming from, like Hafnia for example, but I've got to admit this side of Rafa is something I wasn't looking forward to - a kind of egotistical stubborness, the need to be. I'm sat on the fence with this one to be honest. Hopefully it sorts itself out for the best of the club.

15 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It seems Benitez is determined to offload James no matter what. He's a stubborn man who plays favorites: always has been.

Ok..... Let's look at this properly.

James Rodriguez is an elite level talent with game changing ability.   We went and got him on a free..... Real Madrid wanted shut, Bayern never wanted to keep him. Rafa wasn't the manager of either of those teams..... So other managers may share his views of him. 

James came to Everton with almost no competition for his signature due to his relationship with Ancellotti..... Ancellotti has gone, James was available for free and Ancellotti hasn't signed him.

No other teams are interested in this player it seems.....so what gives???? 

Football clubs are not stupid, they do due diligence when signing players and James agent has been told to find him a club but can't find one.

I don't think this is all about Rafa. He may not like him or think he has a place in his system but he is not the only manager who doesn't want him.   

Good players available on free transfer and 50 percent wages get snapped up. Simple as that.  He isn't. 

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Ok..... Let's look at this properly.

James Rodriguez is an elite level talent with game changing ability.   We went and got him on a free..... Real Madrid wanted shut, Bayern never wanted to keep him. Rafa wasn't the manager of either of those teams..... So other managers may share his views of him. 

James came to Everton with almost no competition for his signature due to his relationship with Ancellotti..... Ancellotti has gone, James was available for free and Ancellotti hasn't signed him.

No other teams are interested in this player it seems.....so what gives???? 

Football clubs are not stupid, they do due diligence when signing players and James agent has been told to find him a club but can't find one.

I don't think this is all about Rafa. He may not like him or think he has a place in his system but he is not the only manager who doesn't want him.   

Good players available on free transfer and 50 percent wages get snapped up. Simple as that.  He isn't. 

unfortunately you can't really argue with the fact's you have laid bare  - James is not particular sort after by other clubs and managers. It's been no secret he has been available all summer, and no takes. 

James was a signing made to please Ancelotti. It turns out Ancelotti himself was a mistake, so I find it really difficult to argue that Benitez or any other manager to go out of their way to accommodate James in the team. Has to be the new managers choice of how this team moves forward. 

I read this weekend that Nuno was close to signing as our manager, but the club where put off by the fact Nuno wanted to build around James - the club did not want this and he didn't get the job. Now true this is I don't know - but its out there. 

I would appear that Benitez and the club are pulling in the same direction - and James is just not part of the future of this football club.

What is better for the club? -  playing the likes of Grey and Iwobi more and building their experience and confidence in a Benitez team or adapting our system and style  outside what the manager wants to instil in the squad to somehow shoehorn James in the team when he is fit. 

A nice as James can be to watch, he just isn't part of the future of this club, so effort is better spent elsewhere.