IGNORED

Neal Maupay

c1982

His movement and work rate are going to be two big improvements on Rondon.

I am just not too sure how we get the most out of that movement with the way we play at the moment because we spend so little time in the opposition final third and putting quality into the box.

I think it is going to be a bit of a culture shock for him playing here after so long playing under Potter at Brighton but hopefully he can adapt and hit the ground running.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

Spot on, we need to walk before we can run. This is the type of signing that should help us get to being a solid mid table team (footballing wise and financially wise) we need to be doing this before we have grand designs on mixing it with those in the top half of the table.

I think it's a sensible signing this summer. Has plenty of premiership experience, does score goals and is solid and a grafter out of position. isn't breaking the bank. 

Exactly this. Marquee signings who are the finished article do not want to come here because they want to compete for Europe. So, we're taking in my opinion the correct approach. We identified Onana as one with the potential to be a fixture in our midfield for years to come, and we've remained patient in a tough market and brought on pieces to fortify the squad who are both reasonably priced and, most importantly, actually want to play here and will leave it on the field to ensure we remain in the top flight while we rebuild our foundation. Coady, Tarkowski, and Maupay all fit the bill in that regard. 

Why are people saying he can’t finish? 
Is he known for having a low shot to goal ratio or something?

I wonder how he compares to Richarlison?

Honestly don’t watch him much, but when ever he plays against us…. He looks good. 

But then everyone looks good against us. Fucking Messi would look a top player against us.

15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Why are people saying he can’t finish? 
Is he known for having a low shot to goal ratio or something?

I wonder how he compares to Richarlison?

Honestly don’t watch him much, but when ever he plays against us…. He looks good. 

But then everyone looks good against us. Fucking Messi would look a top player against us.

Agree, Messi would probably look pretty good against us.

17 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

So is this another that was supposed to be done in time for one of our games but never happened? (Gana and Onana were the others)

Looks that way doesn’t it. 

Barcodes get Isak signed sealed and delivered from Spain ……… we seemingly can’t get one done from 200 miles away 🤷

Hopefully something announced with the shirt holding photo ?? 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Even tho he’s not the signing I wanted, I’ll still support him, and we need him for tomorrow …….. desperately 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

The amount of negativity around this transfer baffles me. It’s like some people think we’re an attractive proposition. We’re not. We’re a club that players and agent know has been run into the ground. Last season was an utter shambles and then we sold our best player. We’re shopping in Lidl because we don’t know where the nearest Waitrose is. 

If anyone watched us last season and thinks we should be buying top level talent, go and see your GP or your optician. Something isn’t right. 

This is what happens when your club is starting again from the beginning, and we have to live with it for a while. 

Maybe some fans need to get a reminder of what good old graft and attitude looks like in a side.  We’ve missed characters like this.   

surely the gylfi, Gomes, Schneiderlein, walcotts glamour signings haven’t been enough to scare people off from supposed top players. 

25 minutes ago, Fosse Captain said:

Barcodes get Isak signed sealed and delivered from Spain ……… we seemingly can’t get one done from 200 miles away 🤷

I’m going to assume you were privy to Newcastles dealings on this transfer then? 
Or just because we only heard about it yesterday they must have only made the offer the same day and had it all done and dusted in 24 hours? 🤔

31 minutes ago, Fosse Captain said:

Looks that way doesn’t it. 

Hopefully something announced with the shirt holding photo ?? 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Even tho he’s not the signing I wanted, I’ll still support him, and we need him for tomorrow …….. desperately 

I mean when you’re paying 71 million, I imagine both clubs want that to go pretty quickly.

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

He significantly adds to our squad.

Not a silly fee and not silly wages. 

His strike rate is what 1 in 4? Different type of striker to DCL, established in the premier.

If he can come in at £15 mil and get even 8-10 goals this season, it would be huge for us. 

Not a sexy signing but I’m on balance for it.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’m going to assume you were privy to Newcastles dealings on this transfer then? 
Or just because we only heard about it yesterday they must have only made the offer the same day and had it all done and dusted in 24 hours? 

‘privy to Newcastles dealings’ ……… brilliant 😂

Missed the point but never mind 

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

The point was?

We don’t know how long any transfer takes, only rumours and leaks. 

Newcastle No1 striker gets injured last week. 
This week they replace / upgrade. Who knows when negotiations first started tho. Maybe they were planning on getting him before the injury to Wilson 🤷

Everton No1 striker gets injured 5 weeks ago

We still haven’t replaced / upgraded / plugged the gap *delete as appropriate* 

We (apparently) finally identify said player from the same FA / League and seems to take longer, with what you would assume, has less stumbling blocks in terms of registration, rules etc 

But as I’m not privy to said transfer dealings, I obviously don’t have a point 😂 

48 minutes ago, Fosse Captain said:

Newcastle No1 striker gets injured last week. 
This week they replace / upgrade. Who knows when negotiations first started tho. Maybe they were planning on getting him before the injury to Wilson 🤷

Everton No1 striker gets injured 5 weeks ago

We still haven’t replaced / upgraded / plugged the gap *delete as appropriate* 

We (apparently) finally identify said player from the same FA / League and seems to take longer, with what you would assume, has less stumbling blocks in terms of registration, rules etc 

But as I’m not privy to said transfer dealings, I obviously don’t have a point 😂 

Buying a player just to replaced an injured player is just not a long term or effective plan. Buying a player if you need a stronger squad is. 
Everton would have bought a striker whether DCL got injured or not, as would Newcastle. 
We don’t know how many targets have been rejected over the last few months. 
We know what has been leaked and who have actually signed, probably 1% of all of the transfer dealings that have gone on. We’ll never know the other 99%. 
Getting wound up about it, when we really don’t have a clue, is just pointless. As is getting wound up about what another club has done. 

Not sure what to make of this one surely no one’s first choice even the management, close to being a panic buy but if we can feed him in the box from 8 yards out he’s proved himself to be a good finisher in the PL, I have a sneaky feeling that he could do well, but with our record of buying forwards in the last 6 years he will probably bomb.  

11 hours ago, c1982 said:

He will 100% be a cult hero here as he is a master of the dark arts - he’ll get in the opposition’s faces and wind them up - from experience that really gets Goodison going. Yes, he’ll need to score a few but his effort and general shithousery will endear him to the fans.

Just been browsing a Brighton forum to see what they think and they've quoted you on there and said...

"This one has hit the nail on the head though for me, and why I will miss Neal"