IGNORED

Robin Olsen

Pickfords form has definately improved since Olsen has arrived at the club. Maybe some decent competition is what has been lacking. 

So on the currnt form we have two keepers we can rely upon. We should always be looking for improvment - if they can push each other to the improvment needed. Then great.

I feel a lot better about the keeper situation than I did six months ago. 

My fear of him not being reliable is less so than Pickford.  His feet arent a patch on Pickford's but I'm not too concerned as Pickford tends to go short or hoof it long to the keeper.  When his kicking is good it's a great weapon. 

The biggest plus for me with Olsen is his size and command of the area, crosses and corners feel less frantic and the defence looks more settled.

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

My fear of him not being reliable is less so than Pickford.  His feet arent a patch on Pickford's but I'm not too concerned as Pickford tends to go short or hoof it long to the keeper.  When his kicking is good it's a great weapon. 

The biggest plus for me with Olsen is his size and command of the area, crosses and corners feel less frantic and the defence looks more settled.

He played well but can’t see how you feel he improved the defence Leeds had 16 shots 7 on target and 7 corners, that doesn’t feel like a defence that was settled that feels like a defence that had a battle on their hands and were struggling to keep them at bay. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

He played well but can’t see how you feel he improved the defence Leeds had 16 shots 7 on target and 7 corners, that doesn’t feel like a defence that was settled that feels like a defence that had a battle on their hands and were struggling to keep them at bay. 

The way the defence operated,  from corners and crosses especially.  It's not the defences job to stop themselves getting work to do but when they did they were solid and organised 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

The way the defence operated,  from corners and crosses especially.  It's not the defences job to stop themselves getting work to do but when they did they were solid and organised 

But surely that’s down to the managers and coaches I re-watched the game he isn’t gesturing to the defence, he played well Haf but let’s not get to carried away with he was also responsible for how the defence played that’s an unquantifiable statement. For me just happy he played well and atoned for his terrible pass to Doucoure. 

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But surely that’s down to the managers and coaches I re-watched the game he isn’t gesturing to the defence, he played well Haf but let’s not get to carried away with he was also responsible for how the defence played that’s an unquantifiable statement. For me just happy he played well and atoned for his terrible pass to Doucoure. 

It's not his communication as such - it's the fact that defenders know what he's about with aerial balls.

I'm setting him up for a fall here but from what I've seen his presence/command of area is far superior to Pickford 

This is the 2nd game he’s buckled under the pressure of constant attacks to his goal, I can understand how that happens keepers going into panic mode when their defence isn’t protecting their area as they should do. But if we are going to say Pickford isn’t good enough to play for us because of the Leicester goal then the same should be said of Olsen, and on and on it will roll with every keeper we get because it’s an occupational hazard for keepers they are going to make mistakes, so what we need to focus on is do they do more good than bad for me Pickford definitely does his saves have gained us more points than his mistakes have lost us, and possibly the same for Olsen although he hasn’t had the same amount of games to judge him on in all fairness. 

He has below average feet for keepers at this level. He doesn't move them quick enough and it means he isn't as agile as he needs to be. 

I also don't think he is particularly commanding. To me he is your goal line keeper because he seems to lose his angles when he comes off it.

He would probably be a perfect keeper for Burnley where he has a lot more time to set himself.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

He has below average feet for keepers at this level. He doesn't move them quick enough and it means he isn't as agile as he needs to be. 

I also don't think he is particularly commanding. To me he is your goal line keeper because he seems to lose his angles when he comes off it.

He would probably be a perfect keeper for Burnley where he has a lot more time to set himself.

He's shite, can't even hit it as far as the half-way line. You're definitely right about him not knowing his angles as well - when Fernandes had that free-kick on the edge of our area you could tell he didn't have a Scooby Doo where he was in the goal.