IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

I would like someone with bit of passion on touchline & some fresh ideas. Simeone at athletico for example. Would hav liked to see big dunc in charge for last few games. Im sure if he had a chance wud lift the crowd for few games. Not sayin permanently but just to see if it wets his whistle. Anyone one wat big dunc has planned career wise?

So unless he's bullshitting he will be here next season. Fuck off Everton. Expect to waste money on overpaid, over the hill players with no resale value, young talent to be sold or left to rot, crap football and a fourth bog standard, mid table finish in five years. Moshiri is a fucking clown. 

Before we start getting overly emotional about it, remember we don't actually know!

From Moshiris point if view, and this is only IF he is looking for stability, he might see keeping Sam on for another year as a 'safe' option considering we need a new CEO (with Elstone leaving) and potentially a new DoF, if that rumour is true. From his point of view, he knows what he is getting with Sam. We'll most likely finish 7th next season. And Moshiri might not want to be known as a 'hire and fire' type of guy.

That's the only bit of defence I can put forward for the scenario of Sam staying.

Beyond that...its a bad idea. The football will be dross, 7th will be regarded as a huge achievement 'because look where we were when I took over....', long term I can see more damage bring done than good, the fans will be pissed off and GP more of a museum to the past than it already is. Plenty of reasons.

Whatever happens, I think we'll see a hectic couple of months pre World Cup.

41 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Before we start getting overly emotional about it, remember we don't actually know!

From Moshiris point if view, and this is only IF he is looking for stability, he might see keeping Sam on for another year as a 'safe' option considering we need a new CEO (with Elstone leaving) and potentially a new DoF, if that rumour is true. From his point of view, he knows what he is getting with Sam. We'll most likely finish 7th next season. And Moshiri might not want to be known as a 'hire and fire' type of guy.

That's the only bit of defence I can put forward for the scenario of Sam staying.

Beyond that...its a bad idea. The football will be dross, 7th will be regarded as a huge achievement 'because look where we were when I took over....', long term I can see more damage bring done than good, the fans will be pissed off and GP more of a museum to the past than it already is. Plenty of reasons.

Whatever happens, I think we'll see a hectic couple of months pre World Cup.

I think finishing 7th is hugely optimistic. Burnley are a better side than us, Leicester are rumoured to be ready to spend big again, I'd back Newcastle to finish above us if Rafa stays and I think Wolves are going to be a real team to watch. 

We do know exactly what we're getting with Allardyce, that's the problem. And it isn'tt just results on the pitch. 5, 10 years ago I looked at our club and thought, yeah, we're heading in the right direction. Now I feel what I felt in the late 90s, that the people behind the scenes are clueless. 

What I don't get is that presumably he knocked back our initial approach because we just wanted to parachute him in as a firefighter to avoid relegation on a six month contract (because he would then get no pay-off). We stupidly went back and offered him 18 months, which is neither one thing or the other; if you want someone to do a "quick fix" you give him the short contract but if you think he's the guy to take you forward you give him four years. So plainly he was never thought of as a long term solution. If Moshiri had faith in him he'd have come back from London yesterday having signed an extension because of the great work he's doing. 

It doesn't add up for me. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

The BBC are reporting that we were 18th when he took over when we were 13th; even if you're stupid enough to give him the West Ham game we were 16th, think the entry level requirement for a beeb journo is currently a GCSE in woodwork.

This is the most annoying thing. He took over when we were 13th! Fact - Cant stand this misrepresentation from the media.

Surely we're not going to keep him for next season, there nothing to be gained from having him there. We've maintained our PL status and need to move forward, which we will never do with a dinosaur.

Pay him off ( much as it pains me to give him such a large amount, but we've made our bed so to speak ) and get a forward thinking manager who will take us forward . 

I work in Manchester and my mate says to me are you happy with sam? I gave it him big time how shite we are etc and he just looked at me and said he kept you up, he’s done a good job. That’s the concensus from the outside. People actually believe the bullshit. It’s insane. I can see him staying now 

3 hours ago, barryj said:

This is the most annoying thing. He took over when we were 13th! Fact - Cant stand this misrepresentation from the media.

Absolutely this. He’s made very little difference in terms of league position. Moreover the press appear to have forgotten what the crook did when England manager. Clearly the press have an agenda, and it’s not clear why. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

I work in Manchester and my mate says to me are you happy with sam? I gave it him big time how shite we are etc and he just looked at me and said he kept you up, he’s done a good job. That’s the concensus from the outside. People actually believe the bullshit. It’s insane. I can see him staying now 

Paul Merson just gave him 9/10 for the job he has done here. It' just madness.