IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

23 minutes ago, Paddock said:

well looks like I'm going to have to eat some humble pie.

Two matches doesn't make him a worldie. He was still caught offsides a couple times, first touch worse than rom.  I'm not going to bash the guy but I'm not going to be head over heels.

when he started for hull I don't think he ever scored, he was always best off the bench.  I'm thinking that's what he should be here as well, chaos when they are tired from all his unorthodox running.

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

when he started for hull I don't think he ever scored, he was always best off the bench.  I'm thinking that's what he should be here as well, chaos when they are tired from all his unorthodox running.

Sounds very much like Rom's breakout season at West Brom, whatever happened to him?

18 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Two matches doesn't make him a worldie. He was still caught offsides a couple times, first touch worse than rom.  I'm not going to bash the guy but I'm not going to be head over heels.

I never said he was a worldy- but he's managed to score as many goals in one game than the whole team has in 6 games.

That'll do for me- he has to start against Limassol and Burnley.

7 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

While I've been consistent in my support of Niasse, especially during the time he was being written off and mocked for fun, I hope Koeman does not make the opposite mistake and make Niasse a starter. He's not Lukaku. He's not DC-L. He's not the forward we're craving. What he is, though, is an impact sub, someone who can make a difference when the game is on the line - which is what he did today. IMO, we should recognize and take advantage of this strengths, not set him up for failure.

Largely agree but I think I'd give him a start v Limassol, I think he deserves that; then back on the bench for Burnley.

43 minutes ago, yamar said:

The one thing I do like about this lad is... He plays the game so simple. Back to goal, good touch and lays if off whilst finding more space....... Oh, and he scores goals. That's two.

Good touch for the first goal, but he's got a heavy touch in general. His game just reminds me of Defoe. Wouldn't start him every week but a good option from the bench. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

His humility after receiving so much disgraceful treatment is fantastic.

Well done young man. Lesson to be learned by so many. 

He deserves an apology. 

The apology should have come a long time ago - koeman's behavior was abysmal.   Now it should be both an apology and admitting he was wrong (and, yes, one swallow does not make a summer, etc). 

Nevertheless, I don't see it coming - koeman strikes me as too arrogant to do so