IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Ronaldo Koeman on Oumar Niasse: "Sometimes in life you need to give opportunities. One of the reasons he's back is that we didn't get what we wanted in window. Last season was different. His behaviour has been perfect. He needs to fight like all the others."

Wow.  Never thought Koeman would budge.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

can't wait to see all the koeman haters eat humble pie on this one.

I don't think anyone's a "Koeman hater", but plenty of "Koeman skeptics". On this one, though, all credit to him for changing his stance. All credit to Niasse, too, that "his beahviour has been perfect". This is the type of commitment, flexibility, and professionalism we hope to see in players and managers.

Just now, rubecula said:

a bit before my time but did he play centre forward for USA?

Not quite, he chose General McCellan who was great at training army's but a terrible field general to be in charge of the army of the Potomac due to lack of alternatives.

He also played power forward for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

10 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

If I was Niasse I'd be happy I was anywhere near a Premier League 1st team.

He signed for hull on loan for half a season and a move to another PL side fell through last minute. I'm sure he will end up in this league if he moves on from us.

I think Koeman saw his arse big time when Niasse wouldn't go anywhere last summer despite being told he wouldn't play here, and probably saw a player only wanting to pick up a wage. But his attitude while on loan at Hull and playing for our U23s must have shown him otherwise and he's decided to give him another opportunity (to show he's shit :P). So fair play to the pair of them.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

He could be a an upgrade on what Straq and Beckford were, just surprised by the fact that he's not in the Europa squad but is in the PL one, odd to me.

Completely bizarre, yet a player who doesn't want to part of the club in Ross is in.

No sense in that what so ever, another Koeman tactical master plan?