IGNORED

Mason Holgate

c1982

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Whichever way you read it - it points to the fact that he thinks if you win the games in hand then don’t look like we are in relegation battle.  It’s like he’s offended by the fact we are in a dogfight. 

it’s absolute madness that he is coming out with that shit at this stage of the season. It sends a message that he’s not taking this as seriously as he should. I’ve been watching the game long enough to see how teams like sheff wed, forest etc lost their league status cos their players were like this. 

you only need to look at how it’s registered with many fans on twitter and other forums.  The fans need to feel that the players understand the criticality of the situation….. when you see dom stroll round for 70 minutes and Keane make brainless challenges then it doesn’t help. 

Thats not what he said! He uses the present tense to explain were in trouble currently and the conditional future tense for how someone would read the table if we win our games in hand. It's basic grammar. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thats not what he said! He uses the present tense to explain were in trouble currently and the conditional future tense for how someone would read the table if we win our games in hand. It's basic grammar. 

I’m not talking about grammar Matt, I’ve got a decent level of education thanks.

I’m talking about the fact that he’s talking about “if” (yes the future conditional tense which I had referred to many posts back) we win 2 games in hand and where it puts us……..

it’s complete stupidity. Fans have looked at the table, looked at our fixtures and our nearest teams fixtures and worked out the probability of where we will end up.

From a statistical analysis “if” we win all our remaining games we will be in the top half, but “if” we return points at our current run rate we will not get near 40 points.

so essentially he’s talking shite, (present tense even though he said it previously)

• 1 month later...
On 19/05/2022 at 23:18, Bailey said:

I still dont think he is good enough for this league but he has done really well these last couple of games. 

More than good enough for the league mate. He’s a very good premier league player.

The past five or six games he has gone about his job quietly and unassumingly, and has been one of the better players out there. If he can continue that form he will be the mainstay of our defence next season. If!

17 minutes ago, Shukes said:

More than good enough for the league mate. He’s a very good premier league player.

The past five or six games he has gone about his job quietly and unassumingly, and has been one of the better players out there. If he can continue that form he will be the mainstay of our defence next season. If!

I dont think he is. 

He is still the same player he was before, he has just had tonnes more protection. Its the same with Keane.

In those games he has still made mistakes, real rookie mistakes too (first chance against Leicester springs to mind) but like any defender he is much more comfortable playing how we have been. 

I assume our intention will be to play more expansive football next season and if we do he will make the same mistakes because he is below average in the league in almost every criteria. 

That doesnt take away from the fact that on the whole he has done much, much better these last few games.

6 hours ago, London Blue said:

I think the pressure of the season and realisation that he had to perform has made him, I think he will be a very good defender for us now.

Yeah, he's shown a great deal of maturity lately and he may become a very good player for us in the future.

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

It’s an odd one. A couple seasons ago he was fantastic and looked like he was destined for the very top. Then he got injured, had his confidence shaken and the mistakes started to come. He’s been good down the stretch here when it mattered most. I think that, and previous good play has shown us enough that he deserves the chance to keep it going.