IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

20 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah, let's play him and wait 10 minutes until he gets injured and we need to waste a sub and then have to disrupt the defence as well.

Clever, very clever.

I disagree on your last point as well, as you know. He's crap because he's crap.

I don’t get this “ he’s our best defender when he’s fit ‘ shit. He wasn’t even our best defender when he was at his absolute prime. He has always been a shit player who has the occasional moment. 

A defender who even at 26 would get the ball in defence and hit it long… into the centre of the pitch! It was like he was kicking a ball against a wall and never understood why it kept coming back. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

The only reason the board turned up is to fire him. It better by Dyche because we need discipline in the squad. Ideally I'd have Frank as assistant because I think he's genuine in his love for the club. 

I doubt he will take the lesser job. Perhaps he would be interested in some kind of a general manager/executive position, where he will run the club on behalf of the board? I would certainly have him around because I think he's a very good man manager.

14 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I doubt he will take the lesser job. Perhaps he would be interested in some kind of a general manager/executive position, where he will run the club on behalf of the board? I would certainly have him around because I think he's a very good man manager.

Well he's going to have to because no one is going to touch him in a decent league now. 

Yeah. Sad that Lampard hasn't been up to the job. I know the squad is poor but I don't believe they are this poor.

It's a shame as I think Lampard is right for the club. But we need results. None of us can see where the results will come from.

Has to be Dyche. I believe he would get us out of this. I honestly think we have a core of players that he can work with.

But fans have to be prepared to adjust their expectations. Forget School of Science...its Dogs of War on Speed. Backs to the wall. Plenty of 1-0s and bore draws.

Not just now, for the foreseeable few seasons.

30 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Yeah. Sad that Lampard hasn't been up to the job. I know the squad is poor but I don't believe they are this poor.

It's a shame as I think Lampard is right for the club. But we need results. None of us can see where the results will come from.

Has to be Dyche. I believe he would get us out of this. I honestly think we have a core of players that he can work with.

But fans have to be prepared to adjust their expectations. Forget School of Science...its Dogs of War on Speed. Backs to the wall. Plenty of 1-0s and bore draws.

Not just now, for the foreseeable few seasons.

Dyche. 451. Godfrey at left back. Long balls. Big tackles. 
Im ready for it. But I hope it comes with a few new people at the top of the club. 

19 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Given that it's probably not up to Farhad Moshiri, the man that owns the club to hire a new manager it really is anyone's guess who comes in. 

I assume that there's perhaps going to be a voting system similar to how they used to pick the winner of the X Factor?

More than likely our board sit with their backs turned to the candidates, listen to em waffle on then spin round like their on the voice.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I would hope he has drawn his shortlist a long time ago. 

If he isnt already all over that, he isn't doing his job well enough.

I am guessing it will be a very short short list at this moment in hand. 

Not even sure it worth looking much beyond giving the assistance manager the reins to take this season through to May. 

Don't think it's worth bring in a Rooney or anybody else in and watch the club destroy him, over the next 4 months.

I would hazard a guess that whoever the manager is in May, he will be the manager at the helm when Everton get relegated.

Whoever comes in I think it should be a take us to the end of the season appointment and then take if from there. You never know what managers become available in this time.

Next season will either be 'build a team in the championship', or at best another 'relegation battle in the Premiership'. So potentially two different skill sets needed.

9 hours ago, StevO said:

That disappoints me. 

I can't even say that I want Dyche but it is a bit worrying that he's not being considered. If he was it at least would make some sense, so god knows who they're going to bring in to manage us.

Whoever it is we'll have a pretty good idea as to who has made the decision.

We’re such a mess of a club right now it’s incomprehensible how we can attract a decent manager whilst also getting away from this hire, sack, hire, sack routine.

I highly doubt he would want to touch us one bit but the best candidate out there is Tuchel. Approach him with a deal until the end of the season, it will be mega wages (still cheaper than what we’ve paid other managers after severance payments) & option for 1/2 year extension at his discretion… 

We have so little bargaining power as who ever comes in is most likely going to be the manager that officially relegates a premier league giant. But maybe, maybe Tuchel might fancy being the guy to save this club on the short term.