IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Definitely not up to Moshiri, remember?

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

No, no. The majority shareholder? Obviously not.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

I'm more curious about who makes the next manager appointment.

Thewell? Bill? Moshiri? Jim White?

TBF we'd be losing our goddamn minds if Moshiri or Bill were still making football decisions. We're in this mess because they meddled for far too long. The only reasonable and acceptable outcome is to allow your DoF to make the appointment. The owner cuts the checks based on the boards asks. The boards asks come from the DoF on the footballing side and CEO on the business side. We've managed to make a pretty simple process very f***ing complicated. Also TBF plenty of other examples out there of bad ownership and leadership in sports. 

9 minutes ago, Fosse Captain said:

I don't get the clamour for Dyche. Why do people think he could save us? He was relegated with Burnley, and on the way to doing it again when he got sacked. All at a team he built over many years. Hardly a a stellar candidate. Then again, no one any good would join us anyway, so a moot point  😂

Because of the years he kept them up. With little money to spend and a not very attractive club. 

9 minutes ago, Fosse Captain said:

I don't get the clamour for Dyche. Why do people think he could save us? He was relegated with Burnley, and on the way to doing it again when he got sacked. All at a team he built over many years. Hardly a a stellar candidate. Then again, no one any good would join us anyway, so a moot point  😂

IMO he did very well given his resources at Burnley.

Marcelino is being reported in the Spanish press - can’t say I know a lot about him but it would certainly be very different to what we’ve done previously e.g looking very much under our noses with PL experience. This alone is a positive to me as it suggests maybe Thelwell is having more influence?! Anyway, the football hipsters on Twitter seem to like Marcelino and by all accounts what he walked into at Valencia would make our current mess look quite tranquil!

58 minutes ago, Aidan said:

IMO he did very well given his resources at Burnley.

He did an incredible job really. Not too dissimilar to Howe who kept Bournemouth afloat with a core of players who shouldnt have been at that level.

55 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s not just a manager, but all his back room staff as well. Coles gone ext.

Just shows good players dont necessarily translate to good coaches judging by how Patterson and Mykolenko have got on this season 🤣

Thinking about the point Carragher made about the different directions in the boardroom between Mohsiri and Kenwright/DBB, if Bielsa really is on the shortlist, then he feels like a Mohsiri candidate.

A big name "superstar" manager that I believe would be completely wrong for us and this squad. Can you imagine these centre backs playing a high aggressive line?

If its Nuno you will see the influence from Thelwell, but again I just dont see that happening. 

I can imagine Dyche would be Bills choice as a Moyes Mk II. There is a lot about Dyche that fits but I worry that the game is moving on and these tactical and technical managers these days are much better at breaking teams down and stopping the direct play. Is that style of football still as effective as it was 2 or 3 seasons ago?

Seems a few like Bielsa, but my fear with him is he has a very specify style of play, which is pretty unique to him. He also expects players to simply slot in to his style, rather than work around the attributes of the players he has available

Do we really need another year trying to get the player playing another style.

I would like to see us make a move for Lee Carsley.

I think he would work well with Thelwall developing a young team and want to play possession football. He will have his finger on the pulse of the best young talent around.

He is not a glamour big name signing, but he is very well respected as a coach and this is what we need. He has done very good things with England U21's.

In January last year the club made a choice to bring in a young 'modern' manager who wanted to developed a team that would play on the front foot. I feel we need to stick to this plan, whereever it takes us in the short term.

https://theathletic-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/theathletic.com/2943632/2021/11/10/lee-carsley-the-no-nonsense-midfielder-now-helping-shape-the-future-of-english-football/?amp=1&amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16745127496979&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Ftheathletic.com%2F2943632%2F2021%2F11%2F10%2Flee-carsley-the-no-nonsense-midfielder-now-helping-shape-the-future-of-english-football%2F

I would take him ahead of both Rooney and Ferguson as an Everton old boy. He will understand the passion needed to put on a blue shirt and will know what we demand as fans. 

32 minutes ago, Aidan said:

The only positive for Biesla is if can get a few early results, implement his all action style early - the fans will go mad for him.

I think it’s safe to say as an evertonian we firstly want to see desire & passion from our players - we don’t expect to win every match (especially these days) but every team should walk out Goodison thinking they just went to war.

Another positive with Biesla is he takes full control & the board won’t be involved as much.

38 minutes ago, Btay said:

The only positive for Biesla is if can get a few early results, implement his all action style early - the fans will go mad for him.

I think it’s safe to say as an evertonian we firstly want to see desire & passion from our players - we don’t expect to win every match (especially these days) but every team should walk out Goodison thinking they just went to war.

Another positive with Biesla is he takes full control & the board won’t be involved as much.

We don’t have the players for his all action style and we don’t have the available finances or time to bring in the players to make it work.

So on that basis I can only see it being a total disaster.

31 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We don’t have the players for his all action style and we don’t have the available finances or time to bring in the players to make it work.

So on that basis I can only see it being a total disaster.

Initially I thought the same but I think our best result & performance this year was the game against liverpool in which we just went all out end to end.

Edit- in terms of the players we might not be as bad as people think. Our midfield is not technically adequate but Onana, Iwobi, Doucoure & Gana could suit a high tempo, physical all action approach.

Gray & Gordon can get through work and would only really look threatening if we played forward with pace - Mcneil will hate this.

Patterson could, maybe Myko. Holgate & Godfrey could with a Coady or Tarks between them.

I’m so resigned to us getting relegated that I just feel for the last 18 games let’s just have a proper go. If we bring in a technical manager, I’m not sure the players have that style in them as well & I don’t know if they fans will get behind an all out defence (I don’t see us defending well enough as well) style & limp to relegation.

Biesla was never my first choice but if he came here and got it going - Goodison would be an absolute bear pit and the fans would be right behind it.

Starting to look like Lamps fell out with a few of the players. I wonder what it was over.

As for Bielsa, I'm not convinced that any of the senior players will have the mental or physical guts to play his style. 

Well see a lot of youth players getting in the team if he comes.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Initially I thought the same but I think our best result & performance this year was the game against liverpool in which we just went all out end to end.

Edit- in terms of the players we might not be as bad as people think. Our midfield is not technically adequate but Onana, Iwobi, Doucoure & Gana could suit a high tempo, physical all action approach.

Gray & Gordon can get through work and would only really look threatening if we played forward with pace - Mcneil will hate this.

Patterson could, maybe Myko. Holgate & Godfrey could with a Coady or Tarks between them.

I’m so resigned to us getting relegated that I just feel for the last 18 games let’s just have a proper go. If we bring in a technical manager, I’m not sure the players have that style in them as well & I don’t know if they fans will get behind an all out defence (I don’t see us defending well enough as well) style & limp to relegation.

Biesla was never my first choice but if he came here and got it going - Goodison would be an absolute bear pit and the fans would be right behind it.

I also think our players would struggle to get to grips with his style especially with out a preseason to get the fitness required.

The fact we can use more subs this season would suit Bielsa. 

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

We’re going down anyway. Let Bielsa torture the players seven days a week in training. Just make sure they put his murder ball sessions on YouTube so we can watch them suffer. 

Don't get me wrong there's a lot to love if it is Bielsa - for one, he'll demand it contractually that Moshiri, Bill etc keep their noses out - and I am liking the idea for it to happen now to a certain extent. I'm just not sure my sanity can take the further hammering it'll likely to get until the end of the season!