IGNORED

Fabian Delph

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Thats' why it would have been nice if we'd have managed to get a CM in in January. But hopefully Gomes can hit the ground running when he returns.

Tough tho as we have so many central midfielders, and at the time we though Gomes and Gambin were close to return. Getting a decent CM in, even on loan is hard as not many were available. Not to mention the wages and fee we would have to pay.

Better let Carlo see what he has now and, get rid of 3 in the Summer, then get our chosen targets in. As you say hope Gomes is back and back to form quickly.

20 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Tough tho as we have so many central midfielders, and at the time we though Gomes and Gambin were close to return. Getting a decent CM in, even on loan is hard as not many were available. Not to mention the wages and fee we would have to pay.

Better let Carlo see what he has now and, get rid of 3 in the Summer, then get our chosen targets in. As you say hope Gomes is back and back to form quickly.

I wouldn’t have brought anyone in permanently, that would’ve been silly. But I hope we did all we could to find someone on loan but that we either didn’t deem anyone good enough or we just couldn’t get something done. 

• 5 months later...
44 minutes ago, Matt said:

I always dread this thread being bumped because it’s never to say he didn’t actually sign after-all and it’s all be a prank. 

A prank gone badly wrong, alas.  Two more years on his contract.

If this news ruins your day, week, or next two years, just delete it, show me the red card, pretend I didn’t actually post it.

Unpopular opinion - we’ve missed him.

He’s been an awful signing due to his injuries but he is probably our best CM option in a 4-4-2.

I do feel most of our problems this season have stemmed from not been able to select any of our main central midfield options (Gbamin, Gomes and Delph) for most of the season.

Without a doubt we would be much better with him. He may divide opinion, but he is simply our bear option in the middle.

We are possibly the weakest team in the league through the middle at the moment, I can’t think k of a team worse. Once he is back we will see results change. 
We may be able to challenge with the bottom teams... play out a 0-0 maybe.

52 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Even more unpopular - we’ve missed Schneiderlin more. Vastly superior to Delph, Sigurdsson and Davies. Put together. 

This. 

The levelling down of our midfield has been rapid. From McCarthy and Barry, then to Gana and Schneiderlin and now we have Davies and bloody Siggy who isn't even a central midfielder.

At this rate next season we will be starting with Besic and some random bloke off the street.

5 hours ago, c1982 said:

Unpopular opinion - we’ve missed him.

He’s been an awful signing due to his injuries but he is probably our best CM option in a 4-4-2.

I do feel most of our problems this season have stemmed from not been able to select any of our main central midfield options (Gbamin, Gomes and Delph) for most of the season.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Even more unpopular - we’ve missed Schneiderlin more. Vastly superior to Delph, Sigurdsson and Davies. Put together. 

4 hours ago, Bill said:

I'm sure Besic would be no worse than some midfielders we have had to play this season.

At least you'd get a bit more bite in the tackles, our midfield play like big girls and make it so easy for the opposition.

yeah we miss all 3.  besic nothing we can do, marco sent him off and was sacked, he's ineligible.  delph injured (like always), should have known that when we signed him.  morgan sadly said recently he wanted gone this summer but marco said he wanted him here.  he knew since the summer he wanted to go to Nice, his mind was already made up.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

£5m would be beyond my wildest dreams if we could get it. 

Actually think we would get more than that if we sold him this summer.  Bought him for 8 with what, 1 year on his contract?  Has 2 years on it now and I can see a team or two being interested.  He certainly could have helped our cause by being fit for even one game to show buyers he's not fully crocked, but what can you do.  While he was largely garbage this year he wouldn't be the first one out the door for me. 

Now if we get two solid CMs in early doors, then by all means 'ta ra'. 

• 4 months later...

Biggest problem we have with Delph is that no one will want to buy him, he’s permanently crocked, never mind being rubbish on the pitch. All the calls ( me included) in the last window suggesting Leeds would love him are so deluded, he’s the opposite of a Leeds type of player, they have players who can run and play a forward pass.